Taeny's First Word

The Perfect Two
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Yuri was determined to catch Taeyeon before she bolted out the classroom for recess today.

 

"Tae, wait up!" Yuri jogged over to her cousin.

 

"Why do you keep disappearing at lunch?"

 

"I...I have things to do."

 

"Like what?"

 

"..." Taeyeon tried to find an excuse.

 

"Just go and have lunch with the other girl's Yuri, I just need time alone."

 

"Tae, I know you hate being alone...and lunch didn't go too well with them yesterday. They kept asking me about you and I didn't like it."

 

"It's normal for them to be curious Yul, why wouldn't they be? I'm just not...normal."

 

"Yes, you aren't normal...because you are unique." Yuri smiled at her and Taeyeon returned the gesture.

 

"Give them another chance Yul, I'm sure Jessica will miss your absence at their table."

 

"I will miss your absence more." Yuri slung her arm around Taeyeon's shoulders and tried pulling her towards the cafeteria. Taeyeon remained rooted to the spot.

 

"Yul, just give me some time alone...so that I can find myself again. I want to make new friends too Yul, I want to sit together with you at their table too."

 

Yuri's eyes widened at Taeyeon's confession.

 

"Tae, you don't have to do this for me."

 

"No, I'm doing it for myself. I can't shut the world out for the rest of my life."

 

Yuri's eyes softened.

 

"Okay Tae, I'll give you space. Just know that I'm always here when you need me." Yuri patted Taeyeon's shoulder. "Oh, tell me where you are just in case." Yuri added.

 

"Our place." Taeyeon replied simply.

 

Yuri nodded in understanding before turning around and walking ahead to the cafeteria. Taeyeon watched Yuri's retreating back before turning around and walking in the opposite direction, away from the crowded cafeteria.

 

Yuri grabbed her tray of food and scanned the cafeteria, eyes landing on the table where Jessica and her friends sat. Yuri sighed and began walking to the usual table she would sit at with Taeyeon, only today it would just be her alone. Yuri was halfway through her meal when she felt a tap on he shoulder. She turned around and saw Sooyoung standing there staring at the ground.

 

"Umm..." Sooyoung started. "I just wanted to apologise if I offended you yesterday...I have a habit of saying whatever comes to my mind without thinking." She scratches her head. "...and sometimes...well most of the time that isn't a good thing."

 

Yuri couldn't help but smile at Sooyoung's attempt at an apology.

 

"I have a really bad memory." Yuri says and Sooyoung tilts her head to the side with a perplexed look on her face. "...which means that I've already forgotten about what happened yesterday." Yuri grins. Sooyoung's face lights up and she raises her hand up in the air with a thumbs up sign. A patter of footsteps were heard and then Yuri found herself surrounded by the rest of Sooyoung's friends, Jessica by her side.

 

"Whew, thought I lost a member of my dance crew." Hyoyeon pretended to wipe sweat off her brow.

 

"I apologise again for Sooyoung, she doesn't mean half of the things she says." Sunny said.

 

"Like I said, I've already forgotten everything already." Yuri chuckled and the other girls laughed with her.

 

"Hwang Mi Young, please report to the administration office immediately." A lady's voice resounded off the PA system.

 

"Oooh, Tiffany's in trouble." Sooyoung teased.

 

Tiffany rolled her eyes and waved to the girl's before heading to the administration building.

 

Tiffany finished her business at the administration office, which involved her confirming some papers that had arrived from the States from her previous school. She was walking down the hallway back to the cafeteria when she spotted something or someone through the window. She saw the outline of a person lying underneath the blossoming Cherry tree and when she squinted her eyes for a better focus she managed to make out the person as Taeyeon. Tiffany would have missed it completely if she wasn't this high up, the administration office was on the third level. At ground level you would have only seen the upmost branches of the Cherry tree because it was obscured behind the sports shed. Tiffany was

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter