Chapter 2 - The Kiss That Never Was

Monkey Love Fishy II - Forever and Always

 

D POV

            I have a confession. We’ve never kissed. As in not once. Even though Eunhyuk has the most delicate lips I’ve ever seen. It’s not like I haven’t tried to. It’s just… he would pull away or the moment would be ruined. I knew he has insecurities but sometimes it just really bothers me. I sighed and walked into the photo shoot.

            Eunhyuk saw me and waved happily. “Donghae! Come! Look, Yesung-hyung is practicing our dance for,” he lowered his voice. “For our next album.”

            I nodded and pinched his trim waist. He squirmed and fixed me with a slight glare. “There are people here in case you forgot. Do you want to give us away even before we started?” he muttered. I pouted and walked away, my feelings genuinely hurt.

            I ran to Heechul-hyung’s protection and buried my face into his shoulder. “Ya, what are you doing here you fishy pabo?” He asked, amused.

            “Hyukkie doesn’t want me to be near him. Gosh, hyung why must he always push me away? I feel like I’m having some sort of illicit relationship and all this is because he’s toying with me. I feel like those loser guys in the dramas where you realize at the end that their partners doesn’t want to be with you. He’s always telling me to stop.” I whined.

            “Well, if he felt that way, why is he coming over this way with a plastic flower in his hand? Unless he’s giving it to me, I think you should run along to your Monkey,” Heechul smirked. I lifted my head and saw him smiling bashfully, extending out a felt rose.

            I ignored him and went back to sniffling into Heechul’s shirt. That Monkey deserves some sort of punishment for always hurting my feelings. I felt a hand tug along my sleeve. “Donghae-ah, mianhe. You know how I get. Please don’t be mad.”

            I smiled to myself and peeked out at him. He put his face next to mine and smiled his gummy smile. I stuck out my tongue and he poked my nose. Heechul unwrapped my arms from around him and waved good bye. “I don’t want to be a wall between  you two flirting. Toodles~”

            Eunhyuk took my hand and led me to the back of the room. “Here, Donghae. I’m so sorry. I didn’t mean to hurt you. You know I really love you.” I took the flower and looked at him expectantly. He leaned in slowly and my heart raced. Was this possible? Could I actually be getting my wish fulfilled?

            His face brushed past mine and he engulfed me in his hug. Disappointment tinged through me with an acrid taste. I’m never going to get that kiss am I? I shuffled my feet slightly but still clung on because it was rare for him to display such open affection. He pulled back and winked. “Come on Fishy. Let’s do this,” he grabbed my hand and we ran onto the shoot.

            It was a playful magazine shoot. I was liking this already. There was a corner labeled Eunhae, another Kyumin, Kangteuk, Hanchul, Yewook. I nodded appreciatively. Maybe we get to be honest for once?

            “So as you have probably noticed, this photo shoot is very couples oriented. I’m sure you have all heard this before. But right now, the fans are very big on couples. So I’m here to give them that service. Besides, with your new album coming out soon, isn’t this going to raise popularity?”

            Leeteuk put a finger to his lips. “Shh, the album is still kept on the down low.” The photographer blushed and nodded his apology.

            I grabbed the schedule and saw that Eunhyuk and I were scheduled right after Kangteuk. The stylists pulled us into separate changing rooms and handed a bunch of clothes. The magazine was also promoting a school uniform style, hence the preppy look. I didn’t care. I couldn’t wait to see what scenes I got to do with him.

E POV

            I gulped when I saw the plan for today. Why was everyone so clichéd and into this couples thing? I mean it was all a good idea and stuff, but seriously! Maybe I was extra touchy because I feel like everyone was one step closer to the truth. I shuddered. What if Donghae pours in his all and we were discovered?

            I shakily pulled on the plaid shirt and buttoned it, having to rebutton it three times because my fingers shook too hard. Finally Donghae poked his head through and I jumped a mile, banging my hand against the table. “Damn,” I hissed, shaking it out.

            His face creased in concern. “Let me take a look at that.” I held out my hand and he came dangerously close to me. I felt my heart at my throat and tried not to breathe in his scent. I kept my eyes cast on my slightly swelling hand. Without looking to see if anyone was looking, he raised my hand to his lips and kissed it. “There, now you’ll feel better.”

            I felt a faint tingle but walked out to the set. Kyuhyun stood in the back and wiggled his eyebrows when he saw us walk out together. I glared at him and he stuck out his tongue. I knew he felt proud every time he sees us together. It was, after all, thanks to his ingenious engineering and meddling that we ended up together.

            We walked up to each other and placed our palms against each other and I stared into his eyes. Those brown eyes that glittered and shone with happiness whenever he looked at me gazed right back. A shiver went up my spine as I realized that this was how we confessed to each other those months ago. They called for a funny scene so we linked arms and pulled away, trying to hold each other down and smiled at the camera.

            We shot a few more until I thought it was the end. But the photographer walked up to us and coughed uncomfortably. We exchanged worried glances. “Erm, this one will be a little touchy. But we decided to do it on you because you’re the chummiest couple there is. Can we have a fake kiss scene? But we’ll make it look obviously faked.”

            My heart thumped and I felt it banging against my rib cages. There was a panicked wheel running in my head going, “Let me out! Let me out!”

            “Erm, what?” I looked at Donghae, trying to see if he was nodding in agreement to my shock. But instead he was staring right at me, waiting and observing my reaction. “We can’t do that! What’s the point of doing that if it’s going to be obvious it’s faked? I don’t really want to do it with him. ” The moment the words tumbled out, I wanted to retract them.

            Donghae’s eyes shut down and his face clouded over. It remained still but I knew immediately I said the wrong thing. There was a mental scolding and I knew I had hell to pay. I replayed the words in my head. I didn’t want to do it with him. What made me add that last part?

            “Er, actually, whatever. We’re professional. We can do this, come on Fishy.” I used his nickname to see if he would soften but his eyes remained hard. He followed me back in front of the camera however.

            He laid himself down on the ground and I wondered what he was doing. But instinct tugged at me. I lowered myself next to him, but facing down, so while our bodies were a long line, my head was on top of his. Oh my gosh, I nearly fell on his face.

            The look he gave me was one that made me really want him. It was pure innocence. He stared up and smiled, as if gazing at the stars. I could see the lights reflected in his pupils. The dark iris stood out because his eyes were made lighter due to the light. His eyelashes were sprayed wide, and childlike. His thin lips curved into a happy smile and I could smell him. I always had a thing for smell. He smelled like a freshly rained on meadow and the slightly mustier smell of new leather.

            There was a tinge of regret in me when I reached my arms out for the board. I placed it gently over his face, blocking my view of the beautiful angel underneath it. He held it on his face and I leaned down, feeling slightly foolish as I kissed the wooden board. Maybe I really was missing out.

D POV

            He really doesn’t want to kiss me. I suppose I’ll leave it alone then. I mean, it was more important that I had him right? But I wanted so badly to feel the smooth graze of his lips against mine. I wanted to know how he would taste, I wanted to be able to say, I kissed the one I love the most in this entire universe.  

            I followed him to the camera and laid down on the cool floor. I wanted to see what he would do. His shadow fell over my face and I opened my eyes to see his face just mere inches from mine. Oh my goodness. It took all my willpower to not raise my head and kiss him right there. He was so yummy looking and goodness, strawberry breath was a major turn on especially when it’s coming from a person who has hair falling into his eyes like Hyuk does.

            He reached his arms out and a board was put into them. I knew what he was going to do. The disappointment that engulfed me was so strong I had to fight to not swallow on the bitterness of the feeling. I had him so close and I was going to lose the chance again. I sighed and felt the slight pressure as he pressed his lips against the wooden board. Lucky board, you lucky bastard, I raged silently. When it was over, I waited to hear him get up and yanked the board off. I jumped up from my position and caught a troubled look from Eunhyuk.

            I grabbed the board and tossed it at him. “Here, go make out with the board, since that’s what you were willing to do.” I ignored the stricken look he gave me and headed to the back to watch Kyumin. 

 

I want to say, mrslee19 thank you for your support always. ♥

To all my readers, I hope you know that I reply to your comments on the comment box. Just so you know, look for it next time if you want. 

Yep, Eunhae angst is once more starting. These adorable fools. Monkey Emoticon

Heechul, you're leaving us in a few more days. I hope you know that ELFs will always be here waiting right? Because we love you. It doesn't matter when you come back, you'll always be coming back to our love, to our embrace. Saranghae~

And Hyukkie, if you get any hotter, your wife right here is going to kill herself. I HAD AN AMAZING DREAM ABOUT HYUKKIE. It was perfectly innocent, but still XD -hopelessly in love- Monkey Emoticons