Chapter XXII

Miscalculation

Summer would be ending too soon. Kyungsoo had fallen in love with summer. Or at least, he thought it was summer he’d fallen in love with. Jongin was definitely a contributing factor as to why Kyungsoo was enjoying the break so much. He was even a bit tanned – though not nearly as much as Jongin was – which had to be a first for him. Kyungsoo had never been so not alone, had never had so much fun in the summer, had never been so busy. Jongin always had something for them to do – going to the beach in Naksan, going to Caribbean Bay (which Kyungsoo had gone to with Sehun before, but he wouldn’t tell his best friend he had more fun this time around), and just wandering around Seoul late at night (which Kyungsoo’s mother really wasn’t pleased about, but that didn’t stop them) or staying at home (Jongin did have a pool, after all). He’d only read two books all summer, and there was only a week left until school started. He could be reading something right now, but instead he was lying comfortably in his bed beside Jongin, the younger pressing kisses to his jaw gently as Kyungsoo hummed.

Kyungsoo wasn’t fully attentive to what Jongin was doing, his eyes closed as he enjoyed the pleasant softness of Jongin’s lips on his skin. He hardly registered the slow, downward path Jongin was tracing – along his neck, where Kyungsoo sighed, across his collar bone, and then Jongin placed a hand on the other side of Kyungsoo to prop himself up so their bodies weren’t touching, and Kyungsoo was aware of his tentativeness, dragging Jongin on top of himself and making the younger chuckle. Kyungsoo had finally gotten past the shuddering fear when Jongin was on him like this, which was nice. But he shivered as his skin was exposed, Jongin’s hands raking up his shirt, pulling it up so he could continue to kiss along his body – down the center of his chest, along to his belly button, where he placed a kiss and made Kyungsoo squirm slightly, and then to the sensitive area below his belly button that made Kyungsoo bite his lip at the sensation of Jongin’s mouth being there. When Jongin reached the line of his pajama pants, he nibbled on the fabric teasingly, nose brushing softly on Kyungsoo’s skin. His hands had slid down to Kyungsoo’s hips at this point, holding them firmly, Kyungsoo’s hands over top of Jongin’s. Kyungsoo pressed his thumb into the other’s skin, forcing Jongin’s eyes to glance up at Kyungsoo through his lashes, before tilting his face to get a better view of the older boy. He made a soft noise to show his alertness.

He knew he’d been making Jongin wait for ages now, months. Jongin had told him he’d stopped seeing other people, stopped hooking up since he’d started hanging out with Kyungsoo, and that had been almost a year ago. Kyungsoo knew if he hadn’t been , he would have lost his ity this summer to Kim Jongin, because he’d been thinking about it a lot lately, and if he didn’t have the fear, the memories of that night, nothing would be holding him back from Jongin. That wasn’t the case however, so they weren’t making it very far past some pretty passionate make-out times, and a couple s from Kyungsoo. He really enjoyed pleasuring Jongin like that. But Jongin had hardly been able to touch Kyungsoo without freaking him out, and both of them felt guilty for it.

Tonight though, Kyungsoo was feeling good. He was relaxed, he wasn’t reliving bad memories; he was just enjoying the night with Jongin right now. He wasn’t thinking, he was just liking what Jongin was doing – really liking it, and not wanting him to stop. And now that he had, Kyungsoo knew he had to decide what happened next.

He squeezed on Jongin’s hand again. “Are you gonna keep going?” he breathed.

“Did you want me to?” Jongin replied gently.

“Yes,” Kyungsoo whispered, and he dropped his head back on his pillow. “Please.”

Jongin pulled himself up to kiss Kyungsoo’s mouth and whisper, “I won’t hurt you, I promise.” Kyungsoo opened his eyes, nodding at the sincerity he saw reflected in Jongin’s.

“I know.”

Slowly, Jongin descended again. “Are you sure?” he asked, fingers trailing over the pajama hem. Kyungsoo gave another nod, allowing Jongin to undress him. Allowing Jongin to touch him, to kiss him, to let his mouth travel. To make Kyungsoo whimper and moan, fingers curling into Jongin’s hair and one hand holding tightly onto Jongin’s free one; to beg – but not for Jongin to stop; to continue. Faster. Harder. Just like that. Oh gosh, Kim Jongin knew what he was doing. This was good, this was so good.

“Jongin! Jongin-ah!” His hand pulled out of Jongin’s so he could clamp it over his mouth, because he was getting loud and he didn’t want his parents to come in right now. He bit down on his finger, and a moment later, he was seeing stars, limbs flaccid as he melted into the bed. Jongin gradually pulled away from him, only to appear beside him again, kissing his cheek with wet lips. He whispered something in Kyungsoo’s ear, but Kyungsoo didn’t process it until after Jongin had left the room and come back. I’ll be back in a moment.

“Where did you go?” Kyungsoo asked dazedly as Jongin slipped into the bed beside him, pulling Kyungsoo’s clothing back to cover him and then wrapping them in Kyungsoo’s sheets.

When Jongin kissed him again, Kyungsoo tasted mint on his breath. “To wash out my mouth,” Jongin explained. Kyungsoo twined their fingers again.

“Thank you,” he mumbled. Jongin laughed.

“You’re thanking me?” he teased. “That’s usually not how it works.” Kyungsoo pulled him in tightly, saying that that wasn’t what he was thanking him for, and Jongin softened. “What are you thanking me for, then?”

“Thank you… for not hurting me.” Then he hid his face in Jongin’s shoulder, kissing him there once. Jongin’s arms rubbed soothingly on his back.

“Oh, Kyungsoo,” he sighed. “I said I wouldn’t. I mean it, always.”

I know. And he realized that he did know. That he could trust Jongin. That he was safe there in his arms. That Jongin wouldn’t let him down. That he would wait for Kyungsoo; that he cared about him, far more than Kyungsoo really deserved. And that Kyungsoo was happy. He had never felt this good around anyone or for any reason. He’d never been this alive. And that was amazing, because he had every reason to be depressed – and there still was depression, lying in his bones – but here he was, feeling like things really weren’t so bad; in fact, they didn’t seem bad at all. Maybe it was the excess of endorphins still coursing through his veins, but he felt like he finally had something good in his life, a really good reason to live. He knew.

He was falling in love.

And he wanted Jongin to know.

He reached up to put his lips to Jongin’s ear, and whispered, “I love you,” for the first time. Jongin froze, then slowly looked up at Kyungsoo, eyes wide.

“Do you mean that?”

“Yes,” Kyungsoo said, and he smiled a truly genuine smile. “I really think I do.”

Jongin laughed, seeming a bit stunned. “I love you too,” he said, pulling Kyungsoo down to kiss him. “Only you. And, I dunno, my parents, and sometimes my sisters. But I don’t love them like I love you.”

Kyungsoo rolled his eyes, smiling. Way to kill the moment, Jongin. “That’s good to know.”

“Mhm,” Jongin grinned. “But really. I don’t love anyone else but you. There’s only you. I promise.”

“I believe you,” Kyungsoo said quietly. But he was happy to hear it.

“Kyungsoo…”

“Yeah?”

“I… I want you to know that – that I won’t – that I don’t want to be with anyone else,” Jongin said, blushing slightly as he met Kyungsoo’s eyes. “I want to be loyal to you. But…”

Kyungsoo’s heart plummeted. But? But what?

Jongin was dreaming, and it was about Kyungsoo. He dreamt about him a lot, and he’d had this dream before. Actually, he’d had it more than once, and it was more of a nightmare. It was such a simple dream that Jongin really couldn’t understand how it was so scary. It was just Kyungsoo, sitting there, talking to him. Except, he wasn’t really talking, he was just saying the same thing, over and over. I love you. But Jongin couldn’t hear him. That’s what made it scary.

After Kyungsoo had admitted that he’d been playing Jongin for a long time, it had started to make sense. As if somehow, his subconscious had known Kyungsoo was lying to him. That’s why Jongin couldn’t hear Kyungsoo saying it – because it wasn’t true.

Now, he was having that dream again, except that for once it was different. He could hear Kyungsoo’s words. An echo of the real Kyungsoo’s words, whispered in his ear before he’d fallen asleep.

I love you.

Kyungsoo had told him he loved him. He couldn’t believe it. Given, Jongin had just gone down on him and Kyungsoo was likely high on his hormones, but still. Jongin was going to take joy in the fact that Kyungsoo had said it – he’d said it without any prompt from Jongin or anything. He wasn’t sure he hadn’t been dreaming then. But, by that point… Everything sort of seemed surreal. He had just given Kyungsoo a for goodness sake. Still… His heart fluttered.

But then Kyungsoo’s words stopped lining up with his mouth’s movements, and it was really confusing. Kyungsoo was suddenly yelling – what? What was happening? Why was he yelling – and about Sehun? Or rather, at Sehun.

“What the hell are you doing?!”

Jongin jerked out of his sleep, eyes flying open, taking in a lot at once. Kyungsoo was sitting up beside him, and though it was hard to tell from this angle, it was clear he was annoyed at something. At the end of the bed, Oh Sehun was standing there with a smirk on his face, cell phone in hand.

“I guess I shouldn’t be surprised that he’s here,” Sehun said. “Morning, Jongin.”

“Why are you taking pictures of us?”

“I’m not.”

“Sehun!”

“Why was I, you mean?” Sehun took a step back as Kyungsoo jerked forward menacingly. Jongin grabbed his wrist, holding him back while still trying to figure out what was going on. “Because, hyung, you have a double bed, more than enough room for two people, and I walk in and you two are all but on top of each other like there’s no space. I had to capture the moment, so I can laugh at you later.”

“I hate you,” Kyungsoo said, frustrated. “Why are you even here?”

“I’m your best friend.”

“You’re my worst friend.”

“I’m your only friend.”

“Oh yes, and I just found Jongin on the street and asked him to spend the night with me. Or, you know, the whole summer.”

“Well, if I’m your worst friend, that’s your own fault then,” Sehun argued. “Because you’re spending all your time with Jongin and not me.”

“That’s ‘cause he makes plans with me, Oh Sehun! He doesn’t just waltz in whenever he wants!”

“Guys-“

“I’ve never had to make plans with you before! You’re never busy!”

“Well, that’s what happens when I make new friends.”

“Guys,” Jongin repeated. “Can we not talk about me like I’m not right here? And can someone tell me what’s going on?”

“Oh Sehun is being his typical self, that’s what,” Kyungsoo said grouchily. “And I’m going to the bathroom. You better be gone when I get back,” he added to Sehun as he got up and walked past him.

“I won’t be,” Sehun promised.

“I hate you.”

Jongin stayed there in the bed, Sehun standing awkwardly beside it. It amused Jongin to know that Kyungsoo still acted like himself around Sehun. He was still like that around Jongin sometimes too, but he was starting to be… different around him. (Maybe because, Jongin realized, he loved him? Jongin smiled at the idea.) But with Sehun, he still seemed to be his grumpy self, which Jongin liked. Because grumpy Kyungsoo was really cute.

“I still don’t really know what just happened,” Jongin finally said.

“I don’t know,” Sehun sighed. “I just came here to see if Kyungsoo was doing anything today, and then you two were being all cute and stuff so I took a picture but the sound of my camera on my phone woke him up and then he started yelling at me.”

“Right.”

More awkward silence.

Jongin’s mind trailed to Kyungsoo. He loves me. “Hey Sehun?” Jongin glanced at the door, where Kyungsoo had left a moment ago.

“Huh?”

“Do you think…” Jongin hesitated. “As Kyungsoo’s best friend, you know him really well, right? Do you think he’s – that he would love me?”

Sehun shrugged. “I think he likes you. He never gets close to anyone, so yeah, it’s sort of obvious. But he’ll never tell you. He’s really not one for saying his emotions and stuff.”

“Really?” Jongin bit back a smile.

“Yeah. I mean, I’m his best friend, and he’s never affectionate towards me,” Sehun pouted. “But he’s a jerkface to me all the time. He’s told me he loves me like, I dunno, twice? It doesn’t happen much. Don’t have high expectations.”

“Right,” Jongin nodded. “Actually… he told me, last night, that he loves me.”

Sehun stared at him blankly. “… What?”

“Mhm. He said it. His words. ‘I love you’. To me.”

“How?”

“What?” How what? Lovingly? In Korean? What was Sehun asking here?

“How did you get him to say it? What did you do?”

“You assume I did anything.”

“I feel like you did.”

“I might have…” Jongin blushed. “I didn’t make him say it. But… I might have done something to encourage it.”

“Kim Jongin,” Sehun said coldly, sounding like a very frightening mother. “What did you do to Kyungsoo?”

Jongin dropped his eyes to look at the sheets, unable to meet Sehun’s gaze. “I might have – you know – given him a .”

“You what?!”

“Calm down!” Jongin said quickly, as Sehun jumped up.

“What the hell, Jongin?! Do you realize that he was – well, you know! Gosh, he’s still recovering, you can’t just – do stuff like that!”

“Chill out, he asked me to!”

“Yeah, well he doesn’t know what he wants! He shouldn’t be doing things with people like that – he shouldn’t be ually active until he’s in a stable relationship!”

“He’s in a stable relationship with me!”

“No, Jongin,” Sehun snapped. “You’re just a friend! You’re not a loving, supportive boyfriend or whatever. You’re just a friend he stupidly hangs out with!”

“No,” Jongin said quietly. “I’m not just his friend. I love him, and support him.”

“So do I, and I’m not trying to get in his pants!”

“You’re his friend.”

“His best friend,” Sehun corrected. “You’re the friend here.”

“I’m his boyfriend.”

Oops. He was trying not to tell Sehun about that one.

“What?”

“I’m his boyfriend,” Jongin repeated, too late to turn back now.

The both heard the bathroom door open, footsteps coming down the hall.

Oh boy. This was going to get interesting.

Kyungsoo was pretty sure he could hear Sehun yelling when he left the bathroom, but when he walked into his bedroom, there was only a very tense silence. What the hell happened while he was away?

He stood there for a couple seconds, and then Sehun exploded.

Kyungsoo, he better be lying to me right now because otherwise I might have to kill you!”

“I’m sorry, hyung,” Jongin said nervously. “I might have told him-”

“You’re dating him?!

Damn it, Jongin. They hadn’t discussed this. Telling people. Not even Sehun. And there was a reason for it.

How long has this been a thing? Did you even think about telling me, your best friend, about it? What the hell, Kyungsoo?!”

“Maybe if you didn’t react like this,” Kyungsoo said irritably.

“Don’t you try to blame me!”

“Could you calm down?” Kyungsoo pushed the younger boy to sit on the bed, and then took his place next to Jongin.

“First you let him blow you, now you’re dating him? Anything else I should know? Am I at least going to be the best man at your wedding?”

“We’re not getting married! Ugh!” Kyungsoo buried his face in his hands. “Why did you tell him about everything, Jongin?”

“I didn’t mean to,” Jongin said, sounding guilty. “He has a way of getting things out of you.”

“No, you’re just weak,” Kyungsoo argued. “Sehun, he asked me out last night.”

“Before or after he your ?”

“Oh Sehun, I’m gonna hit you.” Jongin’s hand was rubbing Kyungsoo’s back soothingly. “Why are you being an overbearing mother? I’m older than you, I think I can be ually promiscuous with whoever I want.”

“Let’s talk about last time that happened,” Sehun put in. Then his eyes widened. “Oh my gosh, I didn’t mean to say that. I’m sorry.”

Kyungsoo’s hands balled into fists. Thanks, Sehun.

“Hey, watch your mouth,” Jongin said dangerously.

“I didn’t mean that! I’m sorry!”

“It’s fine, Sehun,” Kyungsoo said quickly. “Drop it. Anyways, just… mind your own business. Seriously. Don’t make me choose between you and him; don’t be that guy.” Kyungsoo looked up at Sehun. “You’re my best friend. Please support what I do. You know I don’t need your permission.”

Sehun nodded slowly. “I know. I… I should go. I should – I’ll just go.” He got up awkwardly. “This is all… Just, think about what you’re doing, okay hyung? Nothing against you or anything, Jongin,” he added. “But… Please don’t make a stupid mistake.”

I’ve already made stupid mistakes before.

Sehun left, and Kyungsoo rubbed his eyes with his palms, feeling stressed.

“I’m sorry, hyung,” Jongin murmured.

Kyungsoo just sighed. Of course this would start out complicated. When did he and Jongin ever have it easy?

How do I word this? Jongin didn’t know how to tell Kyungsoo what he was thinking. How could he explain how much he loved Kyungsoo, and how… ugh. This was hard. He had never done this before.

“I want to be loyal to you,” he was saying. “But…” He saw Kyungsoo’s eyes widen, but couldn’t tell what the boy was thinking. “I mean, the way we are – I can’t – I mean-” He paused, gathering himself, and tried again. “Would you be my boyfriend?”

That was a lot more forward than he was going for. Damn it.

“What?”

“Uh,” Jongin said worriedly. “That came out before I wanted it to. But… I want to date you, so it’s just me and you and we can both be faithful to each other and all that. Nothing really has to change between us or anything. It would just be… nice to officially be, you know, together. So you know how much you mean to me, and that I won’t be with anyone else. Not that I have been. But, I won’t be.”

Kyungsoo stared.

Damn it, damn it, damn it. Freaking. I’ve screwed up.

“You want to be in a committed relationship with me?” Kyungsoo finally asked.

“Um, yeah,” Jongin answered. “Yes, yes, that’s – yes. That’s what I want. I want to be committed to you. Just you. And hopefully, you’ll be committed to just me.”

“I’ve never dated anyone before,” Kyungsoo said slowly. Damn it. Many damn its. “But I’ve also never… well, you’re a first for a lot of things. And I like you.” Jongin’s heart skipped a beat. “And…”

“Hm?” Don’t leave me hanging here!

“I don’t really like the idea of you being with anyone else.”

“Because you’re a jealous hyung?” Jongin expected Kyungsoo’s abuse, and held up his arms in defense. “I’m kidding! But… is that a yes?”

“A yes?”

“Will you go out with me? Will you be my boyfriend?”

Kyungsoo hesitated for a long time, and Jongin was starting to seriously doubt himself by the time he answered. “Okay,” he said slowly. “Yeah, okay, I’ll… yes.”

There was a moment of silence when they both just looked at each other as if expecting something to happen, something to change. But then nothing did, and Jongin couldn’t help but laughing.

“Great,” he grinned as Kyungsoo’s eyes widened in concern. He pushed himself forward to kiss Kyungsoo, for the first time as his boyfriend. “That’s great, hyung.”

He couldn’t stop smiling, even when he fell asleep.

Sehun decided to just walk home from Kyungsoo’s place. It was only a half-an-hour walk, and he didn’t feel like calling his mom to come pick him up when she had just dropped him off. She would start asking questions, and Sehun didn’t want to explain how Kyungsoo had a boyfriend now and was spending all his time with him rather than Sehun.

He couldn’t believe Kyungsoo was dating Jongin. Not that he wasn’t happy for them or whatever, but… really? Most of the time when Kyungsoo talked about Jongin to Sehun, it was complaining about this or that. Sure, there was some fondness in his eyes, but… Sehun didn’t like it. Maybe his opinion was a bit biased.

Since he was already awake at this stupid time, he thought he would just hang out with someone else, but who would even be up right now? He pulled out his phone, scrolling through contacts, cringing as he passed Luhan’s number that he still hadn’t found the heart to delete. He was halfway through his contacts when he noticed the name of someone who he knew, just knew, would be awake.

Hey hyung~ It’s Sehun. Are you up?”

A moment later, his phone buzzed in his hand.

Hi Sehun-ah, I know it’s you ㅋㅋ and yes I am ^^”

Sehun smiled.

Doing anything today?”

Nothing planned. Have something in mind?”

“Kyungsoo ditched me for his boyfriend. Again. Wanna get together?”

“ㅋㅋ Okay ^^”

“You forgot the dimple. Should be ^^,”

ㅋㅋㅋ Cute ^^,”

At least he had some friends who weren’t jerks. With Kyungsoo being so busy with Jongin lately, and Joonmyun working a part-time job this summer, Sehun had been spending more time with Yixing. He liked Yixing. He didn’t talk much, like Kyungsoo, but he listened much better than Sehun’s best friend did. He genuinely seemed interested in Sehun’s stories and basically everything Sehun said, which was a nice change from Kyungsoo who didn’t even pretend to listen to Sehun most the time. Yixing was lots of fun, and was up for anything Sehun suggested, without arguing or anything. So yeah, Yixing was cool. Unlike Kyungsoo. Stupid jerkface.

(Sehun, of course, still loved Kyungsoo. But he enjoyed being around Yixing.)

Yixing asked if he wanted to be picked up at his house, but Sehun explained that he wasn’t at home, telling him to give him a half an hour or so. When he got home, he texted Yixing again, and then they went out for coffee together, and Sehun told him about his morning, showing Yixing the picture of Kyungsoo and Jongin sleeping too close together, explaining how they were dating and everything. The Chinese boy seemed happy for them – he’d explained before that Jongin had told him ages ago that he liked Kyungsoo – but Sehun was still grumpy, and Yixing just laughed and told him to cheer up, be happy for his friend.

“It’s hard to be happy for someone when you’re not happy yourself,” Sehun sighed. He was always complaining about his terrible life. He was surprised Yixing wasn’t sick of him yet.

“Don’t you have any reason to be happy?”

“No.”

Yixing chuckled warmly. “Really? Not one? Not even having a good coffee, for free?”

“That doesn’t count,” Sehun argued, but he smiled a little. “Thanks, by the way. For the coffee.”

Yixing nodded. “Aren’t you happy to have a hyung who hangs out with you when you want to?”

“I guess so. Yeah, yeah I am happy about that. Thanks,” he said again. “You’re a way better hyung than Kyungsoo.”

“Kyungsoo… I know he loves you,” Yixing said. “But I don’t think he appreciates you. Not as much as I do.”

Sehun blushed at the boy’s words. And his cute accent, and his cute, thoughtful smile and his cute dimple. “He’s known me forever. He’s used to me. You stop appreciating things when they’re not shiny and new anymore.”

“You don’t if you’re in love with someone.” Sehun’s warmth spread to his neck at the phrase. In love. Yixing said it like it was made of pure gold. Like it was magical and beautiful and wonderful. Sehun knew it to be otherwise, but just the way it fell from Yixing’s lips made it sound so… endearing.

And he wasn’t wrong.

“I used to feel that way about Luhan,” Sehun sighed. “Sometimes I think I still do. But… I guess I’m moving on. Or at least I’m trying to.”

Yixing smiled angelically. “Good.”

Around four in the afternoon, Sehun was still hanging out with Yixing, when Kyungsoo texted him, telling him to come over; it was urgent. A lot of worries rushed through Sehun’s mind, and Yixing offered to drive Sehun to Kyungsoo’s house, and Sehun was freaking out almost the whole way there. When they arrived, he thanked Yixing and hurried into Kyungsoo’s house, not bothering to knock. They all knew him; he never knocked these days.

“What’s wrong?” Sehun asked immediately as he barged into Kyungsoo’s room. Kyungsoo was sitting on his bed, biting his nails. That was a dead giveaway that something was bad; he was worrying. Kyungsoo hated nail-biting and he never, ever bit his nails unless he was nervous or stressed or upset. Sehun quickly sat down on the bed, tugging Kyungsoo’s hand from his mouth.

“I’m scared, Sehun,” Kyungsoo’s voice cracked.

“Did Jongin do something to you?”

“No. But I’m – I’m afraid this is all wrong,” Kyungsoo whispered. “I’m afraid of losing him, and worse, that I’m trusting him too much. Sehun, I’m giving him too much – he could hurt me so easily…”

“Why would he hurt you?” Sehun asked, confused. “He loves you, doesn’t he? You told me so.”

“But does he? I don’t know. It’s not hard to lie, you know. I lied to him for a long time… Why would he even want to be with me?”

“I dunno,” Sehun shrugged, feeling awkward. He’d never seen Kyungsoo like this. Doubting himself. He knew the boy had sort of low self-esteem, but Sehun knew he still thought he was better than everyone else. And he certainly never cared what people thought of him. Not until Jongin had come along. “What brought all this on? You were being all defensive of him this morning.”

“I thought about it, like you told me to,” Kyungsoo uttered. “Thanks a lot.”

“Sorry,” Sehun returned. “But what’s there to think about? He likes you. If you’re so worried, why don’t you just break it off now, before he does something?”

Kyungsoo scoffed. “Please,” he said weakly, unable to muster any venom. “You mean like you did with Luhan? You knew he liked Minseok the whole time, and you stayed with him. I don’t want to end up that way.”

Sehun winced at Kyungsoo’s words. Gee, thanks hyung. Always so caring and considerate. “Then don’t do what I did. Break up with him if you think he’s going to hurt you. Whatever happens, you’ll make it out okay. You always do.” He wasn’t sure if that was true. It was just what Kyungsoo always said. I’ll be fine. Everything always ends up fine.

“It’s not that easy, Sehun,” Kyungsoo disagreed. Oh, now it’s not easy, but when it’s me, it is. “I’m – I rely on him too much now. But I know what happened to you, and I’m scared it’s going to be like that for me…”

“Well, if it does, you’ll just have to deal with it,” Sehun said, tired of the painful reminders. “If you can’t let him go… Maybe you should just let it play out. I dunno. My advice isn’t that great, hyung.”

Kyungsoo hugged him, resting his forehead on Sehun’s shoulder. “Yeah, but you’re my best friend.”

“Damn right I am,” Sehun agreed, hugging his hyung back. “And whatever happens, I always will be. Even if Jongin turns out to be a douche bag. Which he is, but he’s nice too. And he likes you, really.”

“Yeah,” Kyungsoo said slowly. “But how long before he changes his mind?”

Sehun hated the sincere sadness in his voice.

What has Jongin done to you?

A/n: Happiness! Followed by less happiness! ㅠㅠㅠㅠㅠ Canon! But of course things aren't easy. Mentions of ing :)

You guys are awesome, I never anticipated so many subs :') You should all upvote this though, so I have 500 upvotes! ㅋㅋㅋ And you should all comment so I have 500 comments to go through! ㅋㅋ Maybe not D: (I wouldn't mind. It would just take forever to get through and I would probably quit school and just write full time omg) Anyways, I have lots of homework now so I guess I'll go do that ㅠㅠ