Baekhyun's story

When Chanyeol read 10080
Please log in to read the full chapter

Baekhyun felt a shiver travelling up his spine as his boxer-clad thighs hit the cold marble of the kitchen counter. He winced as he pressed the ice pack against the rapidly forming bruise on his head.

Watching Kris pace up and down the little kitchen with a stern look on his face, he couldn’t help but notice that a pissed off Kris seemed at least 10 cm taller than normal, laid back Kris.

 

With 12 young men living together under such extreme conditions, they’d all had their fair share of fights and squabbles. Every member had at least once cursed the rest of EXO to hell and back.

Getting punched in the gut was a viable substitute for an amicable pat on the shoulder, gaming nights often ended in vicious wrestling matches, and every once in a while they’d bring their makeup artist on the verge of tears after playing rough and ending up with hard-to-conceal bruises.

 

But no one had ever broken the number one rule: don’t get physical when you’re really pissed off.

The management had a very strict policy when it came to violence. That’s why Joonmyeon and Kris both watched like hawks whenever a fight threatened to get out of hand.

There had been a few close calls in the past, but Joonmyeon proved to be an excellent negotiator and when Kris stepped in, towering over whoever was threatening to throw a punch, the aggressor usually had to admit defeat, fast. The leaders took pride in the fact that no discussion had ever led to a physical fight. The members knew there’d be consequences if the management got wind of any aggressive behavior.

 

Kris was livid this had happened under his watch.

 

“You know I have to tell Sunghwan about this.”

Baekhyun’s head snapped up, immediately regretting his swift movement as the dull pounding in his skull intensified.

“Ouch… Hyung, you can’t. If the company finds out about this…”

“Then I’m sure their actions will be entirely justified. You could’ve hit your head on the sink or the tub.” Kris’ voice was cold and devoid of empathy, but Baekhyun had seen the worry and panic in the rapper’s eyes, and he knew Kris could be relentless when he felt his responsibilities were on the line.

As Kris reached for the cell phone in his pocket, Baekhyun wrapped his free hand around the older man’s wrist, tugging until Kris looked up at him.

“Call Joonmyeon first. Please,” Baekhyun implored, guessing that Kris would be hesitant to rat out Chanyeol without the backup of the other leader.

Kris paused for a moment, then put his phone away and wrapped an arm around Baekhyun’s waist, gently helping him off the counter and guiding him to his bedroom. “Let’s put some clothes on you before you catch a cold. I’ll talk to Joonmyeon later.”

“Thank you.”

“Why are you even defending the guy?” Kris asked as he closed the bedroom door behind them. “He almost cracked your skull because of… what, having to take a cold shower?”

He bent down to help Baekhyun squeeze into the outfit he picked out for the day.

The vocalist shrugged. “I don’t know if it was just that. He was acting weird during dinner yesterday as well, and when I came back in here to talk to him, he pretended to be asleep.” Baekhyun pulled down the shirt Kris had helped him put on. “He never did that before. I’m sure something is going on.”

Kris grunted as he laced Baekhyun’s sneakers, “There better be a good explanation for it.” He stood up, giving Baekhyun a once-over before looking at his watch. “Sunghwan will be here in five minutes. Now, are you sure you’re okay?’

“I’ll be fine.”

 

 

“Not here. Go sit in the front.” Kris planted his hand firmly against Chanyeol’s chest, pushing him back as he tried to take his usual seat in the spacious van, next to Baekhyun. The latter felt Chanyeol’s eyes on him, and when Baekhyun looked up, expecting to see anger or guilt, he was surprised to see a glimpse of fear and sadness in the rapper’s dark brown eyes before Chanyeol quickly lowered his head and turned around, getting into the passenger seat.

 

Baekhyun studied the hunched shoulders of Chanyeol, and even though the painful drumming in his head was giving him plenty of reasons to be angry with him, he was worried that, somehow, he had caused Chanyeol to lose it. Baekhyun racked his brain, trying to reconstruct the past couple of weeks, wondering what he could have done or said that made Chanyeol look at him that way.

 

They had gotten so close, so quickly. Chanyeol was the only senior trainee that had been truly welcoming when Baekhyun entered SM, and he would be forever grateful to him for being so accepting of all his quirks and oddities. There was something about the rapper, a sense of familiarity that made Baekhyun feel like he could let his guard down in an environment where everyone else was just brutally competitive. His own training period had been fairly short, compared to other EXO-members, and Baekhyun often found himself wondering if he could’ve lasted that long, had he entered the company sooner. He’d only ever voiced those thoughts to Chanyeol.

 

The smell of sweat and hardwood polish had become oddly familiar in the five months he’d been in the SM Trainee program.

Baekhyun pressed his cheek firmly against the floor, keeping his eyes shut and willing his body to relax, wishing he could sink right through the wood, vanish from sight, not to wake up again until –

“Hey, are you okay?’

Chanyeol’s baritone kept him back from drifting away.

“I’m fine, continue,” Baekhyun refused to open his eyes; he wanted to be left alone, to rest. There was a dull thud and suddenly he felt someone’s breath grazing over his cheek. “You do know this choreography doesn’t require you falling over and making out with the floor, huh,” Chanyeol teased.

Baekhyun looked up at the other male, whose wide grin faltered as he saw the look in the singer’s eyes. Baekhyun tried to swallow the lump in his throat, but he couldn’t stop the tears from coming and the next thing he knew, he was hoisted up by Chanyeol, who carried him princess style out of the practice room and into a deserted changing room down the hallway.

“Are you hurt, physically?” Chanyeol kneeled down in front of him after carefully putting Baekhyun do

Please log in to read the full chapter