Compromise

The Perfect Two
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

11pm at Miryang Dam

 

Hayeon read the message on her phone. She promptly pulled her fingers out of the girl beneath her making the girl groan in annoyance as she was left hanging. Hayeon stood up from the bed pulling a cigarette out from her pocket and lighting it up. She drew in a breath and blew out a puff of smoke before throwing a wad of cash in the girl's face and walking out the room without sparing the girl a second glance. Hayeon casually walked down the stairs leaving the VIP level of the SOSHI club. She exited and sauntered over to her Ducati before revving the engine and zooming off.

 

Hayeon glanced over at her opponent as he showed her a thumbs up sign before turning it upside down and grinning. She just scoffed and rolled her eyes, boys were just too cocky. The sound of a gunshot was heard and the two racers were off. They were neck and neck as they rounded the bend. Hayeon saw the streetlight reflecting off something on the road up ahead but she was going too fast to brake in time and so ran over the metal objects. She heard the hiss of her punctured tyres and her bike began to wobble. She turned to see the guy wave at her and speed up. Hayeon revved her engine, her tyres still had some air in them, if she was going down she wasn't going down alone. She came up side by side to her opponent before turning her bike sharply to the right, ramming into the guy. Both bikes tipped over, skidding along the road sending sparks flying everywhere. The two racers were thrown onto the asphalt. Luckily for Hayeon, her opponent half-broke her fall as she landed on top of him. Her left shoulder still contacted the ground and Hayeon groaned as a jolt pain shot down her arm. But that was nothing, she had endured worse. She scrunched up her face in disgust as she got up, she would rather land on the cold, hard bitumen than touch the guy. She groaned feeling the aches and pains of the impact but thankfully nothing was broken. The guy however wasn't as fortunate, his leg was twisted in an awkward angle and he was out cold but still breathing. Hayeon slowly stood up, dusting herself off. She couldn't care less for the man, he had asked for it since he had played dirty. She was still set on winning, a draw was not good enough. She walked over to check her bike, the tyres were tattered and one whole side was damaged badly from where it skidded along the road.

"." She had grown quite attached to that Ducati.

She glanced at the other bike with its wheels still spinning as it lay on the side. Hayeon walked over to the bike, she glanced back at the unconscious man on the road and smiled slyly.

 

"Woohoo!" "Yeah!" "We Won." The opposing gang cheered as they saw their racer cross the line.

 

Boa clenched her fists and grinded her teeth in anger. She would lose millions over this.

 

"What are you doing? STOP! Ahhhh!" The opposing gang members shouted as their racer made a beeline right for them making them scatter left and right. There was a screech of brakes as the racer hopped off the bike. The helmet was taken off and everyone gasped as the person was revealed to be Hayeon wearing the opposing teams jacket and helmet. Hayeon marched up to the opposing gang leader throwing the helmet at his feet and holding out her hand. He growled at her but motioned for one of his minions to step forward and hand her a suitcase.

 

"If you're going to use your dirty tricks then do it right." Hayeon said. "You might want to get an ambulance out to your racer, he's lying in the middle of the road."

 

***

 

Hayeon stepped into her room closing the door quietly so as not to wake her family. Not that she cared about their sleep she just didn't want another lecture from her father. Hayeon threw the bag of medication on the bed and winced as the movement brought on another wave of pain from her shoulder down her arm. Hayeon stared at the boxes of Valium and narcotics on the bed. It wasn’t the first time she had broken into her father’s company to steal some drugs. It was all for Taeyeon of course but this time Hayeon also took a couple of boxes of oxycontin to use on herself, her shoulder pain was getting a bit too much. And it was a bonus that the oxycontin had some street value but it wasn't as if she needed the money anyway...She just liked breaking the rules. 

 

Hayeon frowned at her reflection in the mirror, it wasn't a pleasant sight at all. Taeyeon would definitely be upset at seeing the gravel rash on her palms, the avulsion of more than one nail but worst of all the unsightly blue and purple bruises on her shoulder and also running across her abdomen where she had hit the handlebars as she was thrown over the bike. She pulled out the first aid kit from her drawer to clean her wounds. 

 

Hayeon felt someone watching her so she pulled her shirt down to hide the discolouration on her abdomen. She looked up and was met with Taeyeon's worried eyes.  

 

Damn.

 

 “Hayeon-ah, you-"

 

"I know." Hayeon cut in, she didn't want to sit through another one of these talks.

 

"Please...you have to stop hurting yourself. It hurts me to see you like this.”

 

“You’re not meant to see me like this.”

 

“You can never hide these kind of things from me Hayeon-ah.”

 

Hayeon sighed. These physical injuries never escaped Taeyeon’s observant eyes.

 

“I’ll try to be more careful.”

 

“You can do better than try…you can stop, I know you can.”

 

“If I stop, what else is there for me to do? Racing is one of the rare things that I find enjoyable.”

 

“Ouch.” Hayeon winced as Taeyeon used a cotton tip to apply some antiseptic onto her wounds.

 

“Can you at least cut down on t

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter