T and T

The Perfect Two
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It was a very early Tuesday morning when Yuri’s car pulled up into the driveway of the Kim property. She quickly killed the engine and hopped out of her car racing up to the entrance of the house. Dance practice yesterday afternoon had kept Yuri from going over to Taeyeon’s house and asking her about what happened with Tiffany. She had wanted to skip practice but she had made a promise to Jessica…and Yuri never broke promises. It must have been a miracle for something like this to happen and Yuri had mixed feelings. Was Taeyeon progressing too fast? Nevertheless, Yuri was happy to see her cousin opening up to another person, albeit she did feel a little jealous.

 

However, as Yuri opened the door to Taeyeon’s room she no longer had a reason to feel jealous. Kim Taeyeon was lying in bed, still in her pajamas, arms outstretched and staring blankly at the ceiling. Taeyeon would usually be dressed and ready to go to school by this time. Yuri knew where this was headed…

 

“Taeng.” Yuri called out but the girl seemed lost in her thoughts. “You not getting changed?”

 

“…”

 

“Hello? Are you coming to school?”

 

“…”

 

“Taeng?”

 

“…”

 

“Tiffany.” Yuri dropped the T-bomb.

 

Taeyeon immediately turned her head to face Yuri.

 

“So you finally notice me.” Yuri walked over to sit on the edge of the bed.

 

Taeyeon smiled weakly and resumed staring at the ceiling.

 

“So you coming to school?”

 

Taeyeon shook her head and Yuri sighed slumping down next to her on the bed.

 

“It’s her again isn’t it?” Yuri rolled to her side, propping her head up on one hand.

 

Taeyeon closed her eyes to block out Yuri’s accusing gaze.

 

“I…I’m not going to school.” Taeyeon finally spoke up.

 

“Hmmm.” Yuri grumbled with disapproval. “Homeschooled again?...For how long?”

 

Taeyeon opened to answer but Yuri beat her to it.

 

“No, don’t answer. I think I already know.” Yuri sat up.

 

“Tiffany will be disappointed you know.” Yuri slung her bag over her shoulder and left the room.

 

Yuri got in her car and hit the steering wheel multiple times to vent her frustration. It was back to square one. Yuri could have stayed to persuade Taeyeon to go back to school but she knew her words were futile against Hayeon’s.

 

***

 

Tiffany walked into the school gates with a spring in her step and a bright smile on her face as she remembered back to the moment where Taeyeon hugged her. Just the thought sent the millions of butterflies in her stomach into frenzy. Tiffany opened the classroom door and stuck her head in, the smile disappeared from her face when she was met with an empty classroom. Tiffany glanced at the clock on the wall, 6:20am, it was a little early. Tiffany entered the classroom and shut the door behind her before skipping over to take a seat at her desk. Tiffany lay her head down on her desk, fingers drumming against the wooden surface as she watched the second hand on the clock tick along.

 

...6:25

 

...6:30

 

...7:00

 

Tiffany furrowed her eyebrows, Taeyeon should have been here by now.

 

There was a rustle as someone turned the doorknob. Tiffany whipped her head up get a glimpse of the intruder.

 

"Yuri?" Tiffany stood up.

 

Yuri gave a slight nod of her head and sauntered over, pulled her seat out, sat down and buried her head in her folded arms on the desk.

 

"Umm...." Tiffany started. She was still intimidated by the tall tanned girl but she really wanted to ask Yuri if she knew where Taeyeon was. Suddenly, Yuri stood up and turned around to face Tiffany. Yuri leaned over Tiffany's desk and Tiffany inched backwards, away from Yuri's Cheshire grin. "Ow, that hurts." Tiffany flinches from Yuri's strong grip on her shoulders.

 

Yuri looks at Tiffany with a mischievous glint in her eyes.

 

“Good morning Tiffany.” Yuri drawls.

 

“H-hi.” Tiffany stutters.

 

"Taeyeon is…umm…sick today and she told me to ask you if you could help her take notes for today’s lesson and bring them over to her house this afternoon." Yuri states matter-of-factly and answered Tiffany’s question before she could even ask.

 

“Oh, is she okay?” Tiffany was worried.

 

“She’s fine, just a minor temperature and a runny nose.” Yuri dismisses further questioning with a wave of her hand.

 

“But why didn’t she just ask you? I mean you would know where she lives.” Tiffany says and Yuri’s eyes widen.

 

“Uhhh…because my handwriting is messy and she can’t read it.” Yuri says quickly. “And plus I am busy with practice this afternoon. Here, this is her address.” Yuri writes the address down and hands the piece of paper to Tiffany.

 

“Umm…Thanks?” Tiffany was a little surprised.

 

“And make sure you get her to come to school tomorrow.”

 

“Only if she’s recovered.” Tiffany replied.

 

“She is fine, she’s not even sick enough to be missing school today. Please get her to come to school tomorrow.” Yuri almost pleaded.

 

“I’ll try me best.”

 

“Thank you.” Yuri smiled and turned around resting her head on her arms trying to catch up on some sleep. Her eyes suddenly opened and she turned back around to face Tiffany, she had almost forgotten to tell Tiffany one extremely important detail. “And no matter what you do you have to leave before sundown. Before it gets dark, got that? Yuri stressed.

 

“Before sundown.” Tiffany repeated while nodding. “But wh-”

 

“Don’t ask.” Yuri turned back around.

 

***

 

Tiffany held the stack of photocopied notes in one hand while she reached up to press the doorbell with her free hand.

 

“This is the Kim residence, may I ask who you are?” a voice was heard from the intercom.

 

“Hwang Tiffany, I am one of Taeyeon’s classmates.” Tiffany replied.

 

“Are you here for Miss Taeyeon?” the voice seemed surprised for no one ever visited Taeyeon besides Yuri.

 

“Yes.” Tiffany gave an eye-smile into the camera.

 

“Are you certain you are here for miss Taeyeon? Who sent you here?”

 

“Yes I am here for Kim Taeyeon, Yuri asked me to bring her notes from today’s class.”

 

“Ah, Miss Kwon Yuri, okay I will be right down to open the door.” The intercom disconnected.

 

“Hello Miss Hwang.” the Kim’s family maid bowed.

 

“Hello.” Tiffany bowed. “Please just call me Tiffany.” Tiffany smiled.

 

“My apologies for earlier, it’s just that Miss Taeyeon rarely has visitors so I must be very careful.” The maid explains.

 

“Oh?...Hi.” Tiffany waved to a cute little girl dressed in a yellow tutu and wearing some golden wings on her back. The girl stared at Tiffany with a pair of inquisitive eyes.

 

“Unnie, you are so pretty!” Miyeon was in awe.

 

“Why thank you and so are you.” Tiffany giggled and crouched down so she could be on the same level as the girl. “My name is Tiffany and who might you be?” Tiffany motioned for the girl to come over.

 

“Mi-yeon. Kim. Mi. Yeon!” The girl enunciated every syllable. Tiffany was mesmerized by the girl’s piercing sapphire blue eyes.

 

“Kim Miyeon? A beautiful name for a beautiful princess!”

 

“But I’m a fairy. See?” Miyeon proudly pointed to her wings. “And I have a wand.” She held her wand out to Tiffany. “My unnie is the princess.”

 

“And who is your unnie?” Tiffany chuckled at the girl’s adorableness.

 

“Tae-yeon. Kim. Tae. Yeon!” Miyeon clapped.

 

“I see. So, fairy Miyeon, can you grant me a wish?” Tiffany asked.

 

Miyeon nodded frantically.

 

“I wish that you would take me to see your unnie please.”

 

“Miyeon will make your wish come true pretty unnie.” Miyeon beamed and reached for Tiffany’s hand, leading her up the stairs.

 

“Pretty unnie, you wait here while Miyeon go tell Tae unnie okay?” Miyeon disappeared into the room.

 

“Okay.” Tiffany replied.

 

“Tae unnie is sleeping.” Miyeon opened the door and pulled Tiffany into the room. “I will wake her up.”

 

“No-” Tiffany wanted to let Taeyeon sleep more but it was already too late.

 

“PRINCESS TAE UNNIE!!!” Miye

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter