28*

Red Skys and Royal Cards
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

  I’m sore.  Very, very sore.  All my muscles ache.  It hurts to move.

  I’ve been pushing myself harder than ever before.  It’s only been five days, but I hurt everywhere.  The others still had no idea what was going on with Luhan and I.  Luhan and I talked about how we could keep this all quiet for now.  Best thing we came up with: I was still mad at them and wanted my space for a little while everyday which they would reside in their Cards for.  All but Luhan who was training with me.

  We just finished lunch and it was time for the two hours of time away from the boys.  Sehun, Kai and D.O tried to talk me out of my alone time, but I insisted and they complied, for now.

  Changing into clothing I could easily move in and didn’t cause any problems while I fought with Luhan; I met him in the field.  I sat on the grass and began stretching my hurting muscles, Luhan doing the same.

  “Are you sure you don’t need a break, Sky?”  He asked as we got up to begin.

  I shook my head, “I need to push past this.”

  He nodded in understanding. Lunging forward he grabbed my arm and twisted it behind my back.  Flowing with the movement, I spun myself around and out of his grip, tripping him as we went.  Both of us landed on the soft ground; using my strength I flipped myself so I was standing again.

  Luhan was a split second faster than me in getting up so I had to block his punch the moment I was upright.  Flipping out of the way, I got behind him and kicked his knees out from under him, pinning him to the ground with his arms beside him.

  “Done yet, Lulu?”  I mocked.

  I could hear the smirk in his voice, “Never.”  It didn’t take him much effort to have our positions reversed.  He had my wrists pinned beside my head, the weight of his body over mine making it impossible for me to struggle or move.

  I tried to squirm to make him get off of me but it was no use.  I could barely even move my legs to kick him off of me, “Out?”  And he still had the sense to mock me.

  “Fine, get off.”  I hissed and Luhan rolled off of me.

  Damn him, I have not been able to beat him once.  Every time I think I have him he just shows more of his strength.  I can hit him, but it’s like he doesn’t feel half of them.  I’m finally starting to realize just how strong Warriors really are. 

  The two of us lay panting as we looked up at the red sky.  The sun was starting to sink lower, shadows beginning to be seen.  “Should we tell the others about this, Luhan?”  It was a question that had been bothering me for a little while.

  “Do you think we should?”  He asked back.

  “I don’t know how they will react to this.  And I don’t want to hurt them.  But even if we don’t tell them I’m still hurting them.  I don’t know any more.”  I sighed and to my side.

  “If you didn’t want to hurt them, then why did you ask me to do this?”

  I sighed, “Luhan, I know this is just training for fun.  But would you consider training me to really fight?  How to use a Warrior’s strength and Specialties against them?”

  Luhan stiffened.  He was obviously dreading when I was going to bring this up again, but I still hadn’t let the possibility go that he just might.  I heard him sigh.  He ran his fingers through his hair, messing it up, and did it ever look hot.  He turned to look at me, “Let me think about it, okay.”

  It wasn’t a ‘no’, so that was a step in the right direction.  I nodded and sat up and hugged my knees to my chest.  I looked at the whole yard around me, from the pool to the stones and new pond. 

  “Luhan, how many of the stones can you move now?”  I was curious since I haven’t seen him move them much at all recently.  He didn’t respond verbally as I looked over at him then back to where the stones were; I saw all of them floating around in a circle.  Luhan hadn’t even moved a hair.

  It was beautiful watching the glossy stones spin faster and faster in their orbit.  They soon became a blur of black as they flew around.  It was really quite beautiful, I had to tear my eyes away from them to look back at Luhan.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter