Chapter 26 - Dulled

Monkey Love Fishy II - Forever and Always

 

E POV

            I still refused to believe that Donghae left me. Instead, I sat at my desk and continued working on his birthday present. Although his birthday was four months away, I had a large present planned and it would take as much time as I could get.

            I typed away, planning and remembering, hashing out ideas and adding in details. I knew the members had taken down the memos for me. I knew that while I was in the hospital, they took it upon themselves to clean up my room. I was too tired to argue with them.

            If they wanted to give up hope on Donghae, then so be it. I would never leave him. He wasn’t dead. I could still feel him beating in my heart. And if he were, he would have visited me when I was in the hospital. So no, I refused to believe it.

            It was painful to come back and see all memories of Donghae gone. They had only left one picture but that one picture was enough for me. I set it by my computer and talked to it whenever I could.

            “Lee Donghae, whenever you can, come talk to me okay? I refuse to believe that you would so recklessly leave me.”

            His responses were always in my head. He reassured me that he would never leave me and that I would be fine. He would be back soon, he told me. And I believed him. Because Donghae would never lie to me.

            I continued to work diligently on his present, prepared and determined to have it ready for him by the time he came back to me. I knew he was still here. Maybe Donghae was lost, or maybe he was hiding. But regardless, but I wanted him to be here.

K POV

            I peered into the room and sighed. There Eunhyuk was again, typing away on his laptop. These days he was always on, it seemed. I shook my head. This wasn’t how I wanted life to be. I knew that he was still insistent on the fact that Donghae was alive, but this was ridiculous.

            I didn’t knock and just walked in. “Hyung, you need to stop.”        

            He only turned up the music on his phone and continued typing. I knew he was purposely avoiding me. I debated as to whether I wanted to make him even madder or to just play the nice guy. I stared angrily at the back of his head before touching his shoulder.

            “Hey, what are you working on?”

            He finally looked up and immediately slammed the laptop screen down. “Nothing much. Just typing out random thoughts. What’s up?”

            His eyes were shifty and he looked nervous. I decided to play the role of an innocent. “I was wondering if you wanted to come with us and chill a bit. Maybe dance? You haven’t been to the dancing studio in a long time.”

            Eunhyuk looked as if he wanted to say no. But I pushed his rolling chair and tried to summon all the aegyo in my body. “Oh, come on, please? Let’s just go and have some fun! We’ll all be there. It’ll be fun.”

            I saw his lips move and reading it, I knew that I had said something wrong. Eunhyuk’s face shut down and he looked about to throw up. “Donghae won’t be there,” was what he said.

            I tried to swallow the sudden onslaught of tears and instead smiled cheerfully. “Come on! It’ll be fun,” I cajoled.

            He seemed to think for a long time. Finally he stood up shakily and I felt a bit of a triumph hit me. This was a setp for the better. “Let’s go, I suppose.”

 

Sorry for such a short edit.

I haven't been getting a lto of comments for this story so it's not high on my list of priorities.

I finally got into the college I wanted to, so hopefully I will have more time.

Peace. See you all at my mass update January 3