Chapter 37 - Waiting On Donghae

Monkey Love Fishy II - Forever and Always

 

Y POV

Next destination: Brazil. Now that the truth was out in the open, Kyuhyun and I freely discussed our plans with Eunhyuk. We weren’t waiting for his approval, we just wanted him to be updated. All he needed to know was where we were going and what we planned on doing. Kyuhyun had managed to secure Donghwa’s number and had called him, asking him to please give us a good date to go. His brother had caved and told us that there was a casting party tomorrow. Kyuhyun and I knew we had to go.

“You know, I’m on the plane way too often with you,” I joked. Kyuhyun grunted, his eyes focused, as per usual, on his handheld device. I plucked the electronic away from him and pressed the pause button a little too late. His character had already fallen off the cliff.

            “Yoona! I was this close to beating my high score!” he whined.

            I glared at him. “Too bad. Your girlfriend’s right here and you’re worried about your high score?”

            He pouted and sulked. “Sorry.” But he probably didn’t mean it. He wasn’t the Gamer for nothing. I patted his arm.

            “What is our plan? How can we crash the party? We’re pretty well known in the entertainment industry. They’ll know we’re not extras and they’ll probably guess we’re there for Donghae.”

            He looked at me. “We can do this another way. We can call Donghae, warn him and make him stay. Or we can slip in as waiters.” I looked at him and he took out a small bowtie from his bag. “Look, I even came prepared.” He cracked a smile and I couldn’t help it. Even when we were risking things, he was smiling.

            I bopped him on the head and my black pleated skirt. “And so am I.”

            We landed and the first thing Kyuhyun insisted we did was to enjoy our day. “We’re going to swim in the pool, sightsee a little, eat a fine meal and then sleep. Because tonight, we are about to embark on one of the most dangerous missions we have done so far.”

            I raised an eyebrow. “I doubt it. Trying to get the things from Jessica and LeiLei was dangerous. I swear, if we’re ever found out, we’re going to be thrown to jail. We’ve probably impersonated a million people.”

            He held up the bowtie again. “Let’s add waiter to the resume.”

            We checked into our hotel and spend the day milling around. It was fun to shop around and meet a whole new culture. The people around us greeted us warmly and we managed to avoid the fans. Kyuhyun suggested we took a swim and it was the worst decision of my life. I must have choked on a gallonfull of the chlorine.

            We went upstairs to take a nap and I fell asleep in his arms. When we woke up, I realized that this was the first time I had slept next to him. I tried to wiggle out but he caught me. “Hey,” he murmured sleepily. “Where are you going?”

            “The cast party starts at eight. We’re going to eat and then get dressed. Come on.”

            He shot up, all alert and went downstairs.

 K POV

            Yoona and I drove to the party. There were brightly lighted tents all over the place and we strode around the work area. We had to keep our faces down to avoid being detected. We made our way into the tent and served people, placing down the plates in front of them. I kept my eye out for Donghae.

            He was sitting alone, near the back and I smirked. He couldn’t have made life easier. I started to make my way over when a hand grabbed my shoulder. “Kyuhyun?”

            Crap. I stared into the face of a cameracrew. I placed a finger to my lips. “If you know what’s good for you, shush. Please.” He let go of me and I walked forward.

            Donghae lifted his glass to his lips and I grabbed his wrist. “So. Hyung. Long time no see.”

            He balked and in a second, Yoona was next to me. “Oppa!”

            He stared at us. “What are you doing here?”

            I crossed my arms. “I’m not leaving until you tell me exactly what you plan on doing.”

            Donghae led us through the back and we were admiring a great view of the river. He sighed. “I was going to come back eventually. I just needed to give him time.”

            Yoona sighed impatiently. “You know that won’t be happening. Why do you even try?”

            He looked up. “LeiLei.”

            “She’s done. We had Jessica talk to her and they’re really done.”

            “I know, but what if there were another one?”

            I interjected. “Then you might as well live your life in fear and never come back.”

            “I can’t do that. The most I can do is make him forget me.”

            “That’s not possible.”

            I grabbed his arm and glared at him. “Let’s be realistic. He’s hurting. He found out your ruse by the way. So give it up.”

            Donghae hung his head. “Wait until the next postcard. Give me another two weeks. I promise. I’ll try to make things right.”

 

I think there are four more chapters left :)