Chapter 12 - Say Cheese!

Monkey Love Fishy II - Forever and Always

 

E POV

            I was thoroughly excited for the next day. Not only would Donghae be home, but we would be able to spend time together. He bounded into the kitchen with a large tray and cocked his head to the side.

            “Rise and shine, Monkey! Time for you to eat something I made for you! Look, the waffles are shaped in a monkey. Eat up!” he was enthusiastic and was close to knocking over the orange juice when I steadied him. Aish, this fishy.

            He plopped on the bed and stared at me as I ate. “Have some. You’re making me feel self-conscious. Look away, ya!” I laughed when his hands reached out to steal the last remaining strawberry.

            “Hyukkie, what are we going to do today?” he placed his cheek on his fist and looked at me.

            “Want to explore the city with me? The others are going out!”

            Donghae shook his head and pouted. “Can we stay home? You already get to explore and I see things when I’m filming. I want to stay home with you for a while at least. Please?”

            I glanced out the door. The clouds were starting to form and I knew that it may rain. My gaze dropped back down to the eager fish beside me. “Fine, fine. We’re staying home. But you have to provide the entertainment!”

            Donghae grinned. “No problem! We’re going to have a video game contest, then we’re going to go out to karaoke. Okay? We can go with the rest of them when they come back. But for now, let’s just play video games!”

            I grabbed the console and plugged it in. “Bring it on!”

D POV

            I grabbed the other console he offered me and smiled. Eunhyuk was just being himself, silly and competitive. We sat in front of the television for hours on end until our fingers were sore and our eyes were numb from staring. I turned off the screen and plopped down on the couch.

            “I’m tired,” I whined, pulling on his shirt, wanting him to pay some attention to me.

            He got up and rolled his eyes. “I’m going to make some dinner okay?” Suddenly the front doors slammed and the rest of the members came in.

            “No need! Henry raided the entire food stand downstairs. We have goodies for all to eat!” Zhou Mi shouted. I grabbed Eunhyuk’s hand and pulled him down with me. We arrived just in time to see Ryeowook setting the plates. They were all chattering excitedly about their day in the beautiful markets.

            When we were done eating, there was a knock on the door and I went to open it. Standing in the hallways was LeiLei. Immediately, I knew my facial expression soured because she backed away slightly.

            “Annyeong, oppa. I just came over to invite you to the karaoke downstairs. A bunch of the managers will be there too.” She smiled sweetly. Kyuhyun appeared behind me and his arm reached to close the door.

            “No thanks, I know what you want to do,” he snarled. I turned to look at him with a puzzled expression. They had a mini showdown for a second and I watched the hate pass back and forth.

            Then I remembered the task at hand. Invitation to karaoke, right. Ryeowook came over and he bowed politely. “Hey, why are you here? We have some leftovers if you want to eat. Sorry for that, we didn’t realize you would be coming.”

            “Ah, oh no. I just wanted to say some of the managers are coming over and we’re going down the street to the new karaoke. I thought we should invite you too. Yoona-unni can come too if she likes.”

            “We would love to! Hold on while I get the rest of them. We’ll meet you downstairs in a few!” Once the invitation was accepted, I forced out a sigh. Of all my luck.

            All the rest of them were up for it. But Eunhyuk held me back. “Would it be rude if we decided to stay at home?” he whispered.

            Henry took hold of both our shoulders, oblivious to our emotions, and Congo lined us down the hall, “Come on gege! Time for us to go sing our hearts out!” in by our little brother’s enthusiasm, we had no choice but to follow.

            Things started out quite awkwardly. The managers were happy and boisterous and soon the soju started to flow. I stayed away from it because I knew that Hyukkie would hate to have me drunk. We sipped at our soda and sang along happily.

            Ryeowook had drunk a couple bottles and was belting out a classic Theresa Tang song with great passion. He started doing splits and a very embarrassed Sungmin dragged his dongsaeng back to the couch. I sat, huddled with Eunhyuk on the armchair, and we laughed at the antics of our members.

            Henry couldn’t hold his alcohol so he stayed sober as well. When the lights got dimmer, I snuggled against Eunhyuk and started blowing on his fingers. He slapped my hands away and whispered, “Someone can see.”

            I shrugged, feeling slightly lightheaded. What happened? “It’s okay. They won’t look. I promise. I just want to spend more time with my Monkey. Why won’t you want to play?”

            He gave me a funny look. “You’re not drunk are you? You didn’t drink!”

            I laughed. “Of course not silly. Come on. Play with me.” I tilted his chin up and blew a raspberry against his cheek. Eunhyuk giggled and he started tickling me. I pulled at his cheeks and he poked my ribs. Somehow he had ended up in my lap. I was getting really lightheaded.

            I pulled him in by the collar and brushed my lips against his, hearing him gasp and pull away after a few seconds. He jumped up and walked away, turning on the lights. “Guys, let’s go now.” His tone was urgent and he looked uncomfortable. I sighed, knowing that once more it was my fault.

            The headache was starting to subside and I felt myself return a bit to normal. I thought back to what I had just done and cringed inwardly. We were in a very public area, no wonder he was freaking out. The other members groaned, and slowly released from their hangovers. Kyuhyun grabbed the door and pulled it open, the cool air a welcome change. It was only when we left the place that I looked around and realized our host wasn’t there. LeiLei was gone when we were leaving.

LeiLei

            I grabbed my camera out and pursed my lips, browsing through the multiple pictures and video files I have taken and recorded. Even in the dim lighting, there was no mistaking who they were, the strong angular profile against the handsome features.

            I watched as their hands played with one and another and felt a bitter bile rise in my throat. After years of wanting Eunhyuk, seeing this was a slap in the face. I never knew he felt this way. I had always wanted some sort of reciprocation. But now, I was here to do my duty and break them apart. I’m sure Jessica would approve as well.

            The video clip began and I watched in disbelief as Donghae grabbed the latter by the collar and pulled him in for a quick kiss. I jumped out of the way when I saw Eunhyuk get up, rushing to hide my prize. I hadn’t realized at the time that I had gotten this. In fact, I wasn’t even sure what I was looking at when I had recorded this. I was too busy trying to get out before anyone saw me.

            I rewound and watched those three seconds over and over, laughing to myself. With this out, there would be no way these two won’t fall. I placed the camera by my laptop, prepared that after my schedules this morning, Eunhae would be on their way to death.

            When I had invited them to karaoke, I knew I had to make sure I was careful. I wanted to get Donghae or Eunhyuk drunk enough so that they would both act stupid. At first I panicked. But then I realized, if they weren’t going to voluntarily drink, I will make sure they drink. Whenever they placed their cup down, I would casually slip in flask after flask of masked alcohol. The smell never got to them. I didn’t know what I was expecting, but this is pure gold. I clutched the camera to me and smiled. Life was good. 

 

AFF really isn't working. I cant' sign on and it's so frustrating. But it's okay. Because I'm writing this story and I'm writing and it's fantastic.

I think it's obvious that the drama is really starting to build by now. There's going to be so much more angst, so much of it. I promise. I love the LeiLei death threats because it means that I wrote her well enough for you all to hate her, and that is fantastic. To all my Kyuna shippers, I'm currently trying to finish up Caught in Between. Feel free to check that story out. 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p_LJUjc6oDE&feature=player_embedded this is an amazing Eunhae tribute ♥