Yuri's Slip-Up

The Perfect Two
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

It was a miracle for Yuri to turn up to school this early in the morning but she was just so exited that Taeyeon had made progress in her condition and she just wanted to make sure Taeyeon hadn't regressed to her former state. Yuri parked her car into the school parking lot just in time to see Taeyeon's car drive away. Yuri spotted the shorter girl shuffling into school.

 

"Taeng!" Yuri called out and skipped over to her cousin. She had her arms outstretched but stopped in her tracks when Taeyeon turned around and eyed her speculatively. Yuri held her breath as she judged Taeyeon's reaction.

 

The corners of Taeyeon's mouth turned up into a smile and Yuri exhaled while grinning.

 

"Glad you're still okay with this." Yuri slings her arm lazily around Taeyeon's shoulders and the two cousins made their way to class.

 

As expected the classroom was empty when the two cousins arrived. Taeyeon resumed her seat in the corner and Yuri down in the desk next to Taeyeon's.

 

"That's not your desk." Taeyeon pointed out.

 

"I know, I'll move when she comes. I still don't like her sitting next to you."

 

"I'm fine with it Yul, so you should stop worrying."

 

"You are far from fine Tae, I bet you're popping those benzos every morning ever since she sat next to you, that is not fine. How about I ask Mrs Baek to swap seats with her? It'll make you less anxious, so you can stop taking those things, you can get addicted you know."

 

"It's okay Yul, really. I haven't taken any today, we'll see how things go and if I can't take it then I'll consider your suggestion. You know what Dr Stevenson says, I have to expose myself to these stressful situations so I can become desensitised, it's all part of the therapy...and besides I know you really don't want to leave that seat next to Jessica." Taeyeon smirks and Yuri's cheeks flush. "Someone is blushing." Taeyeon teased.

 

"Am not." Yuri playfully swatted Taeyeon's shoulder.

 

"Say that to your tomato cheeks. I know you like her Yul and you don't have to hide it because of me. I really appreciate you for staying next to me and being there for me but I know that you can't stay with me forever. If you like her then let her know, talk to her, become friends with her, I don't need you around me at all times. I know that you're doing this because you feel guilty about what happened to Hayeon and you feel the need to protect me buts it's okay Yul, I think I can protect myself now." Taeyeon takes a deep breath and reaches out to squeeze Yuri's hand.

 

Yuri stares at Taeyeon's hand enclosed around her own and she felt her heart swell in happiness. Taeyeon was getting better, maybe it was time she loosened the leash just a little bit.

 

"You know I'll always be here when you need me right?"

 

"I know." Taeyeon smiles.

 

***

 

Tiffany and her friends were about to enter the classroom when the scene in front of them stopped them in their tracks. Yuri was sitting in Tiffany's seat next to Taeyeon. They all gasped as Yuri reached her hand over and patted Taeyeon's back and if that wasn't shocking enough Taeyeon was smiling while engaging in an animated conversation with the tanned girl.

 

"Oh My God Yuri is actually touching The Kim Taeyeon." Sooyoung almost dropped her Nutella toast on the ground. There was a pile up at the doorway as no one dared to take another step into the classroom. They were all frozen because no one was game enough to interrupt Taeyeon and Yuri's moment less they get a beating from Yuri. However, this wasn't the sole reason why Tiffany's body was unmoved. Her body was frozen not because she was afraid of Yuri but because she was awed at the sight of Taeyeon's smile that her brain became detached from the her body and she could no longer form logical thoughts anymore. Her mind was only occupied by the image of Taeyeon's smile.

 

"What's happening, why is everyone blocking the doorway?" Mrs Baek questioned and pushed her way through the throng of students blocking the entry to the classroom.

 

Taeyeon's head snapped towards the voice and the smile was immediately wiped from her face. She slunk down into her chair and wrapped her arms around her body defensively.

 

"My eyes must be deceiving me, Miss Kwon, you're early for once." Mrs Baek said dramatically, she had missed seeing the exchange that occurred between Taeyeon and Yuri earlier.

 

"Yes, since it is senior year I want to turn over a new leaf. I apologise for my constant tardiness and I will try my best to attend school on time." Yuri stood up.

 

Mrs Baek’s mouth was hanging open. Did some aliens abduct Yuri and replace her with an imposter?

 

"I'd never thought I would hear that from you Miss Kwon but we'll see how it goes. You seem awfully jolly today." Mrs Baek regainsed her composure.

 

"Yes, something amazing happened yesterday." Yuri grinned and skipped over to her desk. "Well, what are we waiting for girls? Come, come, find your seats and let's get this class started." Yuri started taking out her books.

 

"Be careful S

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter