Chapter Five

Wanna Bet? (Finished)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"I don't need a new dress. I can wear one of my sister's." Jessica said as Ren dragged her into the third store that day. He bought her a bunch of clothes and shoes already, but wanted her to wear something else for the night.

"You're going to hang out with nine of the smartest, most sophisticated teenagers in the world right now. You think a cheap, cotton and polyester based dress is going to receive the right responses?" He raised an eyebrow at her.

"Well, uhm. You already bought me all of this. I'll wear an outfit from that."

"These won't match my outfit. The dress we'll be buying here, will." Jessica looked down to think, not sure how to fight his logic. He smiled in triumph and dragged her towards the dresses. She sighed in defeat. He shoved a few dresses in her arms and told her to go to the dressing rooms. He bought her all five that she tried on and then dragged her back to his place.

"Holy ." She said loudly as they reached a large gate. Ren chuckled at her.

"Before you ask, it's my place, not a gated community." Jessica's eyes widened even more. "My father is a party planner for celebs and other rich people. My mother is in real estate, also for rich people. They both travel a lot."

"S-So, they won't be home?"

"They're usually traveling. They come home from time to time for a couple weeks."

"Sounds lonely."

"You get used to it. I still spend plenty of time with them." He smiled at her as he parked the car. Several men came to them as they got out and Ren gave his keys to one. The other two took out the shopping bags as Ren took Jessica's hand and lead her inside.

"Welcome home, young master. Can I get you or your companion a refreshment of any kind?" An older gentleman asked.

"I'll take a glass of water. Jessica?"

"Uhm." Jessica was still looking around the mansion. She was absolutely mesmerized by the size of the place and how clean it was.

"She'll take a glass of lemonade. We'll have them in my bedroom." Ren said before pulling her along.

"This place is like a museum!" Jessica exclaimed when they reached his room. She was marvelled by the doors.

"Never thought about it like that." He led her into his room and closed the door after a few servants brought the shopping bags. As Jessica complimented him about the room and some of the objects, someone knocked on his door. It was his butler with their drinks. Jessica admired the yard from his balcony window as Ren's butler put the drinks on the bedside table.

"Anything else, young master?" His butler asked.

"Make sure my car is ready by nine. We'll be going out." He answered as he took off his watch.

"Alright, sir."

"And let the chef make some tasty snacks for me and friends for tonight." He added.

"Yes, sir." His butler bowed and left the room, closing the door behind him.

"Are you alright?" Jessica sat next to him at the foot of the bed.

"Of course. Why do you ask?" He smiled at her.

"I don't know. You seem, annoyed or something."

"It's nothing." He started unpacking some of the bags for his own clothes.

"You don't have to tell me, if you don't want to. But, especially as your girlfriend, you can tell me anything." She mutter the word "girlfriend", feeling a bit embarrassed to say it out loud. He smirked at her. He leaned in and kissed her, soon turning into a passionate moment. Ren laid down on his back on the bed, his head just over the edge, with Jessica on top of him, keeping her hands shyly on his collarbones, hoping she wasn't too heavy. They got interrupted by Ren's phone going off just as Ren started to her uniform. He released a sigh of exasperation as he rolled her off and got his phone from the nightstand.

"Hey, Minhyun. Yeah, I know where that is. I arranged to bring snacks." Jessica listened to the conversation and took her tie off, getting annoyed by the feeling.

"I guess you should bring some non-alcoholic too. Yeah, we'll be there around nine thirty. Bye." He hung up and threw the phone on the bed before laying back down. He turned to Jessica and pulled her close. He continued the kiss and soon got top her, straddling her. She pulled his hands away when he continued to her shirt. She pulled away.

"I-I still don't..." Ren sighed and got off of her.

"Right." He his lips and got off the bed to gather his outfit for the night. "I'll just go take a shower. Be right back." He said and walked into the adjoining bathroom. He returned a few seconds later to grab his phone and gave her a kiss.

"Wear the purple dress with the black heels." He said to her before heading back and locking the door. She heard music after a few seconds and the shower running. She looked around awkwardly for a while, feeling a bit uncomfortable, and then dove into the shopping bags for the dress and shoes. She stood in front of the vanity desk and looked at herself. The dress was layered and despite the rectangular shape of the dress, it still showed her curves. The music stopped and Ren walked out of the bathroom. She heard him blow-dry his hair before coming out and for a moment she was mesmerized by how he looked. He wore a blue striped blazer from Vivienne Westwood and black jeans. He wore a white V-neck underneath and sat on the bed to put on his shoes. Jessica noticed the dark brown leather, decorated with the trademark Louis Vuitton pattern. Ren looked up when he finished and smiled gently at her.

"You look very pretty." She blushed.

"Really?" She looked down.

"Yes. But, we'll just take out the headband. And, maybe add a little dark brown eyeliner." He said after he walked closer. He took out the headband she wore at school all day and grabbed a pencil from his vanity desk. He held it out to her.

"I don't really know, how to do that." She embarrassedly admitted. Ren smirked at her and told her to tilt her head back and close her eyes. After barely a minute, he said he was done.

"Holy crap. You're great at this." She said when she saw herself in the mirror.

"Practice, sweetheart. Perhaps a little mascara too. Now you just look very tired."

"Well, we did have a long week." She retorted. Ren smiled and applied the mascara for her as well. When he was done, he took a few steps back and walked around her to judge her look. He turned to his vanity desk again and grabbed some items out of a drawer. He went behind her and put a silver necklace on her, before grabbed her wrist and put bracelets on both arms. He also put a pretty, feminine, silver watch on her left wrist and added a few silver rings.

"These were too small for my mother and my sister. You have such small and delicate hands." He embraced her from behind. "Now, you look perfect." He kissed her neck softly. She smiled and looked at herself in the mirror again.

"You're right. This dress is perfect for matching yours." She smiled at him through the mirror.

 

"So, why are you two together?" The girl on Aron's lap asked Jessica and Ren. "Well, of course, we can see why you like Ren. But, why are you into Jessica?" She interjected before Jessica could say anything. Jessica looked at Ren expectantly.

"She has a character I like, I suppose. And, she's beautiful. And, she intrigues me." He said with a smirk while looking at her. She blushed.

"That's sweet. I guess." The redhead, Rose, commented.

"Cool place, Minhyun. Too bad your dad is going to turn it into an apartment building." Baekho's girl said.

"That's what you get with a mother in real estate and a father in construction." Minhyun replied. "So what do your parents do?"

"Our dads are musicians. Used to be in a band together. So, we grew up together." Rose answered.

"My parents own an electronics company. Pretty cool, get all the new stuff before anyone else." Baekho continued.

"A father who is a luxurious party planner is even better. Free booze and food all the time." Ren followed.

"I got one better for you. A father who owns a club. Not only free booze and food, I also get the most beautiful women."

"Guess you're the last one, Jonghyun. You have anything to beat it?" His girl asked.

"Nah. My parents were pretty big movie stars back in the day. Now they just travel a lot and volunteer in third world countries."

"Sure, make us look bad in front of these girls." Baekho joked.

"How about you, Jess. What do your parents do?" Rose asked her. She hesitated for a moment. Ren gave her a curious look.

"Well. My dad hasn't been part of my life for a while. And, my mom works in a hospital, takes care of the older patients." She spoke softly.

"This is boring. Let's play a drinking game." Aron's girl said. Jessica looked down and took a sip of her drink.

"Jessica doesn't drink alcohol." Ren said, rubbing her back when he noticed her expression.

"Boring." The girl said again.

"I can do one drink, maybe." She smiled at him.

"You sure?" She nodded.

"I'll make one." Aron pushed his girl off for a moment and handed Jessica a pink drink.

"This is sweet. You sure there's alcohol in there?" She asked after taking a sip.

"He usually makes this for me. Trust me, there's alcohol." Ren said as Aron sat back down with the girl.

"So what game do we play?" Jonghyun asked.

"How about truth or dare?" Rose suggested. The guys nodded. "I'll start. Truth."

"First boy you kissed?"

"Joey in kindergarten." Everyone chuckled at her. They continued for a while until someone got to Jessica.

"I'm sorry. I don't really get it." The other girls sighed annoyed.

"You choose truth or dare, if you don't want to answer the question or do the dare, you chug a drink." Ren explained.

"Chug?"

"You're on a scholarship, right?" Ren joked.

"Okay. Uhm, truth."

"Who else, besides Ren, do you think is the hottest in school?"

"Uhm." She looked at Ren.

"Don't worry, babe. I can handle it."

"Jonghyun." She said quietly. Ren choked on his drink.

"Wait, what?"

"Thank you." Jonghyun winked at her. She blushed. Ren glared at him.

"Good job, Jess. You ruined a friendship." Rose joked. Jessica looked down again.

"This is boring too." Aron's girl complained.

"I know something you'll enjoy." Aron said and stood up. He took the girl's hand and they soon disappeared from sight.

"Come on. I also know something that's a lot more fun." Rose said and dragged Minhyun off to somewhere. Soon the other two girls did the same, and Ren and Jessica were left alone. She was now seated on the couch with her back leaning against the armrest, and her legs draped over Ren's.

"You okay?" He asked after a while of just the Spotify playlist playing in the room. She gave him a curious look. "I noticed you looked kind of sad earlier. Why?"

"It's nothing." She smiled at him. "So, are we still playing truth or dare?"

"Jess, you can be honest with me."

"I'll pick dare." Ren sighed annoyed.

"Fine. I dare you to tell me why you were sad." Jessica looked down.

"It's stupid." She sighed.

"Just tell me. It's not like we're going to do anything my friends are doing."

"Fine. I basically say I don't have a father, and all these girls can say is that I'm boring." She set down her glass after finishing it and started playing with her hands.

"Those girls were just here to party and get some juicy details for their Instagram stories. Wouldn't be surprised if they were going down on my friends right and were filming it."

"Going down is , right?"

"You really, haven't had a boyfriend or whatever, right?" She nodded in response. Ren chuckled in disbelief.

"Look, what those girls think, doesn't matter. They're not your friends, nor will they ever be." She looked down again. Ren sighed.

"If it matters, I don't think you're boring."

"Really?" She smiled relieved at him. He nodded.

"Well, yeah. Kind of curious why your father's not in your life. And, I think it's pretty cool your mother takes care of people."

"Kind of, prefer not to talk about him. It's just a long, emotional story."

"That's fine. Truth." He took a sip from his drink and she frowned at him. "Truth or dare."

"Oh! Uhm. Okay! Are you really okay, with me wanting to wait?" She asked timidly, not looking at him.

"Of course. Why do you ask?"

"Well, it's just, earlier you seemed pretty annoyed, when I stopped you. Maybe even angry." She muttered.

"Right. Look, am I happy about? No, of course not. I'm a guy, in high school. My hormones and urges right now are through the roof. But, I have no right to force you or pressure you. And, since I like you, I'm obligated to wait."

"I know, you flirt around and had a lot of girls before. So, it makes sense, but don't you think it's kind of, soon to do that stuff?"

"What do you mean?"

"We've been together for nine days. I like you a lot, but nine days is just..."

"Too soon for you. Well, yeah. I got the girls the same day I would ask them out, but those girls weren't like you." He smiled at her. She blushed and hugged him.

"I do like kissing you, though." She looks at her hands. Ren smirked and pulled her close before pressing his lips on hers. After about twenty minutes, the boys returned and whistled at the couple, deeply focused on their make out session. Ren chuckled and leaned back. Jessica tried to hide her blush behind her hair as Ren talked to them.

"Where are the girls?"

"All done, on their way home."

"Cool."

"Bet you, you're jealous." Minhyun teased.

"What does he have to be jealous about? He got a beautiful girl he can first base with all the time." Aron added.

"Haha, don't make me get up." Ren threatened. "You want to go home?"

"I don't know. It's almost two AM. If I go home now, my sister might wake up and we'll have to spend two hours getting her back in bed." Jessica replied.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter