Chapter 27 - Task Two

Monkey Love Fishy II - Forever and Always

 

E POV

            Leeteuk was persistent with his stupid plan to make me forget Donghae. He really underestimated the power of our relationship. One day when I was sitting in my room, typing away, there was a knock on my door.

            “Come in,” I called, hurriedly saving what I had and pulling up my music composition. I pretended to be fixing the notes when I saw it was Leeteuk. My eyes flickered to his hand. Of course. He was holding a stupid index card.

            I held my hand out. “Task number two?” My tone was bitter and I was unapologetic. “Is this what you do all day? You just think of ways to supposedly help me get better? Why don’t you just give up? There’s no way Donghae is dead. And if he is, why must you make me forget him?”

            The leader sighed. “Please. Just do this, if not for yourself, then at least for my peace of mind.”

            I glanced at it. Scribbled on it were the words, “Write breakup letters to him.” I laughed. “You’re clearly insane. If Donghae is dead as you say he is, why would I have to write breakup letters to him? Shouldn’t it be goodbye letters?”

            He floundered. “I don’t think so. Goodbye letters are too sentimental.”

            “Yeah, and breakup letters are a bit too harsh.”

            “Just do it.” He left me.

            I sat down and began to spill my thoughts. I wrote to him, telling him I missed him. I wrote to him about our times together, and then because my thoughts wandered, I wrote to him, yelling at him for leaving me or at least for disappearing and not letting me know if he was okay or not.

            My words filled up pages and when I finally had an entire stack, I placed the papers into an envelope and sealed it. I wordlessly handed it over to Leeteuk-hyung. “Here, I wrote them. Do what you want with them.”

            “Did they help you relieve you of your feelings?”

            I laughed out loud. “Sure, if you say so. My hands are cramped if anything.”

            He gave a wan smile. “Then I suppose these helped a bit.”

 I shrugged. “Whatever you wish to say.”

K POV

            I came back from my schedule and saw Leeteuk in the process of delivering mail. Normally I would have blown right by but something made me stop. “Who’s care package is that? That’s like an entire manuscript right there.”

            He looked guilty and tried to hide it. I blocked the postal box. “Hand it over to me. Unless it’s a love present to your secret girlfriend.”

            Leeteuk sighed. “No. It’s actually from Eunhyuk.”

            “Oh. Why? Who is he writing novels to?”

            Our leader spoke quietly under his breath. “The second task I came up with was to have him write breakup letters to Donghae.”

            “Breakup letters? Isn’t that a tad extreme? I mean it’s not like they were on the verge of breaking up. LeiLei was the one who wanted to break them up.”

            “Eunhyuk said the same thing but I figured that the extreme would be for the best.”

            Suddenly the main point hit me. I narrowed my eyes at him and raised an eyebrow. “Wait. These tasks are yours aren’t they?” He nodded wordlessly. “Then why in the world are you mailing them?”

            There was a silence and I had a sickening suspicion that there was more to this story that he was not telling me. I grabbed the package from his hand and saw a foreign address. This one was to a hotel in Indonesia. I raised an eyebrow. “Who is this really for?”

            Leeteuk looked at me and then pulled me away. He delivered the letters before I could stop him and dragged me into his room. “Kyuhyun, what I am about to tell you will stay between us. I cannot have you telling anyone. It’s very important.”

            I sat down and waited. “They’re for Donghae.”

            My eyes bugged out. “Donghae? But how?”

            “He’s alive. He got on the wrong plane. But because of the LeiLei situation, he wants to be able to give Eunhyuk time. This is his way of breaking up with him, I suppose.”

            The relief I was feeling was quickly overcome with indignation and anger. “But that’s ridiculous! How oculd they be broken up if all Eunhyuk feels is mourning? He’s hurting. He doesn’t think they’re over! What is he thinking?”

            Leeteuk placed a hand on my shoulder. “You are the only one who would understand. Think about the jeopardy he puts them into if they continued. Think about LeiLei’s threat. How would Donghae feel if someone found out and the news spread? This is his way of redemption.”

            “Does anyone else know?”

            “The company knows and is sending Donghae to film a drama. He’s under multiple disguises. There’s a reason why we haven’t told anyone about this because we don’t want to have ot resurrect him when he comes back.”

            “So he wants to come back.”

            “Of course. This is still his career. He just wants to give Eunhyk time.”

            I laughed harshly. “How much time?”

            “Five months. He plans on coming back in time for his birthday. This is the second month. All he asks is for Eunhyuk to follow his directions and hopefully things would be better.”

            I wanted to laugh in his face. How did Donghae think this would solve anything? “Hyung, hand over the postcards. I’m going to take over this.”

            “Kyuhyun, you cannot interfere.”

            I stood up and saw the postcards. I took them and placed them in my pocket. “I think I would know what’s best for them.” 

 

This story is starting to pick up more, so I hope you will continue to support me ♥

Thank you guys. Wow, I've been here for a long time. I'm 18 today and I hope you all continue to support this story