Chapter 11- Phone-y

Monkey Love Fishy II - Forever and Always

 

K POV

            When I got back to my dorm, I opened the door to my room and nearly had a heart attack. Yoona was sitting on my bed, flipping through my notebook. “Nice Chinese handwriting you have here, oppa,” she teased me with a grin.

            “Hey, give that back!” I tried to snatch it from her but she held it away. Psh, as if height would be a problem. I got on the bed and pinned her down, feeling the satisfaction of having her squeal and beg for me to get off. I grinned and took the notebook away.

            Becoming serious once more, I told her about LeiLei and what had happened the other day. Yoona flopped back on the bed and looked at me. Her face registered both concern and disbelief.

            “No, I don’t think Sica-unni has anything to do with it.”

            I shrugged. “You saw her. That woman is capable of anything and everything. Don’t pretend like it’s nothing new. Come on. This is too coincidental. There’s no way this witch will show up out of the blue if Jessica hadn’t told her.” I crossed my arms, daring her to argue.

            “She’s busy preparing for the baby! She is happily married to Tom; there’s nothing to worry about! Ya, believe me!” Yoona shouted, still defending that hapless blonde. Not wanting to start a fight, I ceded. I’ll prove you wrong.

Y POV

            I was worried. Could he be right? I didn’t want to think that my unni would pull something like this again, but I didn’t believe it last time either. Kyuhyun seemed to sense my hesitation and awkwardly came closer. “Aish, it’s going to be okay.” He hugged me.

            I pulled away and planted my fists on my hips. “Well, at this moment, we have a mission! We have to sneak down there and check her phone. But the problem is, how? I’m going to take her out I suppose, lunch with old friends? No, she’ll always carry her phone. Aish! Maybe, I can distract her? The problem is her phone will always be on her.”

            He sat on the bed and thought. “How does she always get Eunhyuk’s phone? I think if we can get her to hand it over to us for a second, I’ll be able to switch memory cards.”

            I sat down next to him and knocked on his temple. “Well, Mister Schemer, I think you’re forgetting something. Do you have a plan of getting this phone floating somewhere in your genius of a noggin?”

            He grinned at me and whispered, “That’s where you come in, my deer.”

            I looked at him and crossed my eyes. “Did you just call me that?”

            He looked innocently back. “What?”

            “You called me a deer!”

            He grinned evilly. “At least this time I didn’t mention the fact that you’re an old grandma deer.” He guffawed loudly as I tried to hit his arm.

            “Anyway, the plan is this: We’re going to need a distraction. Somehow, you need to enter her dorm, and tell me where her phone is. If it’s on her, get it off and put it someplace near the door, but discreetly, of course. Anyway, take her deeper into her room and keep talking. I’ll hear you from outside and take the phone. The next problem is the memory card. I can easily take out the SIM but then she would catch on, she’s really not that stupid. But I think if we’re able to replace it with a crack SIM, then everything would be fine.”

            I looked at him. “Where are you going to get this fake SIM card? And wouldn’t it be suspicious? She knows that you’re onto her. If something happens to her phone, wouldn’t she first suspect us?”

            He shrugged and pulled out a SIM card. “This is why we have to make sure you distract her long and hard. I’m going to copy the majority of her information into this empty card and then switch it. It’s going to take a while because I need to save her information on my disk, and then switch using my laptop. I need to be able to work efficiently outside her room. It’s a good thing the other hyungs are out shopping because if any of them walked in, I wouldn’t care to explain. So do you have a plan?”

            My mouth went dry. How in the world? But I couldn’t let my oppas down. I thought of Eunhae and of the love they have for each other and nodded. “Yeah, I got this. But if you ever hear me scream ‘save my life,’ then know that somehow you’re in trouble. You should just take her phone then. Screw the suspicion. We have a job to get done. When you’re done, just run up the stairs really loudly and I’ll know it’s safe to end.”

            He patted my head. “That’s my scheming Yoona.”

            I watched anxiously as he slid his netbook under his arm and drew a hoodie over his face. I rolled my eyes. “As if people can’t recognize you already.” He stuck out his tongue before continuing. He took the memory disk and slipped it into his pocket.

            We walked down to LeiLei’s dorm and I peeked in, praying that she would be there. She was. Music blared from her speakers and I had to knock three times before she came to the door. “Yoona!” she looked thoroughly surprised to see me. I stepped in before she could walk out and see Kyuhyun at the end of the hallway.

            She looked at me with a slightly puzzled smile and I grinned broadly back. “It’s so good to see you! I have to film a commercial in Taiwan and Sica told me you were here. So here I am! Besides, I like to visit my Super Junior oppas. But you must tell me the entire scoop! You must! I want to know everything about how it is to live with them!”

            I pushed her even deeper into the room. “So, where’s your phone? I want to see your contacts.” Before she could think it was creepy, I winked. “Because I know my oppas can be sly. They tend to lie and give out wrong phone numbers and maybe one of them decided to pull a prank on you!”

She laughed nervously before taking out her phone. I took it from her and tried to peer out the crack in the open door. I saw Kyuhyun’s dark head nod slightly as he understood what I was trying to do. I scrolled through the numbers casually before throwing the phone on the bed and throwing my arms around her.

“Come on, let’s go catch up!” I half dragged her into the kitchen and plopped down on a chair. “Let’s make something to eat and just have fun gossiping. I mean, it’s nice to hear things from someone else’s mouth for a change. Tell me; is Eunhyuk-oppa really as dirty as they say?”

I got up and started slamming cupboards, trying to mask any sounds Kyuhyun may make. I took out cups and a container of hot chocolate, clattering the dishes and noisily heating the water. “Share with me!”

I must have been super enthusiastic because LeiLei grinned. Or maybe I had hit the jackpot in subjects to talk about. “Aish, everyone makes fun of oppa for his hygiene, but he really smells good. I stand near him during the interviews and practically inhale his cologne. Besides, he’s a dancer. He’s supposed to sweat.”

I nodded, pouring the water and serving the drink. “Like whipped cream and marshmallows?” She nodded. “Go on,” I slid in across from her and waited.

“I don’t know. I think the worst hygiene has to be Henry. But Zhou Mi can be a bit of a freak. He’s very into being clean, but he’s super nice. The one person I think is a super shocker would be Sungmin-oppa. He’s not that cute all the time. All that aegyo is reserved for the fans.”

I leaned in, pretending to be interested. “Really? No way. In all the interviews, they say the same thing too. But I always assumed they were just a bit jealous of his charms.”

She giggled. “Aniyo. He’s really manly. I think it’s really amazing. But too bad I’m a Jewel at heart.” I forced a smile. I glanced at the clock. With the making of the beverage and prodding, I had managed to kill fifteen minutes. Please, Kyu, please be almost done. Time to go in for the kill.

I lowered my voice. “LeiLei, do you think you have any chances with Eunhyuk-shi?”

She shrugged. “I really hope so. We went on two dates already. But he was a bit cold. I sort of think…” she trailed off.

“You think?” I prompted.

“Is Eunhae real? Jessica had said once that it was because it was real they were forced to separate. Apparently Donghae could not live without Eunhyuk. I believe her, but I don’t want to. So is it real? I know you wouldn’t lie to me.”

I ignored the guilt trip and answered, “Of course not. The two of them are just best friends.”

She looked relieved and I wondered how much damage I have done. Even though I was trying to protect them, I basically gave her the go-ahead. But any means is worth it, I decided. She brightened once more and leaned in conspiratorially. “What if Eunhae were real though? Would you help in exposing them?”

I looked at her, thoroughly shocked. Was she crazy? Jessica must not have told her I had helped Kyuhyun in defeating her plans. I shook my head. “It’s not true. And even if it were, why should I? They’re perfectly happy being with each other. Who am I to ruin that?”

The moment I said it, I knew relationships would turn sour between us. I prayed Kyuhyun was done. Suddenly there was a loud chirping as a phone rang. I jumped and checked my pockets, it wasn’t mine. That could only mean one thing. There was a loud curse and a very clear, very recognizable deep voice echoed. I froze and LeiLei glared at me suspiciously.

“Who’s out there?” she called. I pretended to call out as well. But there was no answer and we rushed out. I was relieved to see nobody out there and LeiLei rushed at her phone. She scrolled through some things and seemed to be satisfied.

“So Yoona, why are you here?” she asked again.

“What? I came to see a friend! I had so much fun talking to you. We have to hang out one day.” My phone buzzed at the right time and I checked it. It was a text from Kyu. I smiled up at her. “Oops, I need to go film now. I’ll see you soon Lei!” With that I ran out.

K POV

            I slipped back to put the phone back on the bed, satisfied that I had done my job right. I placed the phone on the bed and suddenly it beeped. Shoot. I forgot to turn the sound off. Cursing out loud, I realized my mistake and ran out of the dorm. There was a stomping of feet and I raced up the steps. Once there, I texted Yoona because I knew she would need an escape plan.

            I was right. A few minutes later, she ran up and was out of breath. “Oh gosh, what happened? Kyu! She suspects! You idiot!” she was mad.

            I placed a finger on my lips. “Shh, hopefully it takes a while before she notices, but for now, I’m going to tell Eunhyuk-hyung to delete his texts from Donghae. It’s too dangerous. I deleted everything that would be incriminating. But be careful now. She’ll know that you were in on this.”

            She nodded. “It’ll be fine. It’s going to be worth it at the end. I hate that she was so presumptuous. You were right. But I feel like now she would be even more determined to break Eunhae. She already knows it exists. She was just trying to gain more allies.”

            I hugged her. “There’s nothing we can do but ride this out. I’m going to try to channel her every move. If over the next three days you are here, and you can keep tabs on her, that would be the best. She may be suspicious of you, but you are to act as innocent as possible. We may even have to be apart. She hates me and will hate you by association.”

            dropped and I her cheek. “Shush, Yoongie. I know you came to see me but unfortunately, our hyungs come first neh?”

            She nodded and I gently kissed her, praying that we can keep Eunhae as happy as we are. 

 

I was rereading Monkey Love Fishy and I realized, I had changed. My style has changed and I changed as an author and I have to apologize. Now I update and am in a rush to write some other story. I don't take the time to write you guys long author notes anymore. And I suppose the lack of comments is my fault. If I don't interact with you, I should not, and do not, deserve your comments. So for that, I want to say mianhe. Monkey Emoticons Please forgive me.

I really want to take the time to thank my readers especially little_miss_pyscho for her endless support. I know you've been busy and haven't been able to read, but I look forward to your comments on this and my Kyuna as well. 

To my other readers, I love you guys.

This chapter was so much fun to write. I love love love writing Kyuna and isn't Kyu so sweet? Obviously SpyKyu is back, and this time he brought along his amazing girlfriend~

I hope you all stick around for the rest of this roller coaster drama. Like I said before, I have a triquel planned, and if given enough feedback, I will definitely write it once this story is done. Until then, next update will be soon, I promise. I finished the first one in five months and this is taking me forever. But it's because of a) longer chapters and b) school.

So hwaiting and I hope you all stay with me to the end. ♥