Shownu X Kihyun (Monsta X)

K-Pop Mpreg Moments
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Hyungwonnie wants to see the monkeys!" Hyungwon shouted a bit too close to Kihyun's ear. His voice was loud for being such a small person and it always took Kihyun by surprise even though he had raised the kid for three and a half years. He knew that he should be used to the sheer volume. Kihyun also knew that his son got that voice from him. Kihyun was pretty loud, so it was karma that he had a loud kid to match his voice. 

"Just hold on, baby. We're almost there. We have to pass through the walruses first, okay?" Hyunwoo bargained with his son, although there wasn't much bargaining as much as telling him, "I personally like the raccoons the best," Hyunwoo commented, throwing an arm around Kihyun's waist with one hand resting against his hip. It provided Kihyun a sense of comfort, the weight of his arm putting pressure into his lower back where it was currently hurting. 

"But raccoons bad," Hyungwon stated, frowning when he heard about the animal. One of his favorite cartoons depicted raccoons as the bad guys and while the animals were sneaky and had a reputation of being thieves, they're actually really nice animals. Clingy and they have prying hands, but they were sweet when domesticated. 

"Some raccoons are nice!" Hyunwoo defended, "Especially, the ones here," Hyunwoo insisted as he took Hyungwon from Kihyun's arms. Hyunwoo balanced his son in one arm and was pushing Hyungwon's stroller that he abandoned with the other hand. The young boy had grown tired of it after ten minutes of sitting in it. Leaving Hyunwoo with the large stroller and Kihyun with Hyungwon's small hand. Another ten minutes and Hyungwon was tired of walking on his feet, leading to Kihyun carrying him. 

Going to the zoo was a treat that Kihyun had convinced Hyunwoo to go to on a Tuesday afternoon when it wasn't busy. Hyungwon had been trapped at the house a lot recently and Kihyun wanted to make it up to his son, but it was proving hard to do when Kihyun was also twenty-two weeks pregnant. Kihyun wasn't too far along. Yes, he was over halfway through, but he wasn't too far along to go to the zoo with his husband and son. 

Boy, was he wrong.  

This baby was worse than Hyungwon, to an extent. Hoseok was measuring well and was healthy, not too active, but the other pregnancy symptoms were blown up tenfold. Kihyun's back was killing him and his feet hurt all the time. He had to pee just mentioning going to the bathroom or seeing water and was constantly craving different things. Migraines every other night and mood swings to pair. Kihyun had made an off-hand comment about this being their last kid, but Hyunwoo knew that it was always Kihyun's plan to have three kids. A sour tasting pregnancy would not throw his dreams away just like that. They were planning for at least one more child. 

Hyunwoo had tried to tell Kihyun that it would be difficult for him to walk for a long time at the zoo, but Kihyun insisted that he was going to be alright because he was keeping fit just by being Hyungwon's mother. Hyunwoo knew that wasn't enough but said no more lest he upset his husband. 

Hyungwon animatedly chatted Hyunwoo's ear off as he pointed at the different exhibits they passed. They had already visited them, sporadically switching between animals to Hyungwon's liking. It had annoyed Kihyun to no end, but he would never say that out loud, especially since he had kept Hyungwon at home enough with his pregnancy being an excuse. Morning sickness and nausea had been a key factor in keeping them home, Kihyun feeling too ill to leave and do much else than throw up. For once, not feeling sick to his stomach, he wanted to do something for his son and damn it he was going to finish this trip with a smile on his face and warmth in his heart. 

The family of three made their way into the air-conditioned portion of the zoo where arctic animals were kept and Hyungwon gawked at the many species of penguins that swam among the thick barriers of glass between the guests and the animals. Hyunwoo let Hyungwon put his hands on the chilled glass and prohibited him from banging on the glass, "Don't hit the glass, it scares the penguins. It's too loud for them," he explained, gently pressing Hyungwon's hand to the glass up higher where an emperor penguin swam. This caught the animal's attention as it poked its beak against the glass under water. Hyungwon shrieked in delight. 

Kihyun was starting to feel better, both due to the air conditioning and due to Hyungwon's pure elation at interacting with possibly his favorite animal. Hyungwon had a whole collection of books focused on penguins and he could name the emperor penguin by its scientific name. Aptenodytes forsteri. Kihyun had looked up the name and had spent a full hour teaching his son how to pronounce the complicated name thanks to YouTube. 

Kihyun stood by Hyunwoo's side, leaning into the larger man and wrapping his arms around his waist. Hyunwoo smiled down at his husband and the two laughed at Hyungwon as he shouted the scientific name with perfect pronunciation and flow. They had one smart child on their hands. 

"Well, long time no see!" a very familiar vo

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter