Chapter 17 - Victory

Monkey Love Fishy II - Forever and Always

 

D POV

            It was hard to push him away. The drama made things easier because I could always pretend to be busy, but at times, I just didn’t want to. I sometimes wanted to take the risk and have her just try and dare expose us to the world. But that wasn’t a risk I was willing to take for Hyuk’s career.

            I made a conscious decision to stay away from him as much as possible. It was hard. I had just finished filming and was taking a break, resting in the shade. Ivy stood next to me and tugged on my black feathers.

            “Wow, Donghae, this costume is so cool. You really look like an evil demon.” She bore her teeth and hissed at me. I grinned and spun around, only to stop when I saw a familiar figure make his way towards me. It was Eunhyuk and he was carrying two bags of bubble tea. He was smiling and waved at us happily.

            I cursed to myself. Why was he here? Didn’t he have a schedule? From behind him, I saw Henry and Kyuhyun run around the gardens, ducking under the arches, playing and laughing as they avoided the cameras.            

            “Donghae! I brought you something to drink.” He took out cups of bubble tea from the bags and gave one to Ivy. “Wow, you all look so good. I love this set.” He looked around with a childlike awe.

            Ivy giggled and nodded. “I like him,” she said to me in Chinese.

            He turned and seemed to understand because he became animated. “You. Like me? Like me? I like you too! Hello, how are you doing?” He started blabbering and I laughed, casually walking away.

            I watched them from afar as I entertained the other members. They were all congratulating me on the drama and talking to the staff. I glanced back and saw that Hyuk and Ivy had now moved on to start playing games, laughing as they did it.

            I felt my heart constrict as I thought of the threat that LeiLei had issued the other day. She had sent me repeated warnings and I had tried to heed them but Eunhyuk made the task nearly impossible. My phone was filled with her spam and I knew that she would not stop until I finally broke all ties with Eunhyuk. To say that I hated her was an understatement.

            My phone blipped again and I stared at it. Across the screen was a photo of the two of us holding hands, and we were smiling intimately at one another. Watch yourself. I know that you haven’t tried to terminate your relationship. Keep in mind that I still have evidence. –L

            My hands went clammy and I quickly deleted the text. I looked up at him once more and saw that he was showing her different dances. When he saw me looking, he stopped and waved. I grinned weakly back before turning to pointing out different parts to Kyuhyun.

            They left earlier, which was great for me. I didn’t really know how I would handle this. I stepped away from the set and tried to think of ways to break it off with him. They were going back to Korea in two more days. All I had to do was get past these few days and everything would be fine. I knew that all I had to do was avoid letting her see us together and maybe things would go back to normal in Korea.

            As I was walking up the stairs, a dark shadow descended and LeiLei came to stand in front of me.

LeiLei

            I waited all night until Donghae came home. In my hands was the USB drive where I had saved all of my evidence. I knew precisely what he had planned to do. He wanted to wing these last two days before going back and continuing. As if I would be stupid enough to let him do that.

            His pretty eyes grew round and I chuckled. “Really, Donghae. Did you really think I wouldn’t have saved myself a backup when I deleted the one on my computer?” His mouth opened and closed, not attractive.

            I sneered at his naiveté. I waved the USB in his face. “If you think for a minute that I would let you off the hook and go back to Korea and be fine, you must be really be stupid or you must think I’m stupid.” I leaned in. “Unfortunately for you, I am not.”

            He kept quiet and I wanted to punch him. Damn him for making this not fun.  I smirked. If that’s how he wanted to do it. “By tomorrow three o’clock, if I don’t get proof or indication that you two are over, this little baby will be sent to the sources. And I know you wouldn’t want that.”

            He grit his teeth. “What do you want me to do? Have a public fight?”

            I grinned. “Course not. Then my threat would have been fruitless anyway. I want you to do it, let him hurt a bit and record it. It’s quite simple. I don’t ask for much.”

            He stared at me and nodded. “Tomorrow. I’ll do it by then. Just give me some time.”

E POV

            The next morning, I woke up and found Donghae staring at me. I waved a hand in front of his face and he didn’t even blink. His face was creased slightly and not even my mehrong face could get him to smile. I pouted.

            That caused him to stir. He slid his hand over mine and gently pushed it away. “Not today.” His hands moved underneath the pillow and then his tone became harsh.

            “Not today. Not ever. Stop it, Hyukjae. Everything has been a mistake. You’re right. We aren’t ready for this. We can’t do this to our members. I’m sorry. But I think we need to stop this before anyone gets hurt. I’m sorry.” He closed his eyes as if he didn’t want to see me.

            I felt a torrent of hurt, of anguish because I was waiting for this. I was waiting for him to see that our relationship was dangerous. I tried to show him but all those times when he had resisted, I becamse lulled into a false sense of security, thinking that maybe, just maybe, everything would be okay.

            I gripped the sheets tightly and wanted to keep from crying. There was a dip in the bed as his weight shifted over. “Eunhyukkie?” he whispered and his voice was painfully soft, excruciatingly gentle. “Mianhe.” Then he rolled off the bed and I had lost him.

D POV

            He was close to tears, and so was I. But I slipped out of the bed and took with me the recorder. The red light was still blinking as it saved the dialogue that had just occurred. Later, I would tell him to pretend that we had broken up because I needed it for the drama. Later, I would make everything alright.

            But for now, I had to make sure we were more careful. I didn’t want to tell him about LeiLei because that would cause him to freak out on me. And then I would truly lose him forever. So for now, I eased out of the room slowly and walked down the stairs. I poked my head into LeiLei’s dorm and threw the recorder on her bed. Take that you witch. 

 

School's ending. So that means I will have more time to write and update.

Thanks for reading and PLEASE comment.