Chapter 12

My Idol Boyfriend
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A/N: Long Chapter ahead!!!

------------------------------------

Saengil chukha hamnida - Happy birthday

Majayo - That's right

------------------------------------

You were in the van with Junmyeon, Baekhyun, Chanyeol, Kyungsoo, Jongin and Sehun, along with Hyun Kyun who drove all of you from their dorm to the SM Building. It was already 8.30 pm and the birthday party will start in an hour’s time.

When all of you reached the front of the building, you were the first one who alighted to make space for the boys to walk while Hyun Kyun will drive to the parking lot at the back. There were murmurs about the new face they’ve never seen before, you could even hear soft whisperings and bashing exchanged all around but you braced yourself, assuring yourself mentally that this will soon be over when they got used to you, knowing you’re just another new staff. The moment the six figures got down the van, fans gathered outside the building started screaming and taking pictures, shoving presents to the two male.

The moment the seven of you got inside, Junmyeon lightly patted your arm and gave you a comforting yet apologetic gaze while you just shook your head, assuring him you’re fine.

“Alright, you all should go and touch up your make-up. I’ll go and check if everything is being set up and make sure the preparation is already done. I’ll find all of you later.” You hurried them away as you pushed them in the direction headed to the elevator.

“Alright, alright! You’re such a nag, ahjumma.” Baekhyun joked and gave you a mischievous grin.

You shot him a look before telling them in a calm tone, “Call me if you need anything.”

Kyungsoo stranded behind the boys like a little kid. While the boys were engaged in their excited chatters, he turned to you suddenly and said monotonously in a soft voice, “You’re okay? What happened just now might just as well be the tip of an iceberg. Are you going to quit just like that? You’re stronger than this.”

You shook your head with confidence. “I won’t. You probably influenced me with your power.” You replied with a big smile plastered on your face.

“I didn’t give you permission to flirt me.” He rolled his eyes. “Anyway, don’t forget our deal. Unless it’s regarding work, stay away at least five feet from me.” He said before running to catch up with the boys.

You sighed and smile. Not knowing if you should be happy that Kyungsoo is concerned about you or sad that he still wants the five feet distance. As the elevator door shut, you whipped out your phone to call Minseok.

“Yeoboseyo?” He answered cheerily, his voice as angelic as always.

“Minseok oppa, we just reached SM building. Has the cake arrived? Have you checked if the video is still working? Is the sound system alright?” You shot your questions anxiously. You didn’t want anything to go wrong with the surprise.

On the other side, Minseok laughed a little before answering your questions. “Don’t worry, Ji Yoon. The video is still working the last time I checked, which is just before you called. The cake hasn’t been delivered but Luhan called and they said it’s coming over in fifteen. The sound system is perfectly fine, Yixing and Chen is playing around with the speakers and dancing to the music.”

“Dae~ Gamsahamnida, Minseok oppa. I’m just really nervous. I’m more at ease now, knowing you’re taking care of the things so well.” You thanked him earnestly, a smile creeping onto your face.

“No worries, Kris and I will ensure the dorm will be decorated and cleaned up for the surprise later on. Remember to alert me at least five minutes before you reach our dorm.” He reminded gently.

“Oh right! I will. Thank you so much. I gotta go now, oppa. See you later!” You giggled excitedly before hanging up the call.

You went to the venue to make a last round of check. The stage has been set up, the balloons have been placed, the microphones are working, and the speakers work perfectly fine. The two cakes have just been delivered and you went to wash the plastic knives just in case it got contaminated.

Everything was in place and it is just thirty minutes to the start of the party. Hyun Kyun has been doing the admin matters and briefing the staff about the event, doing all the more complex and higher order work.

You headed to the room, checking on your six gorgeous idols. You knocked on the door before coming in. “Are you all ready?”

“Absolutely!” Chanyeol shouted and pumped his fist into the air.

“All of you are stunning as ever.” Your eyes lit, unable to hide your fangirl inside you.

“I almost forgot you’re a big fan of us.” Chanyeol winked, his ego egging him.

“Come on, hyung. Let’s practice our opening. I’m so excited and nervous that we’re going to be the emcee for Kyungsoo hyung and Jongin’s party!” The maknae squealed in a slightly trembled voice as he tugged on Chanyeol’s sleeve.

You gave him a warm smile before tiptoeing to pat his shoulders. “You’ll be fine, Sehun-ah.”

“Aww noona! Hearing your encouragement, I think I’ll be the best emcee of the year already.” Sehun cooed and grinned playfully.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter