34*

Red Skys and Royal Cards
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chanyeol’s POV

  Finally shaking Sky off of me and storming out of the house, I made my way down the streets.  I was beyond angry that Sky would do something like that, but what pissed me off the most is that Luhan agreed to teach her.  Does he not realize that if he slipped, just once, he could have seriously hurt her?

  Does she not understand that she will never be able to take on any of us without hurting herself.  Not to mention that whatever she learns will only be physical, Warriors have Specialties that can kill her from a hundred yards away.  She won’t even get close enough to actually hit them, not like that will do anything either.

  And whether she realizes it or not, having your Dealer killed by another Warrior is one of the hardest things to deal with.  Knowing you could have stopped it.  So no, I was not happy that she wanted to be able to fight us without our help.

  I’ve watched as more than one of my Dealers have been killed by opposing Warriors as they command me to stay out of the fight and not interfere.  And I will not watch the same thing happen to Sky, not with the feelings I hold for her.

  I finally had to face the fact that I was starting to grow a crush for Sky when D.O brought her to me after Xiumin almost froze her to death.  Even before that I cared for her a lot, but when I held her ice-cold body in my arms, I knew that it was more than just caring that I felt towards her.

  So how was I supposed to react when I find out that she has been training to do the one thing I hate?  I know the pain, I know what it looks like, I know how it feels to watch your Dealer die, and here with Sky I have had to experience so many close calls, more times that I ever wish I needed to.

  Yes, I’m mad, that is a given in situations like these, but that isn’t why I stormed out.  I would have stayed and talked with her about this, but I can feel my blood literally boiling, and it wouldn’t be safe for me to stay in that house.

  I’m a pure Card, that’s the term I gave to myself because I realized that I don’t need to be fully unlocked to release a mass about of energy in one go.  One problem is that when I release like this – because I shouldn’t be able to do this – I have to have high emotional build-ups that are looking for an escape.  Like now.

  Problem two, I normally go unconscious after since my body isn’t equipped to deal with the rush of power I’m using.  Had I been fully unlocked and been able to use myself to my full potential then I would be able to control this, and there would be no side effects and I would be able to do it with a little more strength and accuracy.  Too bad that won’t ever happen.  At least not with Sky.

  I had to get myself away from people and somewhere where no one would find me.  And since I will be unconscious I can’t go back into my Card, which is a big problem when people find me.  So I needed a place that was isolated enough for me not to be found, as well as somewhere I could get to fast.

  I made it out of the Academy and was making my way through the now deserted streets.  I could feel myself getting hotter by the second.  If I didn’t find somewhere fast, I was going to hurt people and I didn’t want to do that.

  I came up to the entrance to the park where Sky found Xiumin.  The clearing we ate lunch in was probably the best place I was going to find any time soon.  Making the last decision, that it w

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter