Chapter 34 - Coming Up Empty

Monkey Love Fishy II - Forever and Always

 

Y POV

            Kyuhyun and I sat together for our ride to Indonesia. We requested seats in a slightly more private section because this time we needed to talk. We had a feeling Donghae wouldn’t be here. But Kyuhyun wanted to cover all the bases just in case.

            On the plane, he obsessed over what Junichi had been detailing with. The paparazzi had cooperated quite well, knowing that if he didn’t Kyu would expose him. He handed over all evidence and even offered to ask LeiLei for more and turn it over. But LeiLei was done.

            That was one relief factor. I heard from Jessica right before we left that she had managed to convince LeiLei that what she had done wasn’t helping but hurting the oppa she loved so much. LeiLei was sent away and is currently with SHINee in Japan, away from all the drama.

            “I still hate her,” Kyuhyun muttered darkly as he tapped away on his keyboard. I glanced over his shoulder and rolled my eyes.

            “Gamers will never die will they? You’re still playing while grousing about LeiLei!”

            “I need to. This one guy nearly surpassed my level. I need to remain at the head of the rat race.”

            I leaned against my seat and blew my bangs out of my eyes. “What was the point of sitting together if you’re going to just focus on your game?”

            He looked up briefly, with a mischievous twinkle in his eye. “Is my Yoong-bear jealous?”

            “Of your laptop? I’d sooner be jealous of my uncle. You’re ridiculous Cho Kyuhyun.”

            He nodded happily, still firing away at whatever green monster he was fighting. “Ridiculous and you love me.” Argh the frustrations.

            “What are we going to do in Indonesia?”

            “Stay a day to see where Donghae’s gone and find out more information about his new filming. A film this big really shouldn’t be all hushed so who are they saying is the actor if they can’t reveal it’s Donghae? And how does the staff respond and how are they keeping this such a mystery? It’s all pretty fascinating how nobody knows yet.”

            I nodded. Of course he would have thought it all out. With a last few excited yells and three of the keyboard, he shut his laptop. I pretended to have my eyes closed. “Yoonaaaaa,” he whined. “I’m done.”

            I raised my eyebrow. “Done? Whatever could that mean? I thought you had to make sure nobody got to your level?”

            He huffed. “Don’t throw a tantrum, Yoongie. You know how much that meant to me. I just had to make sure that I beat the others, that’s all. But now I’m all yours.”

            “I’m sleepy. Shush.”

            Kyu rolled his eyes and tickled me. “I’ll jolt you awake if I have to.” I squirmed and nearly hit the attendant who walked by.

            “Look what you made me do,” I glared. Kyuhun settled his head on my shoulder and grinned himself to sleep.

K POV

            Straight from the plane, we went to the hotel from which the postcard was sent. We asked for the room that Donghae stayed in but nobody would tell me. Yoona grabbed my shoulder. “We’re going to have to do this the illegal way,” she whispered.

            I grinned. “That’s my girl.” We walked to the elevator but rather than getting in, ducked through the exit for the workers. Several maids holding dirty laundry gasped when they saw us but I stopped one of them.

            “Please, we’re asking for a person. He disappeared a while ago and we believed that he is staying here.”

            One maid walked with us to the back kitchen. “Please, sir, lady, I only have a little while. Kindly hurry.”

            Yoona spoke. “Is there a filming crew that has lived here for the past few weeks?”

            She paled. “I really cannot say.”

            I leaned in. “We’re looking for a Lee Donghae. Once we know where he is, we want to tell him that one of his loved ones is nearly at his end. I believe no matter how secret his work is, he would want to know that.”

            She looked at the two of us. Yoona nodded earnestly. She sighed. “They’re filming a television show. The Mr. Lee Donghae you are talking of did stay in one of the rooms I happen to clean. There was however, another Mr. Lee Donghwa, I believe that the crew called a proxy. I know the two traveled sometimes together, sometimes separately. And that the filming has moved onto Paris. Please, I need to go back to work.”

            She pushed past us. I nodded grimly. “The third postcard was indeed form Paris. Yoona, do you want to just book a direct flight there?”

            She looked at me. “Let’s eat first then go.”

            During dinner, I made sure to look up all the possibilities of the film’s name. I came up with three hits. One was only filmed in Korea but two were international. There was a small announcement saying that soon the filming may be moving onward and I knew that we had little time left. We finished eating and once more, we were on the plane.