Priorities

The Perfect Two
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Yuri was surprised at her own actions. One minute she was watching Jessica dance and now she had the blonde girl within her arms and she was kissing her…and Jessica’s lips were so soft. There was no movement from the shorter girl and Yuri pulled back with disappointment, her arms dropping from around Jessica’s waist.

 

Jessica’s eyes widened as Yuri’s soft lips brushed against her own. Her hands, which were resting against Yuri’s chest, clenched into fists. The feeling was foreign, of course it would be since it was her first kiss, but there was no denying that it felt wonderful. Jessica’s body was frozen, not knowing how to respond. She inwardly groaned when Yuri broke the contact.

 

“Sorry.” Yuri mumbled with her head down, stepping back to give Jessica some space.

 

Yuri’s words barely registered in Jessica’s mind. Jessica kept on staring at Yuri as the girl took a few steps backwards. Jessica found herself moving forward, not wanting to create distance between Yuri and herself.

 

“Yuri-ah.” Jessica cupped Yuri’s cheek and lifted the girl’s face up to look at her. “Yuri-ah it’s okay to kiss someone if you like them…” Jessica said and Yuri’s eyes brightened. “…but only if they like you back…” And Yuri’s hopes shattered. “…and I…I like you.”

 

It was Yuri’s turn to be taken by surprise as Jessica’s scorching lips found hers once again. This time there wasn’t a moment of hesitation as Yuri returned her feelings through the kiss. Jessica pulled away, her forehead resting against Yuri’s, both were smiling at each other.

 

“Remember Yuri, that it’s okay to express how you feel.”

 

Yuri reached for Jessica’s hand placing it on her chest.

 

“Can you feel it Sica?”

 

Jessica smiled as she felt Yuri’s heart thundering beneath her palm.

 

***

 

Tiffany was rolling around in bed in boredom. It was a Saturday and, for once in her life, Tiffany wished it were Monday just so she could see Taeyeon again. Something about the girl invoked a sense of protectiveness in Tiffany. Would it be weird if she were to turn up at Taeyeon’s doorstep right now?

 

“Of course it’s weird, we’re not even that close and Yuri’s probably with her.” Tiffany mumbled to herself and buried her head into her pillow.

 

Tiffany groaned and reached for her phone dialing Jessica’s number. Maybe going out would keep Taeyeon of her mind.

 

“Hello?” Tiffany heard Jessica’s voice.

 

“Jessie I’m bored, let’s go out.”

 

“Um…I can’t today, busy.”

 

“What are you doing?”

 

“Um, working on my assignment?”
 

“Chem?”

 

“Yes.”

 

“But that’s not due until another two weeks!”

 

“Yeah I just want to get it out of the way. Talk to you soon trying to look up some articles.”

 

“But- uggh.” Tiffany threw her phone on the bed when Jessica hung up.

 

Jessica was a last-minute sort of girl so Tiffany found it strange for Jessica to be working on the assignment this early.

 

***

 

“Yah, can you guys not make it obvious that I’m the third wheel here.” Tiffany covered her eyes as the Soosun couple made out in front of her. Since Jessica was to busy Tiffany decided to ask Sooyoung and Sunny out instead.

 

“Sorry.” Sunny giggled and gave Sooyoung one last peck on the lips.

 

“Why are you apologising my Sunny-bunny? It’s not your fault that I’m irresistible.” Sooyoung pointed to herself and earned a slap on her shoulder from Sunny. Sunny bounded over and linked arms with Tiffany leaving a pouting Sooyoung trailing behind.

 

“Ay. Now I feel like the third wheel.” Sooyoung groaned. “Sunny-ah.” Sooyoung whined and ran up to her girlfriend linking her arm with Sunny’s free arm. The trio walked into the cinemas.

 

“What do you guys want to watch?” Tiffany asked the couple.

 

“Definitely that one.” Both Sooyoung and Sunny pointed to a horror film. Tiffany face-palmed herself. What did she expect? The Soosun couple loved horror and gore. Now Tiffany had to endure 2 horrible hours watching something she hated, fingers crossed that she doesn’t have nightmares tonight.

 

“Omo, is that who I think it is?” Sunny pointed to a pair of girl’s lining up.

 

“Holy effing Jesus!” Sooyoung covered in surprise.

 

“Yah, no swearing.” Sunny hit her girlfriend.

 

“She told me she was busy doing her chemistry homework.” Tiffany narrowed her eyes.

 

“That sneaky ice princess, going on a date behind our backs. I’ve changed my mind let’s watch whatever they’re watching. We need to keep an eye on them.”  Sooyoung said.

 

“Sounds like a good idea.” Tiffany said, anything to get out from watching a horror film.

 

The trio entered the movie theatre and sat in the back corner, a few rows behind Jessica and Yuri.

 

“You think they’re going out?” Sunny whispered.

 

“Of course they are just look at them.” Sooyoung pointed as Yuri leant over and whispered something into Jessica’s ear making h

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter