Bom

Friendship and secrets.

Bom

Bom opened her eyes and looked around, she was in her own trustworthy room.
Flashbacks of last night popped in her head: How Dara left so angry, how she got in a huge fight with Seunghyun and how Chaerin took care of her and made tea for her before she got to sleep.
After Dara left last night because she figured out about Bom and Seunghyun all the other friends were really supportive, they told Bom and Seunghyun to just keep on dating if that would make them happy and if it would feel right, but also to really focus on their career.

Oh Seunghyun she thought. How much  misery and joy could one person give.
Last night she got in a fight with Seunghyun because of Dara. 
Bom got mad at him because he was kissing her in a non-secret place and it was his fault that Dara found out about them. All that Seunghyun said was: “I’m sorry.”  He didn’t argue back with Bom and just let Bom’s anger be unleashed on him.
Poor Seunghyun she now thought. He didn’t do anything wrong…
well maybe a little.

She rubbed her eyes and sat down in her bed, she saw her tea on the table next to the bed.
She didn’t drink it all, but she was happy that she fell asleep.
Last night was something she just wanted to forget.  
She got out of bed and looked in the mirror, her eyes were still slightly red because she cried so much and her body felt really tired. Luckily they had nothing to do in the morning and in the afternoon. 

*knock knock*
Bom looked at her door “come in”
It was Minzy who entered “Morning… i got a cup of green tea.”
Bom got a tiny smile on her face and walked to her bed to sit on it.
Minzy handed her the tea and wanted to walk out
“Hey don’t leave… let’s talk” Bom said
“Oh, ok…” Minzy grabbed Bom’s chair and sat across her “How are you feeling.”
“Pff…” Bom took a zip from her tea “Tired… and weird.”
Minzy tried to smile
“Have you spoken to Dara?” Bom asked
Minzy shook her head “I haven’t, she is in her room… Chaerin went in last night but got out in like 1 minute. I don’t think Dara wants to talk yet.”
Bom looked at her tea… “Do you think it’s wrong of me to be with Seunghyun?”
“I don’t think it is, but I also understand Dara, it must be really hard for her… seeing you with someone. But then again she shouldn’t be mad. It is your decision. Her decision was to break up with YoungBae, but nobody told her to…” Minzy took a breath “And I think that she isn’t really angry at you, but more angry of her own decision that she broke up with YoungBae oppa.”
“You really think so?”
Minzy nodded “please.. don’t think that you are doing the wrong thing, if you ask me… I think it was Dara who was wrong breaking up with YoungBae oppa.”
Bom nodded, and it gave her a good feeling “Thanks Maknea.” She said and Minzy laughed
“Minki…” Bom took a zip from her tea “If you were dating…. Would you tell?”  she looked at Minzy, Bom thought it was a mean question because she already knew the answer.
“Well…” Minzy started “It depends…”
“On what?”
“If I were you, and nothing would have happened between Dara unnie and YoungBae oppa, then yeah I would tell.”
“And if you were in your own position? I mean if you were just you…”
Minzy lifted her shoulders “I probably wouldn’t…”
“Why not?”
“Well.. I am the maknea… what would everybody think?”
Finally Bom understood why she was not telling.
She felt sorry for Minzy because she could see Minzy was so happy with Daesung but couldn’t share it with anyone.
Minzy smiled “Is the tea oke?”
“It’s great! Thanks…”
At that moment Chaerin came in. She gave a tiny “Argh” and dropped herself on Bom’s bed with her frontbody, facing the bed.
“Are you oke?” Minzy asked
“Of course not!” Chaerin had her face still in the sheets, then she looked up to look at Bom “You have to talk to Dara unnie, we are a team! Tonight we have a performance and what would you guys do? Just ignore each other?!”
“I want to talk Dara… I just don’t know how?” Bom felt a weird feeling in her stomach.
“Just tell her what you really feel, and apologise?” Chaerin suggested
Bom nodded “Your right…”
It was quiet in the room and then Minzy broke the silence “Have you talked to Seunghyun oppa yet?”
Bom sighed and looked at her phone who lying next to her bed. Then she shook her head. “I don’t know what to do… I’m dating him for 2 days now and I feel like everything around me is already falling apart.”
Chaerin had her mind on GD: what if they would figure out about us to?
And Minzy was thinking about Daesung: this is wrong… so wrong…
“Listen unnie.” Chaerin started “You shouldn’t break up with Seunghyun because of this, I mean if you just keep you work and private live separate it will turn out alright?”
Bom nodded “Yeah… I’ll give him a call later”
Chaerin looked at Bom and then to Minzy “well… I think you need some time alone, we’ll be downstairs if you need us..”
Minzy shook her head and Chaerin and she took their leave.
Chaerin was right, Bom wanted to be alone.
Bom looked around in her room and saw a picture on the table of her and the girls laughing. She got a tiny smile on her face  while she looked at it.
Bom was now thinking of all the crazy and funny times she had with the girls, and she had to admit that she did feel guilty.
Bom just wasn’t sure anymore if she would be dating Seunghyun yes or a no…
She shook her head, Chaerin was also right, she thought, if she could just keep work and private separate i would work out.
But it wasn’t that easy, when Bom was around Seunghyun, she also couldn’t resist being close with him or look at him.
And then there was… Dara…
Her friend, not just her friend… her best friend, her sister!
Someone who sacrificed her own private life for her friends.
Bom still remembered how devastated Dara was the day she and YoungBae broke up. Dara came running in Bom’s room to tell the news.
Dara also cried on the set of: ´Can’t nobody’ because of YoungBae, she had to act happy and dance but she just couldn’t. she didn’t want anybody to comfort her, Dara just wanted to be around Bom so that Bom could make her smile again.
And Bom didn’t even told Dara about her and Seunghyun, she didn’t even tell her she was in love.
After a few more thoughts Bom finally came out of her bed, even though her body didn’t feel like giving anything today,  she still had to, they had a performance tonight.
They had to perform ‘It hurts.’ Bom sighed, just thinking about that song made her cry.
Bom looked in the mirror and just wanted to punch herself. How could I made this stupid decision? Why did I fall in love? Why did I have to hurt Dara so much…?
Bom really had to hold her tears back. She closed her eyes and took a deep breath… to pull herself together again.
Then she looked away from the mirror and grabbed her phone.
She wanted to call Seunghyun but she just realised he texted her. She opened the message.

Noona, I hope you slept well… please contact me when you wake up and once again I’m sorry.”

Bom gave a smile, and but just when she wanted to dial his number she stopped. She just couldn’t do it. She went back to the text message and pressed: Answer

I slept well thank you, I call you after I talked to Dara, I’m sorry to.”

Bom felt bad for sending a message like this, but she had too. She first felt like talking to Dara before she could even talk to Seunghyun. Dara was her first priority right now.
Bom walked out of her room and walked to Dara’s room, she wanted to knock but then she stopped.
She took a deep breath and knocked.
There was no answer, Bom knocked again. “D-dara?”
But still no answer.
Bom knocked a little harder, there was still no answer, Bom just decided to enter.
She opened the door and scanned the pinkish princess room, but there was no Dara. She walked out again an walked downstairs, where she found Minzy and Chaerin eating their breakfast .
“Hmm…” Chaerin said with full, she swallowed her food “If you’re searching for Dara, you just missed her.”
“Where did she go?”
“She said something about visiting her brother…” Minzy said
“oh…”Bom felt disappointed, she finally took the strength to talk to Dara and now she couldn’t.
“You’ll see her tonight and the performance I guess…” Chaerin said
“Do You think she will come?” Bom walked to the refrigerator and grabbed a bottle of water
“Of course… it’s Dara… you know, her career is number 1.” Minzy answered
“Yeah you right…” And for the first time in her life Bom skipped a breakfast.

The girls got out of the car and in to the building of Inkgayo. Where they greeted everyone.
They went into the make up room where Dara was already getting finished.
When Bom saw her face she felt her stomach turn.
Dara didn’t notice the girls were entering because she had her eyes closed.
Bom took place next to her and she felt like looking at Dara and thought of her craziness. It made Bom laugh.
Then Dara opened her eyes and startled “ahh…”  she said shockingly
“oh sorry…” Bom said
Dara just gave her a weak smile
“ehhm…” Bom started
“We’ll talk after the show…” Dara said quickly
“Oh..” Bom knew that ‘after the show’ she wasn’t going to talk to her. Dara probably said that just to get away from talking to her now.
Bom sighed and nodded and the only ones who were talking in the room were Minzy and Chaerin.
This hurt Bom, because always it was Bom and Dara who were making fun and acting crazy.
Bom really held down her tears, she had to perform she had to act like nothing was wrong.
But it wasn’t that easy…

“Ok girls your on in 5, 4, 3, 2…” and the cameras were and all the fans faces were them.
performance:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vCAxAqTqp8A&feature=fvst
Chaerin started, followed by Minzy.
But then Dara started and when Bom heard her voice, she felt her own body weaken.
Bom knew she was going to blew this performance.
Bom started and the words didn’t came out the way she wanted it to come out. She felt her eyes water up, but she kept strong.
Then finally it was Minzy’s turn again. Bom could breathe again. And she just thought about Dara.
In how much pain she must’ve been and how Bom just hurt her more and more.
Chaerin’s part again…
Then finally Bom’s part came again “NO, way I can’t, Recognize you’re not MINE ANYMOREEE.”
And while she sung that, she thought of Seunghyun. The men she so desperately fell in love with.
She never wanted to recognize Seunghyun wasn’t hers anymore. But then she heard Dara’s voice again.
Bom felt like falling into pieces. She didn’t know what to do…
Seunghyun or Dara?

The show ended and the girls bowed for the public. Then they left and went back in the make-up room.
They didn’t remove their make up because it was really late. They just changed into different clothes and left.
Now they were all sitting in the car, but everyone was quiet. And looked out of the window.
The manager who was driving gave a camera to Chaerin. “Wanna film for 2NE1 TV?”
Chaerin took the camera and looked at it, she sighed and she put the camera away “Not now 678. Maybe another day when we are not so tired.”
“Well that’s a first…” the manager answered.

When they arrived at the house, Bom wanted to go upstairs but Dara stopped her “Don’t you want to talk?”
“Oh…” Bom felt a bit more happy that Dara decided to even listen to her “yeah…”
“Let’s go outside then?”
“Sure”
 “We’re off to bed!” Chaerin screamed from upstairs
Dara and Bom left the house and walked to the frontyard, where they took place.
there was an awkward silence…

“Ehmm.” Bom started “about last night…”
“Neh?”
Bom sighed “Dara I’m sorry… I really didn’t want you to figure out this way?”
“In what way then?”
“We wanted to tell… you know, if we would be together for like 2 weeks or so.”
“Unnie…” Dara sighed “why didn’t you tell me you were in love in the first place?”
Bom didn’t agree with her questions “Dara… you never told me you were in love with YoungBae oppa?”
Dara looked down
Bom felt a bit sorry, for bringing him up but she had to. “And I figured out about you two after a month…”
Dara still didn’t say anything
“What is it that you are really angry about?”
All of the sudden Dara’s tears broke out.
“Dara…” Bom stood up and took place next to her where she also shed a few tears
Dara sobs and looked at Bom “When I saw you with Seunghyun… I just…” She stopped and wiped her tears away “I just… regret my own decision…. I never should have left Bae…”
Bom gave a weak smile “You can still get back together right?”
But Dara shook her head “Bom, for me it’s really not that easy…”
“why?”
“I feel like I hurt the people around me…”
“You won’t Dara.” Bom put an arm around her neck “when you are with him… you won’t be hurting anyone… but when you are not with him… you hurt two people..”
Dara looked confused “who?”
“Yourself and YoungBae oppa…”
Dara looked at the ground and sighed “You’re right…”
There was another silence
“But not now Bom unnie.”
“why not?”
Dara shook her head “I just need some time.”
Bom knocked “I understand.”
Dara gave her a smile “I’m sorry unnie”
“Don’t be sorry crazy !” Bom hugged Dara
Dara broke the hug and gave Bom a mystifies look “So… You and Seunghyun oppa neh?” her eyebrows went up and down
Bom felt her cheeks burn up “n-nehh..”
“aawh! Cutaa! You’re getting shy thinking about him!”
Bom smiled “No more fighting!!” and she gave Dara  a high five
“Bom unnie… let’s tell each other everything from now on?”
Bom nodded.
After a few more jokes Bom said “Dara… I think you should at least talk to YoungBae oppa?”
Dara knocked “I know… but!!” She stood up and pointed her finger in the air “First I want to know your love story!”
“neh!” and they went inside to talk.
Bom was really happy she made up with Dara, but she didn’t thought about Minzy… another secret Bom was holding.
And Seunghyun… she still had to call him Poor Seunghyun….