Chapter Nine

Wanna Bet? (Finished)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

When he came home, Ren went straight to his room and threw his bag across the space. He laid down on his back and heaved a deep sigh before putting his arm over his eyes.

"Sir?" Ren's butler knocked on the door.

"What?" He snapped.

"Miss Morgan has arrived for you." Ren stood up as Jessica entered. His butler soon left and closed the door behind him.

"Hey." He smiled at her. She replied with an awkward smile and stood by the door, quietly, for a while.

"I texted you earlier. But, then I realized I had your phone, so." She spoke softly as she took his phone out of her bag and held it out for him.

"Thanks." He took it and checked his messages immediately. He sat down on the bed.

"So, how do you feel?" She sat next to him at a distance. He smiled at her again.

"I'll be fine. No offense, but Jihoon fights like a girl."

'"If he fought like a girl, your face would be covered in scratches, not a black eye." Ren chuckled at her remark.

"You're right." He leaned in but she turned her head as he was about to press his lips on hers. He frowned. "Are you okay?"

"I'm fine." She looked at her hands as she spoke.

"Tell me, what's going on?"

"It's nothing. It's just stupid."

"Tell me, please." He leaned his forehead against hers, trapping her in-between his arms at the same time.

"It's just, Jihoon seemed pretty convinced that you gave him that photo."

"He's good at lying. We all saw he didn't have anything to show as proof."

"I know. I know. But..."

"But, what?" Ren sighed and sat up straight.

"Girls were texting you. I didn't snoop. I swear, but your phone sometime shows the message as notifications pop up."

"And?"

"Some girls, a lot of girls were sending you... Nudes." Jessica's spoke in almost a whisper. She couldn't look him in the eye.

"What does that have to do with Jihoon?"

"He said you took a photo of me, and those girls keep sending you photos too."

"So, because girls I don't care about sent me nudes, and one guy claims I took a shot of you, you believe there's some truth in that?" Ren let out a perplexed chuckle.

"Told you it was stupid." Jessica muttered. Ren sighed again.

"Jess, babe, I don't have any intention of hurting you. Physically and mentally."

"Can I see your phone?"

"What?" Ren raised his eyebrows at her.

"It's just for my own assessment." Ren sighed annoyed and took out his phone. He threw it into her lap after unlocking it, and laid back down on the bed.

"I thought you trusted me." He muttered.

"I do trust you." She grabbed it and checked his photo gallery, finding mostly photos of his friends or ones they took together.

"You're going through my phone. That doesn't appear as trust to me." Jessica looked down and put the phone down on his nightstand.

"I'm sorry." She mumbled.

"Find anything?" He raised his eyebrows at her. She shook her head. "I told you. Now, leave. I don't need you to witness my father's speech about my suspension later."

"Can I stay?" Jessica asked after a while.

"Why?" Ren frowned at her.

"I'm going to be home alone. I don't like being home alone."

"You're sixteen." She looked away from him. "You get scared at night alone?"

"Not just alone." She muttered. Ren chuckled. He grabbed her arm and pulled her closer, so that she was lying on top of him.

"Of course you can stay. My mother will let you." He smiled at her. She gave a small smile back before he kissed her passionately.

"Ahem." Ren groaned annoyed and looked up at his butler standing in the doorway.

"Your father has requested your presence, young master Choi." Ren sighed before gently pushing Jessica off and heading to his father's office. Jessica was almost falling asleep after a while. She was playing a mobile game, but her eyelids grew heavy, so she set her phone aside for a while. She was about to fall asleep when the door opened again. Ren walked in with a defeated expression on his face and plopped down beside her, face down into his pillow.

"I'm going to jump out the goddamn window." She somehow managed to hear him despite the muffled sound.

"What happened?" Ren sighed audibly and sat up against the headboard.

"First he questioned about what happened. I explained I was just defending myself. Then he gave me a speech about being the bigger person and just walk away. Then, he continued ranting about how all of this could cause scandals, potentially lose clients and it goes on like that. And, then he said I'm not allowed to go to the spring party next week."

"School has a spring party?"

"No, during our annual week off, my parents and I always go to a bungalow park. They have constant events going, like opera, dinner parties, fundraisers. And, the kids usually have a few parties here and there while they're away. The spring party is basically the first one of that week. But, for the first time ever, I'm not allowed to go."

"Any chance it was an April fool’s joke?" Jessica smiled hopefully. Ren chuckled sadly.

"My family doesn't do April fools. We're usually very serious, even when we're joking."

"I'm sorry. Wish I could do something about it." Ren laid his head on Jessica's shoulder.

"You could take my mind off it." He smirked at her.

"What do you mean?" Ren put one of his hands on her knee and slowly slid it upwards, hinting at what he wanted. Jessica cleared . He used his other hand to grab her head and kissed her. Ren straddled her after pulling away and started ing his shirt.

"I-I think I should probably leave." Ren frowned at her. "You know, before your dad sees me, and send me home as an extra punishment, sends me home." Ren pushed her back down when she tried to sit back up.

"Relax, my mom will let you stay." He dove back down to kiss her, shutting her up instantly. She rolled him over at one point, surprising him.

 

 

 

 

 

Friday, April 5th

"No TV, no games, no music, no fictional books, no phone, no internet and especially no going out. Minseok, you're not letting him out of your sight." Ren's father said as he was fixing his tie. Ren was on the couch in their bungalow with his lips pursed.

"Why don't you just narrow it down and say I can't have fun." Ren mumbled.

"No back talk and speak clearly."

"How was that back talk?" His father sent him a warning glare. Ren looked away.

"Relax. Minki and I will have the most boring night ever." Minseok messed up Ren's hair.

"It's going to be difficult to beat your wedding night."

"You managed to do so the night you were born."

"You're like two years older than me."

"Exactly." Their mother shook their head at them.

"We have to leave, honey. Boys, remember what your father said." She winked at the two and dragged the man out if the house. After about an hour, Minseok went to check on Ren and found him nose deep in his chemistry book.

"That looks like fun. Weird the school gave you homework on a week off." Minseok said as he sat on the bed next to Ren.

"It's not homework." Ren replied without looking up.

"You really want to show off how smart you are, huh?" Ren smirked at him. "Well, time for fun."

"Hey, little schoolboy." Ren groaned when Aron and the other three boys walked into his room.

"Great."

"So, you're reading a chemistry book while we get to go get drunk and party~." Aron said in a singing voice.

"How is this fun?" Ren looked at Minseok.

"It's fun for me." Minseok winked.

"Don't worry, sweet, sweet kid. We've got a surprise for you as well." Aron and Jonghyun moved aside, revealing the person behind them. Ren's eyes widened.

"Jessi- Damn." He blinked a few times as he stared at her wearing a tight pink dress.

"We figured her wearing your favourite colour would be appreciated." Dongho smirked.

"I don't think that's his focus." Minhyun joked.

"A few seconds longer and he's drooling." Jonghyun added.

"I think he's already there." Minseok said before he left the room. Ren smiled and pulled jessica closer.

"You look amazing." He gave her a peck on the lips, causing her to blush.

"Jonghyun invited me. I kind of hoped you'd be able to sneak out." She smiled at him.

"If only I could."

"Really? What if we distracted Minseok?"

"Minseok is not dumb enough for that." Ren pouted.

"Well, we're going. We'll have a drink on your behalf." Aron patted him on the shoulder once before leaving.

"It's not going to be as fun without you." Jessica pouted too.

"Drink two on my behalf. And, no flirting with Jonghyun." He grabbed her chin and the two shared a kiss.

"Minki! Dad didn't say it, but I'm sure you're not allowed to make out either!" Minseok yelled from downstairs. The four boys chuckled, knowing Ren was scowling as Jessica walked out.

"Your drive is insane." Minseok said after letting them out and leaning on Ren's doorframe. Ren grabbed a pillow and threw it at him.

 

"Can you just smile a little? Ren may not be here, but this is like the biggest party of the year!" Minhyun nudged Jessica. She quietly sipped her drink.

"How many drinks is it going to take for you to smile?" Aron asked.

"I'll probably black out and pass out before I smile." She joked. She heard some cheering and turned her head towards it. She saw a girl with tight, short black dress holding an empty bottle above her head.

"Guess Minhee won the drinking competition again." Jonghyun chuckled.

"Yeah. I wonder who's going to be her next victim." Baekho chuckled too.

"Victim?" Jessica frowned.

"Yeah. Every year she wins and celebrates with the most handsome guy she can find. Few years ago it was Ren." The other three boys widened their eyes and looked at Minhyun.

"He's actually kind of a legend. As far as we know he's the only she's ever been with." He continued, not noticing the other boys' commands to shut up.

"What?" Jessica tightened her fist around the plastic cup.

"Yeah, it's surprising cause they never even dated and she's like three years older than him." Baekho hit him on the head and glared at him. Jessica got up and went to get another drink.

"What?" Minhyun frowned when he saw his friends glare at him. Jessica was pouring herself another drink when someone bumped into her.

"Oh my god, I'm so sorry." She turned around to see who it was, and found the girl with the bottle earlier. "Wait a minute. You're new."

"Yeah, I guess." The girl gasped.

"Oh my god! Are you the chosen one?" She slurred on.

"Chosen one?" She chuckled.

"Sorry. It's what we named you. You're the only girl who's been able to snatch the world's most eligible bachelor."

"You mean... Ren?"

"Well, duh. Who else? I'm Minhee." She extended her hand.

"Jessica." Jessica looked down

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter