My Beautiful Roommate

My Beautiful Roommate

Note: If the words are BOLDED it is spoken in English.

 

Taeyeon's POV

 

Hearing the annoying noise of my alarm clock, I reached my hand over and slammed the stupid button on the digital clock, shutting the blaring noise off. I groaned and stuffed my head under the pillow, trying to get some more sleep. That was until I heard my best friend, Yuri, knocking on my door loudly.

 

"Hurry up, Taeng, or you'll be late, again!" she yelled through the door.

 

I groaned and threw the pillow off of my head before sitting up and rubbing my eyes. Squinting, I waited until my eyes adjusted to the dimly lit dorm room before swinging my legs over the side of my bed. I walked to my closet before pulling out a pair of sweat pants and a sweater, slipping it on lazily as my eyes were still half closed.

Dragging my feet to the bathroom, I did my usual business, brushing my hair to let it cascade down my back. I washed my face and brushd my teeth before going back to my room and looking at my clock, I only had five minutes to get from one building to another in order to get to my first class. I groaned and grabbed my bag before heading to the front door.

I heard knocking again on my door.

 

"I'm already up, Yuri," I called out.

 

The person knocked again. I rolled my eyes and opened the door, expecting Yuri. But, to my surprise, it was no Yuri. In fact, it was better than Yuri. A girl with curly black hair and bangs was in front of me, holding a couple of pink luggage. I blinked my eyes, once, twice, to make sure this wasn't a dream.

 

"Hello," the girl spoke in a husky voice that made my knees go weak.

 

The girl reached out her hand. I looked down at it before placing my hand in hers and shaking her hand. Her skin was so soft. It was like a baby's. A really hot baby's.

 

"Hello," I said in Korean as I furrowed my eyebrows.

 

The girl seemed to hesitate on what to do before she pulled out a piece of paper from her pocket. Unwrapping the paper, she handed it to me. Reading it, I realized it was a letter from the school. Apparently her name was Miyoung. It sounds beautiful, just like her.

 

I looked up from the paper, "Hwang Miyoung?" I asked.

 

She shook her head and frowned, "Tiffany Hwang." she replied.

 

"Ti-Tip-pani?" I stuttered, trying to say the weird name.

 

A giggle came from her lips, and it was like heaven to my ears. "Tif-fany," she repeated, emphasizing the 'F'.

 

"Tippani." I replied, yet again failing. She giggled again before shrugging her shoulders as if to say, 'Whatever'.

 

I smiled at her before pointing to myself, "Kim Taeyeon."

 

She smiled back at me, and I was surprised to see her eyes turn into perfect crescents as she showed off her perfect set of teeth. The blood pounded in my ears as my heart continued to pump quickly. I moved away from the door a bit and let her in. She entered the room, setting down her bags near the bunk bed. She turned to me with a questioning face before pointing to the top.

 

I'm guessing she wasn't used to Korean, "English?" I asked her.

 

She nodded before pouting adorably. I walked over despite my heart wanting to jump out of my chest. I pointed to the bottom bunk, "Mine," I said, hoping she would get it.

 

Thankfully, she nodded and understood me, at least I hope she did. I was still fangirling over the fact that this beautiful lady was my room mate. I've been lonely for the past year. I looked at the clock then I realized I was late. I widened my eyes and Tiffany looked at me.

 

"Er.." I started out, trying to remember how to say 'late' in English. "Class!" I spoke out before quickly running to the door.

 

I heard her giggle once more before I closed the door, starting to run down the dorm hallway and out the building.

 


 

Reaching my current class, I entered breathless. Immediately, I heard my group of friends giggling silently.

 

I bowed to the old man standing at the front of the classroom, "I'm sorry I'm late." I apologized.

 

The professor waved his hand, "Just sit down, Ms. Kim. I already marked you as tardy," he spoke before raising an eyebrow, "Unless you have an excuse?"

 

I shook my head as I sat beside Yuri, "No excuse," I replied honestly.

 

"Very well," he responded before continuing with class.

 

I felt Yuri poke my side, causing me to jump a little. I glared at her before she raised her eyebrows at something. I furrowed my eyebrows in confusion before she pointing with her hand to the front door. Turning my body, I saw the familiar girl with the perfect smile standing there.

 

"Tippani?" I questioned out loud. 

 

Tiffany looked over at my direction and smiled before waving. I unconsciously smiled back and gave a slight wave before the professor noticed the angel at the door.

 

 

"Ah, you must be Miyoung," he spoke in perfect English, I raised my eyebrows at his English.

 

 

Yuri nudged me, "We're in English class, you idiot." she whispered before pinching my thigh. 

 

I slapped her hand away and pouted, it's not my fault I forgot what class we were in. I turned my attention back to Tiffany, who bowed, "It's Tiffany, actually," she spoke in her husky voice before giving the old man one of her eye smiles.

 

I could literally feel my heart getting poked at. I looked around and noticed all the boys, and girls, were staring at this wonderful creature Mother Nature has gifted us with.

 

"Well, you can sit with anyone you want, although I don't think you know anyone here yet," he spoke. I barely knew what he was saying, only catching easy words.

 

Tiffany's head automatically turned to me before she smiled again, "I'll sit with Taeyeon," she spoke, but this time I knew exactly what she said.

 

I suddenly felt everyone staring at me, giving me death glares. I smiled a little as Tiffany walked over to my table. I kicked Yuri's shin, telepathically telling her to move her seat so Tiffany could sit next to me. Fortunately, Yuri did move, but not before giving me the, 'I'll get you later' look.

All through out class, I couldn't concentrate as the aroma of Tiffany's perfume filled my nostrils. It was a vanilla scent, which I loved. I absolutely loved. But, I tried my best to focus on the worksheet we were working on, trying to translate English words to Korean. The only words I finished were 'Hello' and 'Fool'.

 

Suddenly, I felt Tiffany move closer to me, she looked at my paper before looking up at me, "Help," she asked, although it sounded more like she ordered.

 

I reached over and took her paper, and she had exactly the words I had done. I let out a little chuckle, we were both useless. I looked over at her face and shrugged, causing her to pout. An idea came to my mind before I pulled out my phone, opening a translating app. She looked at me and I looked at her, she smiled at my smart idea before I started typing.

We finished the paper together before passing it in to the professor, who immediately graded it and gave us back the sheets, both with a perfect score on top.

I raised my hand for a high five, and Tiffany didn't hesitate to gently slap her hand against mine with a sly smile on both of our faces. Tiffany giggled as we headed to our seat and my ears started to tingle. I looked around and noticed people looking at me with jealousy. Haha, I get to live with Tiffany and they don't!

 

"Good job," she spoke lowly in Korean.

 

I looked at her with a smile on my face at her broken Korean. She blushed and covered her face with her hands, covering the pink tinge. I let out a soft laugh before repeating what she said in my more experienced Korean. She peeked at me through her fingers before revealing her perfect face and smiling at me.

I gave her a thumbs up before the professor dismissed us.

 

I know for a fact that this semester will be the best one of my life.