Prologue: Polaroid

The Last Straw

 

prologue: Polaroid

 

 

 

“The last time I checked you’re straight.”

 

Sehun runs a hand through his hair with lips turning into a smirk. He can’t help but be amused at his friend who for over his entire existence has never once shown any sign of curiosity over his uality. It is one of the rare moments Sehun treasures. He is like watching a 3D movie of a person suffering and getting crazy little by little. Sehun thinks it’s entertaining.

“So are you done getting out of the closet?” Sehun covers his mouth so as not to produce a loud snort.

“ you.”

“I can but I don’t want to.”

“If you’re not my best friend, I could have punched you.”

“You can but you won’t” With that Sehun grins and stands up from his seat. Before he left, he leans in closer, inches away from his friend, “Go get him, lover boy.”

Sehun dashes off the room before Kai can hit him at any way possible. Frustrated, Kai stands up and tries to catch Sehun only to be stopped from his tracks as his eyes traces the approaching person. Frozen on his spot, he can feel his heart beating strongly against his chest; his hands trembling. He can hear Sehun’s word on his head repeating like a broken disk. The last time I checked you’re straight.

His eyes continues to gaze the person who is now sitting on the chair and seconds after, doe like eyes are staring into Kai’s, as if reading his soul. Kai needed to look away. For the brief time that their eyes locked, Kai already knew. He walks away from the room, took his Polaroid and secretly snap a photo.

Staring into the completed image of a boy - the narrow shoulders making him look younger for his age, the noticeable softness of his cheeks, and his trademark wide –eyed stare. Jongin realizes that his life suddenly changed because…

 

“Do Kyungsoo happened.”