The Kim Taeyeon

The Perfect Two
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Taeyeon stepped out of the car and nodded to her chauffeur.

 

"Have a nice day at school Miss." The lady greeted before driving off. Taeyeon adjusted her glasses and shuffled into the school grounds, head hanging low, afraid to meet anyone’s gaze.

 

The school grounds were empty, void of any students. What did you expect? It was only 7am and school did not start until 8:30. Taeyeon would always turn up to school early so that she could walk to the classroom without encountering any other students, she didn't like it when they came too close.

 

She walked briskly to her classroom and sat down at her desk. The classroom was empty, just the way she liked it. She glanced over to the empty seat beside her, that Tiffany girl had come too close yesterday, much too close.

 

There were only a handful of people who were allowed to come into close proximity to Taeyeon and they included her father, mother, sisters, her cousin Yuri and lastly Dr Stevenson. With strangers who came within 1 metre of her Taeyeon would have a panic attack.

 

Her condition had improved over the past couple of years, she had used to crouch down on the floor, clutching her head and scream whenever someone invaded her personal space. And because of this severe reaction Taeyeon was confined to her home. Now she was able to control herself through the desensitising sessions with Dr Stevenson. The psychiatrist had helped Taeyeon with her obsessions and compulsions, had taught her to understand her dysfunctional thoughts and helped her alter her behaviours. Some residual compulsions still remained, however with less intensity. Nevertheless, through these sessions Taeyeon was able to return to school again and resume a somewhat normal life.

 

However, there were some things that Dr Stevenson could not help her with, no matter what methods were used, and that was Taeyeon's fear of being touched, of having someone come close to her and most importantly her fear of males. Taeyeon knew perfectly well that her fears may seem irrational to others but it was something she could not control, these inherent fears were wired into her brain and her body responded in a way that anybody would when faced with danger, to kick into sympathetic overdrive. The only difference was that Taeyeon’s response was magnified to ten times that of a normal person.

 

Taeyeon opened up her school bag and pulled out a bottle of pills. She popped open the lid and shook the bottle so that two tablets fell into her hand. She unscrewed the lid of her water bottle and downed the two pills. Hopefully, these pills would help to relieve her anxiety when the redhead sat down next to her. Next she began her usual ritual. She took out her pencil case taking out each writing instrument one by one and positioning them at the corner of her desk in ascending order of height. Once she was satisfied Taeyeon pulled out her phone and scrolled through the news page.

 

Kim Heiress causing trouble once again.

 

Taeyeon read the news headlines. Hayeon was well known for her run-ins with the authority.

 

Why do you keep doing this?

 

Taeyeon contemplated whether she should talk to her sister or not. She looked at the clock - 7:30am, there was plenty of time. Taeyeon faced her phone again waiting for Hayeon's face to appear on the screen.

 

"Fancy you calling me in the morning, you know I need my rest." Hayeon said.

 

"Why do you keep doing this?" Taeyeon asked her sister.

 

"Do what?"

 

"Go out at night."

 

"I do what I want. You can't stop me dear sister. You know the only time I can come out is at night." Hayeon smiled evilly.

 

"Please, stop causing trouble." Taeyeon pleaded with her twin.

 

"That is not something you can control." Hayeon seethed.

 

"Hayeon, Hayeon!" Taeyeon called out to the phone but the screen had already turned black. Taeyeon sighed, it was no use, Hayeon would never change. Taeyeon plugged some headphones in her ear. She lay her head down on the desk and let the soothing tunes relax her mind.

 

***

 

*BEEP BEEP BEEP*

 

Tiffany groaned and reached over the beside drawer, searching blindly for her alarm clock. Once her hand landed on the object, she pressed the off button and then rolled out of bed. She yawned and then stretched her arms above her head not bothering to make her bed. She then slipped on her pink, fluffy bunny slippers and sauntered to the bathroom to wash up and get ready for school.

 

"Morning daddy." Tiffany greeted her father who was sipping his coffee while watching the morning news.

 

"Good morning Miyoung, I made breakfast, it's on the kitchen bench." Mr Hwang pointed. "I can give you a lift to school today if you like, but we’ll have to leave a little early."

 

"Sure." Tiffany replied while munching on her toast, anything to avoid taking the filthy school bus. Tiffany would have asked Jessica if she would like a lift too but she knew that the ice princess loved her beauty sleep.

                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                        

"In other news, the Kim Heiress was once again spotted at the SONE club late last. Kim Hayeon, daughter of the CEO of Kim Pharmaceuticals is well known to frequent the club despite being underage. The Kim Heiress was caught partying it up with a bunch of rowdy inebriated teens before being arrested by police for driving under the influence. She was taken to Seoul police station before her father came to bail her out." The anchorwoman said. The screen then flashed to footage of Mr Kim walking out of the police station hands shielding himself from the flashing cameras while reporters stuck microphones in his face. Hayeon could be seen walking behind her father, face covered by her black hoodie.

 

"Mr Kim, what are your thoughts on your daughter's behaviour?" One reporter asked.

 

"What methods are you using to discipline your daughter?"

 

"What are your thoughts on your daughter visiting a lesbian bar?"

 

The man remained silent as his security guards pushed the reporters out of the way. Knowing that they would not get any further replies from the man the reporters then turned to Hayeon.

 

"Miss Kim, what is the reason behind your continuous misbehaviour?"

 

"Are you doing this just to spite your father?"

 

"Why isn't your twin sister out here with you?"

 

"Is it true that you hang out at SONE club because you are a lesbian?"

 

Hayeon lifted her head and looked straight at the camera. Tiffany gasped at the similarities between the girl and Taeyeon, they were absolutely identical. Except that Haeyeon's piercing eyes seemed a shade darker and they exuded confidence, something that Taeyeon did not possess. It made the hairs on the back of Tiffany’s neck stand up.

 

Hayeon smirked and then gave the camera the one finger salute.

 

"Geez, that girl is always causing her family trouble." Mr Hwang shook his head then turned the TV off. “I do feel sorry for the Kim family. I hope you won’t turn out like her.”

 

“Of course not daddy.” Tiffany reassured her father.

 

***

 

"Bye Daddy, have a nice day at work." Tiffany blew a kiss to her dad.

 

“Bye Honey, have a nice day at school. I’ll be back in the afternoon to take you to the hospital for your annual checkup.”

 

“Already?” Tiffany whined before hopping out the car.

 

Tiffany never understood why she had to go get a full body check up every year. She was a perfectly healthy teenager and the results came back negative each time. Every time she asked why she had to get the check up done Mr Hwang would say that since he’s a doctor his family gets free annual health check ups. Maybe it’s just her dad being paranoid since he’s a doctor?

 

She shivered from the cool winter breeze and skipped past the school gates. Tiffany looked around in search of her friends but could find no familiar faces so she decided to go straight to the classroom.

 

Tiffany walked silently to her classroom, the door was open and she heard

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter