139*

Red Skys and Royal Cards
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

  No matter how many times I watched Warriors fight, I was always left in awe.  The skill in which they fought, the precision of their attacks and use of their Specialties was all spectacular. 

  I found the flow wasn’t as good as it could be because of the way the Dealers were issuing their orders.  It didn’t help that half the time they were shouting them out so their opponent could hear.  While it worked and the obvious skill and training was there for the Dealers, it wasn’t as efficient as it could be.  It was differnt from how I did things, and i think  my way is more efficient and better.

  I could hear the few times where they had coded attacks but would throw in more commands as they observed the way their opponents reacted.  It had the Warriors doing one thing, then forced to change what they were doing, sometimes mid-motion, to do what their Dealer commanded of them.

  A fire Deck against and earth Deck.  It was well matched and a tough fight.  Half the fight was the use of Specialties the other was pure physical combat, most of the time it was a mix of the two of them that made this so deadly.

  The fire attacks were rather interesting to watch.  Closing my eyes I focused on my internal flame; I let it fill me before I opened my eyes, allowing me to see the movements of the fire and individual summoning and change in the single of the flames.

  I continued to watch as the flames wrapped around the fists of the Warriors engaged in physical combat, how every time they landed a blow on the opposing Warrior's flesh it would leave a burn behind.  The earth Warriors would counter by wrapping vines around the Warriors but those would only be burned to ash with a burst a fire.

  I was curious about one Warrior that hung back closer to his Dealer.  He didn’t move, didn’t fight.  He stood there with his face to the ground, although he wasn’t doing nothing.

  His flame, the one he drew power from and used to create fire from the elements around him as growing hotter and hotter by the second.  I was able to see the fire away beneath his skin as if was living inside of him.

  His Dealer would glance at him from time to time during the fight, which didn’t seem to be ending soon.  He would look up towards us as well, scanned the platform before putting his focus back on the fight, looking at his Warrior than back towards us.  It was strange.

  I began to observe the Warrior he had towards the side more closely.  I watched the fire slither under his skin, watched as it slunk through his black hair, always moving and changing.  The heat waves began to become more and more visible around his body.

  I wasn’t getting a very good feeling from this, something was amiss and I couldn’t shake it off.  I know interfering with a fight is against the rules and I will probably get into massive trouble for this, but I have to know.

  Focusing on the Warrior’s face I flicked my left index and middle finger causing the Warrior’s head to snap up and look directly at us in the stands.  Bright yellow eyes stared at us, orange and red flames would cross his eyes.

  “Chanyeol.”  I hissed.  “That’s not normal, right?”

  Looking over at me, Chanyeol looked curious.  I pointed out towards that Warrior I still had looking up at me involuntarily.  “.”  Chanyeol cursed.  Looking over at me in panic.  “He’s going nuclear”

  “What does that mean?”  I didn’t like the way that sounded or the way Chanyeol was acting now that he noticed.

  Chanyeol was shaking where he was sitting, “If he releases that he’ll kill everyone in this park, heck even a few blocks out as well.  Not to mention he’s self destructing, he’s going to kill himself along with everyone here save for the Warriors and Cards.”

  I spun to Himchan and grabbed his arm, startling Tao in the process as I quickly moved around on him.  “Call the match, Himchan.  Call it and get everyone away from here.”

  He looked over at me and shook his head.  “I can’t do that, it’s not over yet.  No one can call it until it’s over, that’s how these work.  Sorry, Sky.”

  “Yongguk.”  I begged.

  “A winner has to be found for it to end.”

  “Damn it.”  I hissed.  I left Tao and went over to crouch behind Chanyeol, speaking to him in his ear as he continued to watch the Warrior in panic.  “What the hell do we do, they won’t call the match.”

  “Get Kai to get you away from here.”  Chanyeol shakily said.  Voice broken from the emotions running through him.  “Somewhere off the Campus, just get away.”

  “I can’t.”  I breathed.  “What about you and the rest, I can’t leave you.”

  “Nothing it going to happen to us.  We are bound to our Cards, we can only be injured or drained of energy, we cannot die from a blast like that.  No Card will he harmed since the Dealer it belongs to did not willingly do anything to them.”  Chanyeol breathed.  “You on the other hand will die if caught in the blast.  So please, leave.”

  I sighed once again and wrapped my arms around his shoulders.  “I can’t, Channie.  I can’t leave all the other Dealers here to die; I can’t abandon them.  There has to be a way to stop it.”

  “You can’t stop it.”  Chanyeol chocked out.

  Well, .  I have to find a way to either stop it or get everyone away from the blast zone.  With every second that passed the eyes of the Warrior became a brighter and brighter yellow, the flames in his skin became more apparent and visible.

  There had to be close to a hundred students sitting in the stands watching the match.  Not to mention the instructors spread out amongst the crowd and the six Royals sitting up here with me.  My cousins were here and they didn’t seem to plan on leaving any time soon.

  “Get out of here, Sky.  Before it’s too late.” Chanyeol pressed as he pulled my arms off from around him.  “Go.”

  “There has to be something we can do.”  I pressed back and I hugged him tighter.  “Is there a way to redirect the blast?  Contain it and force it to get where we want it to go?”

  Chanyeol let out a dry laugh.  “We’d need a whole hell of a lot of power to do that.  I may be strong but even I can’t contain a blast like that, you’d just get yourself killed if you tried to use that much power to even begin to do something.”

  I bit my lip in contemplation as I went back to observing the Warrior.  I had released my hold on him so he was back to watching the ground to keep his face hidden.  If Chanyeol and I could find a way to redirect the blast then no one would die, everyone would be safe.

  Letting Chanyeol got I stood up and walked around Sehun.  He grabbed my pant leg and gave me a questioning look.  I shook him off with a thin smile as I made my way behind Himchan.  I got a look at his Cards once and I noticed he had a fire Deck.  If I could get him to let me borrow his Warriors, we might have enough strength to divert the explosion upwards so it does not harm anyone.  Getting Himchan to agree is going to be the hard part though, he’s already refused to stop the match when he clearly could tell something was wrong from the way I spoke with him.  I don’t see him willingly agreeing to offer his Warriors to help me disrupt the match.

  But if I don’t get him to help me, many people could get hurt or die.  No matter what, I had to get him to help, whatever I had to do to get him to agree was fair game at the moment.  One injured soul is better than a hundred dead.

  Coming up behind him I draped my arms over his shoulders, my lips in line with his ear.  “Call the match, Himchan.”  I breathed.

  Himchan shuddered but shook his head.   “I already told you I can’t, Sky.  Go sit down and watch.”

  Tisking I brought my right arm up and held it against his throat, my left still draping down his chest.  I looked like I was innocently hugging him as I spoke to him kindly to anyone that glanced over at us.

  “I don’t want to hurt you, Himchan.  It would be such a shame, but you see, right now I’m in a bit of a situation and I need your help.”  I whispered to him, lips brushing his ear in the process.  “If you won’t call the match, then I’m going to need your help.  Well, I actually need the help of your Warriors.”

  He reached up and grabbed my arm, trying to pull it away from his throat.  “No, Himchan, you aren’t going anywhere.”  I hissed.  “If you don’ help me by giving me your Warriors for a few minutes then everyone here is doing to die.”  I sent to him telepathically.

  His body went still and his hands dropped to the arms of the chair.  “Can you hear me?”  Came his soft spoken and shocked voice through the air.

  “I can, but that is beside the point right now.”  I growled.  “There’s a Warrior on the field right now about to explode like a ing nuclear bomb and kill everyone around here.  I need your Warriors to try and stop it.”

  “You’d be breaking rules, ones that not even Yongguk and I can get you out of.”  He chocked past my tight hold on his throat.

  “And you’d be willing to kill everyone here because of a ing rule!”  I shouted in his mind.  Flinching back at the volume he whined in pain.  “I’m asking once more Himchan, give me your Warriors so no one dies because if they do all their lives are on your conscience.”  I tightened my arm around his throat.  “Don’t make me resort to force because I’m damn close to doing so.”

 “Release me and I give you my word I’ll help.  Whatever trouble we get into, you have to get us out of.”  He groaned.

  “Deal.”  I purred and dropped my right arm to rest on his chest.  “Summon them.”

  He pulled his Cards out and Summoned the twelve Warriors.  All of them had black hair and wore red crew neck shirt and black shorts; the only way to tell them apart was their facial features and hairstyle.

  “Have them follow my instructions, I need to make sure they listen and do what I need so no one gets hurt.”  I told him.

  Himchan sighed, gritting his teeth before he spoke softly to his Warriors.  “Follow her instructions, do as she wants.”

  “Master?”  One of them asked as if in clarification and bewilderment. 

  “Don’t ask questions, just do what she wants.”  Himchan snapped.

  “Thanks, Himchan.”  I kissed his cheek and pulled away and motioned for the stoic Warriors to follow me.  I motioned them to wait behind everyone sitting who kept their attention of the fight below.

  Walking up behind Chanyeol once again, I crouched down and whispered in his ear, “Is that enough power?”  I questioned and tilted his head to see the twelve Warriors watching us.

  “I thought you left, Sky.”  He hissed before sighing heavily.  “If they follow what I tell them and with a little luck it should be enough.  Now will you please leave?”

  “No, I’m helping.  It’s going to work Chanyeol.”  I supplied and led him back.  “I can handle myself and I can be of help, plus they currently are listening to me so it might be best I stay so they actually help.”

  Once Chanyeol and I reached the Warriors I turned to Chanyeol, “So what do we have to do?”

  Nodding a small greeting to the Warriors, Chanyeol rubbed the back of his neck and shut his eyes.  “In essence what we have to do is create a barrier around the Warrior, one strong and tight enough to not allow the blast to expand outwards.  Layers and layers of fire have to wrap around and encase him, twisting together and reaching as high into the sky as possible”

  Chanyeol scanned the twelve Warriors before us, “How well can the lot of you control your flames?”

  They glanced between one another before watching me. 

  I sighed, “Answer the questions posed to you, be it from me or my Warrior.  If you have a question,

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter