Yuri's New Friends?

The Perfect Two
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Taeyeon woke up and began her daily routine. She felt tired today, like she didn’t get enough sleep. She walked pass Hayeon’s room, the door was closed as usual. Taeyeon stood in front of the door for a while before twisting the knob and entering. She flicked on the lights of the room. The bed was empty, there was no sign of her twin. Taeyeon walked over and sat down on the bed looking around the room. It was the exact opposite of her room, disorganized and messy with clothes and various other bits and pieces littered all over the floor, there was even a faint smell of cigarettes in the air. A foreign object caught her eye distracting her from the urge to clean up and rearrange things back in order. She got off the bed and made her way towards the dressing table placing her hand on the helmet, tracing the patterns with her fingers.

 

“You don’t allow me to go into your room and yet here you are snooping around in mine.” Taeyeon flinched and whipped her head around trying to locate the source of the voice. Her eyes landed on Hayeon standing by the window that had been boarded off from the outside preventing any sunlight from seeping through.

 

“I-I was worried about you.” Taeyeon stuttered.

 

“I’m flattered but I think you should be worried about yourself first.” Hayeon moved and was now standing next to Taeyeon at the dressing table.

 

“Where did you get this?” Taeyeon gestured to the helmet and the set of keys next to it.

 

“I won it,” Hayeon replied.

 

“Are you still racing?”

 

“And what if I am? You’ve got to let me have a little fun around here,”

 

“Just don’t do anything that you will regret,”

 

“Are you saying that for my benefit or for yours?”

 

“You know what I mean Hayeon. I really do care for you, you are a like part of me,” Taeyeon stared into Hayeon’s eyes.

 

“You’re going to be late for school.” Hayeon tried to change the topic, to divert Taeyeon’s attention away from the tears that were threatening to spill.

 

“You know I’ll always be there for you just like you would be there for me,” Taeyeon reached up to wipe the tears from Hayeon’s cheeks. “Now get some rest it's late, ah no, I mean it’s early.” Taeyeon smiled and Hayeon couldn’t help but do the same.

 

***

 

Taeyeon entered the classroom and was greeted by the sight of Yuri sleeping at her desk. Taeyeon smiled at the sight of Yuri’s drooling and chuckled at her light snoring. She tiptoed to the back of the classroom, careful to not wake Yuri. She pulled out her chair and the scraping of the chair against the wooden floorboards made Yuri stir in her sleep. Yuri stretched and rubbed her eyes, covering as she yawned. She turned around to see Taeyeon sitting at her seat. Yuri eyes widened and she bolted up, immediately rushing over to Taeyeon’s side.

 

“Tae, are you okay? I’m so sorry about last night, I should have been more careful, it was my mistake.” Yuri murmured while staring at the ground.

 

"It's okay Yul. I'm fine now." Taeyeon reached out to squeeze Yuri's shoulder. Yuri mentally thanked the lords above that Taeyeon had not regressed.

 

"How's Hayeon?" Yuri dared to ask.

 

"She's fine, I apologise if she did anything to you."

 

"Nothing I can't handle." Yuri smiled.

 

"You returning the pen to Jessica today?" Taeyeon changed the topic.

 

Yuri nodded her head, still staring at the ground, a pink blush creeping into her cheeks.

 

Taeyeon chuckled.

 

"Eat lunch with her today." Taeyeon said.

 

Yuri's head snapped up and she shook her head frantically.

 

"I'm eating with you."

 

Taeyeon was about to retaliate but decided against it. She would never be able to talk Yuri out of it...actions would be better than words.

 

 

***

 

*BEEP, BEEP, BEEP*

 

The alarm clock went off. Jessica groaned and pulled the covers over her head letting the darkness envelop her once again.

 

"UNNIE! Get up or else you'll be late." Krystal banged on the wall.

 

"5 more minutes." Jessica grumbled.

 

"JUNG SOO YEON, UP NOW!" Mrs Jung screamed from downstairs.

 

Suddenly the blanket was ripped away and Jessica's body instinctively curled up into a foetal position due to the sudden change in temperature.

 

"Krystal!" Jessica yelled as she glared at the Cheshire grin on her younger sister's face.

 

Krystal blew a raspberry and bolted out of the room. Jessica groaned and rolled out of bed, walking in a dazed state to the bathroom.

 

Once she finished getting changed Jessica began packing her bag. She put in her books, sports uniform and her pencil case. Jessica stared at her pencil case in her bag for a little while before reaching in and throwing it on her bed. She grabbed her blazer, switched off the lights and skipped down the stairs for breakfast.<

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter