Chapter 39 - Beckoning

Monkey Love Fishy II - Forever and Always

Y POV

            Kyuhyun told me immediately when the fifth postcard came. This time, Donghae had requested we bring Eunhyuk. This was a surprise. “Are you sure?” I asked him. He texted me the postcard.

I’m ready. Bring Eunhyuk. I’ll be in New York.

            It was the shortest postcard, no task. Just that. I was surprised but also knew that it was about time. He couldn’t hide forever and what better way to sort out their problems then to have the two meet? I knew that five months was a long time and I prayed that they both would have the strength to face what happened next.

            Kyuhyun wanted me next to him when he told him and so I did. The look across Eunhyuk’s face was priceless. He went from disbelieving to anger to sadness. There was no happiness and he finally settled on determination.

            “What makes him think I’ll come?”                                    

            I knew that he would do this and Kyuhyun let out a sigh next to me. But we came prepared. “Because it is the only way to know how you feel. I know he hurt you but keep in mind, he was hurting too. He didn’t do it out of spite. It was all meant to be for your good.”

            He scoffed. “That’s always the excuse, isn’t it?”

            He was right but this time it was true. Kyuhyun stood up and shrugged. “Up to you. If you don’t go, who knows what Donghae may do.”

            This got to him and he stood too. “I never said I wasn’t going to go. I just, never mind. When are we going?”

            “As soon as we can get tickets.”

            Eunhyuk looked at us. “And did we get tickets yet?”

            Kyuhyun laughed. “I had to make sure you were willing to come first.” This made the older laugh and he walked out.

            “Tell me when.”

            The rest of the members surrounded us, wanting to know what had happened. When they heard, Kangin raised an eyebrow. “So this time, he’s really coming back for real?”

            I shrugged. “I’m not sure. I think it all depends on how the talk goes with Eunhyuk.”

            Leeteuk glared. “He promised me he would be back. I don’t care about how the conversation goes, the more I think about it, the madder I am. He never should have pulled this stunt.”

            Kyuhyun raised an eyebrow. “You went along with it.”

            Their leader shot him a look. “I thought it would help. But if Donghae dares to pull another escape, this time I will chase after him with my own bare hands.”

E POV

            The airplane tickets were on my bed one night after I came home. By now, I’ve come to terms that Donghae simply no longer existed so I didn’t know how to feel. It made me nervous. I didn’t know whether I was mad at him or if this was just an instinct. But I knew I was deeply hurt.

            He had done too much damage. But my stupid heart wouldn’t stop thudding at the thought that he would soon be before me again. The entire plane ride, I couldn’t stop moving and Yoona looked over.

            She gave a small smile. “Don’t be too nervous. Just talk.”

            I nodded. Right. Just talk.

 

 

Sorry for such short chapters

two more left I promise those will be longer