One Becomes The Other

The Perfect Two
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Hi…Tiffany.” Taeyeon’s eyes grew two shades darker, the words dripping of her tongue like venom.

 

“Taeyeon.” She could not deny that she was afraid, the person before her was no longer her Taeyeon. Was this another one of Taeyeon’s defense mechanisms? Tiffany remembered back to that day in the park where Taeyeon had become someone totally different, someone out of control. She had brought Taeyeon back that day and now she would do the same. Taeyeon was still in there somewhere, it was up to her to find the girl again.

 

“Taeyeon-ah, come back to me.” Tiffany cupped Taeyeon’s cheek, searching in the girls’ eyes to find that familiar warmth. “Come back to me, please. I need you.” Tiffany pleaded.

 

Taeyeon gripped Tiffany’s arms and pushed the girl back against the seat. Tiffany winced as Taeyeon’s nails dug into her skin. She never broke their eye contact.

 

“I’m not afraid...” Tiffany’s eyes were full of determination, replacing her initial fear, “…and I won’t run away.”

 

Taeyeon’s pupils dilated before softening into that recognizable glow. There was still something a little different about the girls’ gaze but Tiffany didn’t think much of it, for the warmth she saw, that was definitely Taeyeon.

 

“Hey there.” Tiffany smiled as Taeyeon blinked at her, a blank look was plastered on the girls’ face. “Where’d you run off too huh? I missed you.” Tiffany leaned forward and placed a feathery kiss on the shorter girls’ lips. “You’re lucky that I’m good at finding you.” Tiffany smiled once more, her eyes disappearing into crescents.

 

“F-fany-ah,” Taeyeon looked down at her hands, those hands that had hurt Tiffany again. She clenched her fists.

 

“Hey, it’s alright, you didn’t do anything.” Tiffany placed her hand on top of Taeyeon’s.

 

Taeyeon shook her head as she eyed the nail marks along Tiffany’s arms.

 

“It’s not your fault okay, it wasn’t you. I know you would never hurt me, that’s why you came back.”

 

Taeyeon nodded her head.

 

“It must have been hard to find your way back but thank you Taeyeon-ah, thank you for coming back to me.” Tiffany squeezed her hands reassuringly.

 

“I…thank you for finding me.” Taeyeon’s voice faltered, eyes glistening with tears.

 

“Just try not to disappear from me again okay?” Tiffany tilted her head to the side.

 

“I…I can’t.” Taeyeon shook her head again. “I can’t help it.”

 

“Well then, if you ever go missing again, I’ll look for you. No matter where you are, I’d find you again. I won’t give up until I do, I promise.”

 

Taeyeon sniffed, biting her lips to hold back the tears. She looked so adorable that Tiffany had to pull her onto her lap and cuddle the life out of her.

 

“Fany-ah.” Taeyeon wrapped her arms around Tiffany’s neck.

 

“Hmmm?”

 

“I love you.” Taeyeon frowned, the words didn’t seem enough to express how she felt. “I love you…a lot.”

 

Tiffany chuckled.

 

“I know. And I love you a lot too.”

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter