Chapter 19 - Wishes

Monkey Love Fishy II - Forever and Always

 

D POV

            I received a call on my phone by midmorning. “Yeboseyo?

            “Hyung, this is Kyu. What in the world do you think you’re doing?” He sounded annoyed and I knew why he was calling.

            “What are you talking about? I’m filming my drama right now.”

            “Don’t try to blow me off!” he sounded pissed off. “You know perfectly well why I called you. Why in the world would you just break it off with Eunhyuk? Do you know how much of a mess he is right now?”

            I sighed. “I guess I should explain. I’m sure you remember LeiLei. She has been troubling me for some days now, asking me to break things off or else she would release some pictures. You got rid of them but I think she still had some backup.”

            There was an annoyed sigh. “That evil little er. Even so, hyung, how could you do this to Eunhyuk-shi? He’s so heartbroken.”

            I nearly choked on my own regret. “Tell him not to cry,” I whispered. I made a rash decision as I pictured him broken. “Tell baby not to cry. I’ll be home soon.”

            “You’re going to fix things aren’t you?”

            I thought of the consequences and the different outcomes that can happen but still knew in my heart what I would say. “Yes, I’m going to make things right.”

E POV

            I wasn’t sure how long I remained n my bed, just trying to hold on to something to keep me there, in reality. I heard footsteps, but kept my eyes closed. I didn’t want to hear anyone’s comfort. I didn’t care to hear them say that Donghae was wrong. I didn’t need to have our breakup thrown back in my face under the pretext of their sympathy.

            The bed sank and I sighed. Here was another sympathizer. A hand touched my cheek and I heard an audible sigh. I froze. I knew that sound. I slowly opened my eyes and saw Donghae looking down at me with an unfathomable expression in his eyes.

            “Hyukjae,” he whispered. Tears immediately started to form again and I closed my eyes. He shifted and lay down on the bed so that he could hold me. I shyed away but he pulled me back. “Mianhe. I didn’t mean to hurt you today. I had to film a very deep scene and I woke up and automatically got into character. I didn’t think about how it would affect you. I’m sorry.”

            I looked at him. He was staring back at me earnestly. “So, you weren’t serious about breaking up?”

            He smiled briefly. “Don’t be a pabo. Today’s our sixth month anniversary, do you remember? How could I be so heartless as to break up with you today? I would have at least waited another day.”

            I smiled slowly. He was joking with me now. The palms of his hands ran down my arm and he grinned. “So get up little Monkey. We’re going to celebrate.”

            We went out and he took me to stall after stall of delicious quick eats. I fed him happily and he laughingly placed his hand around my shoulder when a fan asked for a picture. We stayed out for a long time and when we had to head back, he took me to another small shop.

            Inside, the smell of incense lingered and a steady rhythm was tapping, the hollow sound of the gourd ringing across the room. An elderly lady greeted us and Donghae pointed at a sign. Underneath the Chinese was Korean.

            The House of Wishes. Lighting up a single candle to talk to the Heavens and allowing your purest wishes to come true. With the power of nature and your soul, the candle flame serves as a medium as which your deepest desires would be communicated to the Fates.

            Donghae whispered, “Light a candle, Hyukkie.” We paid for our candle and walked out to a pond. I walked across so that we were facing each other. The candle flame danced across his beautiful face and he smiled.

            I whispered my wish to myself and I watched him close his eyes and do the same. We both looked up and blew the candles out. His smoke wavered to my side and I inhaled the musky, woody tones, already tasting Donghae and all of his wishes.

            “Come on, let’s go back.” He took my hand and we bowed at the ahjumma. When we got back to the dorm, the other members were asleep.

            We lay on the bed, staring at the other. I reached a hand out and traced his lips. His hand ran down my jaw.

“You’ll be leaving tomorrow but I’ll be by your side soon,” he promised.

            “I love you, Donghae,” I told him. He didn’t answer. Instead, he leaned forward and pressed his lips against mine, showing me of his love.

             

 

HAPPY EUNHAE DAY.

Sorry this was so short but I hadn't planned on updating today. But I have to because it's Eunhae~

7/18

Monkey Emoticons