Chapter Fourteen

Wanna Bet? (Finished)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Monday, May 20th

Jessica grabbed a book from a high shelf in the school library. She looked it over as she walked back to the table she sat at. She gasped when a hand covered and she was pulled into an aisle. She tried struggling when she felt a warm pair of lips on her neck.

"Relax. It's me." Ren chuckled. He let go of her after she relaxed. She turned around and glared at him.

"Ren! ! You scared me!" She hissed. She hit him with the book and he flinched, continuing to laugh at her.

"I'm sorry. I just needed to grab your attention." He pulled her closer by her hips and gave her a soft peck on the lips.

"And "hey Jessica" wasn't good enough?"

"You looked deep in thought." She rolled her eyes at him. "How was your weekend?"

"Kind of boring. Just did my homework and read a book."

"You should've gone to the movies with me, Minhyun and Baekho."

"Maybe I would've if I was called." She muttered as she looked at his chest.

"What?"

"Nothing."

"Jess, just tell me."

"I guess, I just hoped you'd call or text. But, you didn't. All weekend." She sighed.

"You know, you could've texted me."

"I know. I just wanted you do it first." Ren smirked.

"I'll make sure to call and text more often then. Although, I might not have to, because I'm planning on spending a lot more time with you." He wrapped his arms around Jessica's waist and kissed her. The kiss grew intimate quickly, until Jessica pulled away.

"I have to get back to Lizzy. We were doing our homework together."

"Alright. Go." Ren grinned at her as he put his hands in his pockets. Jessica bit her lip as she stared at him. She sighed.

"Damn it." She put her hand in his neck and pulled him close again, continuing their heated session. Ren smirked into the kiss before putting his arms back around her waist. Unfortunately, they were soon interrupted.

"Jessica! Did you find the book yet?!" Lizzy yelled. She got shushed by the students around her. Jessica groaned as she pulled away.

"Ugh, I have to go." Ren pouted as she picked the book back up. She dropped it when she kissed him.

"What are you working on?" He asked.

"History. We have to make a paper about a fashion trend, and I chose punk."

"And, a book on Alexander McQueen?"

"I wanted to see how the punk style is still being used today."

"Why don't I come along? I did my paper from that time on punk too. I'm sure I can still find it on my laptop somewhere."

"You can't!" She held her hand on his chest to stop him from following her.

"Why?" She swallowed and looked away. "Jessica?"

"I kind of haven't told her about us yet." She spoke slowly.

"Why not?"

"The girls are still mad about that video."

"So? I'm not dating them!" He hissed.

"Just, they're my friends. Plus, they still say mean things about you."

"Again, I'm not dating them. I'm dating you. And, since when do you care about what those girls think?"

"I think they just don't want me to get hurt."

"Do you honestly think I'm just going to hurt you again?" She stayed quiet and looked down. He sighed.

"Never mind. Just go do your homework." He muttered annoyed. She wanted to say something in the hopes it would make him feel better, but she expected it would only make it worse. She muttered a "bye" and went back to Lizzy.

"Sorry it took so long. It was on a high shelf and I couldn't find a stepping stool." Jessica smiled awkwardly as she sat down. Lizzy and her got back to work. Ren soon passed the table with a book for himself and left the library. Lizzy glared at him as he passed.

"." She muttered.

"Yeah." Jessica sighed sadly as she watched Ren leave.

 

After her last class, Jessica tried to find Ren. Unfortunately he had already left his classroom and was nowhere near his locker. She checked the library and cafeteria as well, but he wasn't to be found. In a desperate attempt, she rushed to the underground parking lot of the school and found his car. She spotted him in the driver's seat, staring at his phone. She sighed in relief and walked over. Ren flinched when she got in on the passenger's side.

"What are you doing here?" He asked.

"I wanted to talk about earlier. You seemed pretty annoyed."

"I was. But, I was actually about to send you an apology text."

"Really?" Ren nodded.

"I figured since I'm on probation right now, I can't exactly get mad over anything regarding us." He looked down and put his phone away.

"You shouldn't be scared to give your opinion, just because you think it's going to break us up."

"You say that now, but just wait until we get into our first fight." He muttered. Jessica sighed.

"You honestly believe I'm that shallow? If that were true, you wouldn't have won that stupid bet." She snapped at him. Ren swallowed hard.

"I knew you'd still be upset about that. Is that the reason you didn't tell your new girlfriends?" He looked at her.

"I didn't tell them about us, because once we get back together in the public eye, people are just going to bother us again. I just don't want to go through that again."

"Jess, come on. They're only interested in our lives until the next scandalous truth comes to the surface. You saw it happen with Lizzy. How many people are talking about her now?"

"Well, can't we just wait for that?" Ren groaned and threw his head back against the headstand.

"I don't feel like waiting for weeks until that happens, Jess." Jessica looked at her lap.

"I apologized, which I hate doing. I truly care about you. I don't care what Mike or Jayden from another class are saying about us. I just want to be with you. I don't get why you care about some es who tried to kill you a couple months ago." Jessica sighed again.

"I'm sorry." She muttered. They sat together silently for a while.

"You're regretting it?" He asked after a while.

"What do you mean?"

"Forgiving me. Getting back together." She looked at him.

"Are you asking if we should break up?"

"I don't know. Maybe it's better? I mean, it's not fair if either of us are suffering because of this relationship." He spoke sadly. Jessica grabbed his hand.

"I don't want you to suffer. Even if I'm still dealing with that whole bet." He gave her an apologetic smile. "I just want to keep it quiet for now."

"Fine. Can we at least meet up after school then?" He held her hand and squeezed it.

"We could hang out now." She smiled nervously and shrugged.

"Well, I'd invite you to my place, but Kahi is there and I'm still mad at her."

"Why?"

"You don't know yet?"

"Know what?"

"She had that kid that attacked you stalk me and post that video."

"What?" Jessica widened her eyes.

"Yeah. She said she did it because she cared about you, but I said that if she did, she would've just send it to you. There was no need to humiliate you publicly like that." Jessica leaned back in the seat, looking straight ahead. "You okay?"

"Is there anyone left I can trust?" She muttered.

"You can trust me. Except for the first two weeks and the I love you. I didn't lie to you once." Ren smiled awkwardly.

"It's not that simple."

"I know. Just trying to comfort you."

"I appreciate that, but it doesn't make me feel better right now."

"Then, what do you want to do? We could go to a coffee shop, I suppose. Or a restaurant with a private room?"

"Or my place?" Ren looked surprised.

"My mom is out with Jamie and Alice is with Aron, so..." She avoided eye contact.

"Sure." He smiled at her.

 

"Jesus Christ! Where did that rain come from?!" Ren exclaim

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter