22*

Red Skys and Royal Cards
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

  They were like little kids as they flitted between each and every one of the little shops.  Sometimes calling me over to look at something they thought was interesting and different.  It was fun just watching them look at all the trinkets the stall owners were selling.

  I found Sehun standing at one stall looing down at the jewelry they were selling.  All of it was silver and held a soft shine to it, it was all very beautiful.  When he saw me coming over though, he looked away from the display and came over to me.  Unlike back at the house and at the mall, he didn’t have that smile on his face.  His expression was blank and emotionless.

  “Is something wrong, Sehunnie?”  I asked, a little concerned.

  “No, I’m fine.”  His voice was just as blank as his face.  What had caused him to change so much?  Did I do something wrong?

  “You don’t look fine.”

  He sighed, “Its too crowed and squished in here, and I don’t really like it.”

  “Would staying with me make you feel any better?”  I didn’t want him to be uncomfortable.  I wanted that smiling, happy boy back.

  “It might, yes.”

  “Then lets go look around together and try to find some of the others.”

  Both of us nodding, we began to make our way through the crowds of people looking around the market.  It was pretty obvious that Sehun didn’t like it much when other people brushed against him or bumped into him, so to try and calm him down a little, I gently held onto his hand.  He relaxed slightly when I kept the contact between us, so I didn’t let go.

  We found some of the others and they were just content to keep exploring the different stalls, and I was fine with that.  But, we had already seen everything down this one isle so I mentioned there was more than this one and that had them following me instantly to the next one to look at the other things this market had to offer.

  It was well into lunchtime by the time we made it to the center of the market that had many food stalls set up.  “Let’s take a break and get something to eat.”  I said as I walked over to a ddukbokkie stand and got some for all of us.  Finding an empty spot to sit, we all ate our food.

  “So, how are to liking this place so far?”  I asked when I was finished eating.

  “There’s so many places to look at, and so many different things that I’ve never seen before.”  Chanyeol said in awe.

  “There are shops for everything!”  Chen replied with glee, waving his arms about.

  “Do they have this all the time?”  Suho asked as he looked around the plaza in wonder.

  I chuckled, “No, this is only on at a certain time of the year.  I actually forgot this was happening until Chen pointed it out.  But I’m glad you are all having fun.  We still have another half to go, let me know if you find something you really want.”

  “Are you sure?  We don’t need to get anything.”  Luhan answered quickly.

  “I want to, if you find something you really like, let me know.  Please.”  I answered back.

  “We will find a way to repay you if so, Sky.”  D.O said quietly.

  I wasn’t going to fight with him on this.  I knew he didn’t want me to suffer in any way, but this really didn’t matter much to me.

  Once we were all done we cleaned up and got ready to go.  I wasn’t really in the mood to walk around much any more, but I wanted them to have the time to look around.

  Pulling fifty dollars out I handed it over to Suho.  “I’m going to wait here for a little before I go.  Can you keep track of everyone?”

  “Do you want one of us to stay with you?”  He asked back

  “No, go on ahead.  I’ll catch up in a little while.  Meet me here in an hour though, all right?”

  “I understand.”

  I waved to the boys as they mad

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter