Heart

Priorities

Just wanted to say, thank you. Really. Loves to you~
haha, enjoy. 

 

 


Priorities - Epilogue

Meow~”

Sunggyu shuffled beneath his blankets, a spring sun settling in through his curtains. Feeling oddly cold, yet hot at the same time, an annoying thought yet he bared with it as he continued a rather useless fight against the morning sun.

Time to wake up, nya!”

His alarm clock shouted cute encouraging words in some character’s voice actor Sunggyu liked, and he gently pressed his finger to the top button, stopping the calls and sat up. Grumbling in denial, he stood up anyways and made his way toward the bathroom. Walking out of his room to see the overhang of the one-walled hall on the top floor, looking into the living room. There another figure sat completely oblivious to his presence, intently staring at the computer screen with headphones on and maybe working. Sunggyu couldn’t tell for sure.

He yawned, again, and turned to his left to go into the bathroom. Running the tap and flinging the towel over the door, he let it open, not really caring either or. Stripping down and going under tepid water. Scrubbing lightly away his lingering sleep and fatigue, prepping himself for another day.

After about his usual time to shower, he got out to dry off and change, letting the towel sit on his shoulders catching the drops from his hair. Brushing his teeth in a lazy fashion, scratching his stomach while at it. He was still kind of tired, his eyes droopy and he willed away his thoughts of more rest. Spitting out the foam and rinsing thoroughly with mouth wash and water.

He came back into the overhanging platform with a new black t-shirt and some regular dark jeans. His partner’s sense of fashion rubbing off on him, yet he didn’t mind. It was a nice color, but he did occasionally wear some sort of light. Usually paler colors and white, graphic tees were a sometimes too. Just for his favorite things.

Walking down modern stairs and putting on the slippers at the bottom, making his way beside his partner and smiled.

“Morning.”

The other mumbled back a fast reply, moving the pen on his tablet slowly and completely focused on whatever. Sunggyu looked at the screen to see him at the rooftop at that one sunset. Only his shadowed silhouette was visible behind the red sun, but it looked nice nonetheless. Scoffing in a joking manner, he placed a fast kiss onto the other’s cheek and maneuvered out of the little space toward the kitchen. Grabbing himself some tea.

Mint green tea, china tips, with a hint of chrysanthemum as the boost.

Picking up the white mug, shaped as a square and the plate under another square, he traced his steps back to his own desk spot. Sighing and putting the cup down to brew. Looking to the right, he saw his latest work, wondering on how to continue it.

His desk was no longer kept clean as before, since he couldn’t be bothered to be organized while painting. Little paint tubes scattered about; some rolled up and others slightly used. Paintbrushes stuck in the plastic cup and pallets here and there. A dirty apron hanging by the little hook on the corner of his desk and many different newspapers all over the floor and his desk.

Picking up his drink, he thought he’d rather not paint right now, sipping idly while spinning in circles of his office chair. He had two chairs behind the desk, one stationary while his office chair swiveled and turned away.

He booted up the computer, ready to go off and surf the web when a pair of arms slipped past his neck and hugged him from behind. Laughing, he put his cup down in a safe spot before it could be knocked over.

“Morning Gyu,” the other responded fully, fatigue lacing his words and slumping them together somewhat.

Sunggyu sighed, taking the arms off and turned around, the other plopping his front flush against his own. “Did you stay up editing again, Myungsoo?”

“Yes…” the photographer grumbled, hugging Sunggyu again while the other laughed. A cheery, soothing, and most defiantly clear laugh that Myungsoo grew to love, “I want to stay like this.”

The painter complied, rolling his eyes while rubbing circles on the other’s back. Myungsoo clad in a black sleeveless shirt he cut himself after the sleeves got accidentally bleached and black sweatpants that he seemed to love. “You should come to bed before midnight. Sleep is good.”

“You’re such a lazy bum,” Myungsoo chuckled with a morning husk. “A cute bum though.”

“Why thank you, you equally lousy sloth.”

That was when Sunggyu felt a slick tongue run along his neck, him whining a little. The photographer continued his antics, groping the painter’s sides and biting just a little.

“Myungsoo, it’s too early for this,” he sighed.

“For you that is, but I was awake all night. Shouldn’t I get a reward?”

Sunggyu scoffed, “God, why is it that I think everyone’s libido is so short these days?”

“Cause you’re around.” Myungsoo his lips, “Now about this morning ritual…”

 

*

“Heya Sunggyu!”

The barista came out from the back with his white collared shirt and black vest fitted to hug his waist. Tying the light blue apron strings on his back. He tilted his head back in a slight nod to his pink haired co-worker.

“Afternoon, Shima,” he responded with improved Japanese. A grand improvement, but his conversations were still a little shaky. “Any trouble?”

“Nah, Sunggyu,” saying the other’s name was a little hassle for Shima, but he still did it. Feeling the culture, saying Sunggyu’s name slightly off. “But you did leave me for all morning shifts now.”

He stifled some laughs, ruffling the younger’s styled hair while moving to ready the counter, “Yes, yes. Get ready, hm?”

They moved around, finding the right supplies while tending to the consumers that tinkled in. Sunggyu going out and serving them, many girls giggling at his slight mistakes while taking their orders though in good favor. His performance was great, even with his disadvantage, but the owner insisted he stayed. Guess he was a kind of magnet, though he didn’t really care. The pay was good, staff very comfortable, and the atmosphere is nice.

A couple regulars sat down, asking for Shima’s assistance since they were his friends. The pink haired man bounded over with kissy faces toward the girl with two ponytails and weird eyebrows, she pushing him away in frustration. As he continued to about her eyebrows, she covered them with blushing cheeks, yelling at Shima once more. The other friends laughed around, Sunggyu along with them even though he was a bit aways at the counter.

Younglings…

“So when are you returning to Seoul?”

Sunggyu turned around to have the two chefs peeking out from the little meal window, both quite interested in his life. He smiled, walking just a little closer.

He shook his head, shrugging his shoulders, “Soon, Yoshino,” then smiling to the blond other, “Makoto.”

The brown haired chef scoffed, leaning over the window with his arms and spatula in the other, “Are you saying that because you don’t know how to say dates?”

Sunggyu shrugged, Makoto laughing at him, “Yoshi, don’t be so hard on Sunggyu. He’s Korean after all.”

“What’s that supposed to mean?” Sunggyu puffed his cheeks.

“Cute, we mean,” Yoshino clarified, winking at him. “Sunggyu-kun is a cutie!”

“I hope you’ll keep your hands off of my property.”

Sunggyu and the two others turned back to the cashier, where Myungsoo waited with his hands in his pockets and standing like a model.

“Oh, Myung,” Sunggyu reverted back to Korean, smiling again awaiting the order, “How can I help?”

“Ah, and there they go again...” Makoto sighed, watching the two interact with their eyes instead of actions. “Speaking Korean so we can’t understand.”

Myungsoo smirked, giving them a glint of amusement, “Are you two just so buddy buddy with what’s mine?” He leaned over, blowing a hot breath into Sunggyu’s ear noticing the shiver all too clearly and his Korean tongue coming back just for the one person, “And you shouldn’t let anyone touch you.”

“I didn’t,” Sunggyu snorted, pushing Myungsoo away with a grin. “You’re such a prude. Now what would you like?” even though he already knew the answer.

“If I’m a prude, then you’re a killjoy,” a laugh escaped both of them. “Hazelnut latte, cream too.”

“On the double.”

Moving the little piece of paper to the two who waited beside the window, Sunggyu placed the cash into the machine, giving back Myungsoo a couple of coins and which the other just placed back into the tip jar.

Yoshino took the paper, pushing Makoto back into the kitchen while Sunggyu hummed and stood outside with Myungsoo. The photographer waited patiently, his eyes expectant of his boyfriend. Sunggyu sighed, leaning over to place a proper kiss onto those enticing lips that he secretly liked to fantasize about. It was short and to the point, nice and sweet.

“So, what brings you so early to the café?” the barista asked, placing his hands into the little pockets of the apron. “Usually you’d drop by around midi?”

Myungsoo smiled, leaning his weight onto his left leg per usual, shifting the camera bag on his shoulder just a little, “Why come later in the afternoon when I have now?”

“You got the day off?”

Shrugging a little, the photographer scratched his head, “Guess so. I just walked in, and they sent me back. Saying something like go pack our stuff or something.”

Sunggyu let out an airy laugh, not forced though still having a little chime, “Why is it that I feel everyone’s pushing us back to Seoul?”

“It has been two years, and you still can’t speak Japanese well.”

“Watch that tongue, Kim Myungsoo,” Sunggyu glared half-heartedly, with a smirk in hand, “I can restrict you of many things.”

“Like what?” he challenged back. “Kim Sunggyu?”

“Of , of kisses, and more importantly,” the list rolled off like normal, just another day, “myself.”

“The extents of your threats worry me, Gyu,” Myungsoo chuckled, liking the smile on Sunggyu’s face. “It’s as if you want both to suffer from abstinence.”

“They say it’s good to cut back for a while.”

“Screw that, we get it on quite often and still more sane than half the world.”  The black haired man grinned, “Yes, sane.”

The barista sighed, his grin sticking to his face like the flu; he couldn’t get rid of it. Whenever Myungsoo was around, it just crept up on him so naturally. He felt happiness, he felt joy.

He felt loved.

“Sane it is,” Sunggyu moved back, hearing the little ding of the bell from the window. Makoto saluting him off as he carried the cup back toward his boyfriend, who moved to sit at the nearest table. With the time of lunch already ending, they had few customers. Sunggyu choosing to sit down; hearing Shima and his friends’ laughter from the other side.

“It’s only a week away,” Myungsoo drank his coffee, breathing the warm nutty scent, a musky and thick steam streaming along his face and bringing a misty hug with his hair. “We’ve got time to pack.”

The barista kicked back, like he always does, crossing one leg of the other and looked out the window. “I always wonder why you don’t just model your own works; you look way nicer than me.”

“Oh, on the contrary, my dear Sunggyu,” Myungsoo waved his finger at him, one eye closed while tsking his tongue. “You cannot look through a lens while being in front of it, can you?”

“I guess…”

“And mon chou,” he sipped idly, “If I were to model, everyone would flock to my photo books and swarm our apartment. Now we don’t want that, do we?”

Sunggyu snorted, kicking him lightly under the table, “Arrogant little bastard.”

“But a y one while on top of you, sending you to utter heaven while you shout my name.”

“Oh shut up, you prick,” a smile, just another smile brightening up the day. “We’ll see if you can even lead tonight, hm?”

 

*

“Gate H, now closing. All passengers for flight E3240 to Seoul, Korea; please make your way immediately to Gate H. The flight will leave shortly. Again, for flight E3240 to Seoul, Korea, the gates will be closing in a moment, thank you.”

A pair of black jackets and bouncing hair came running though the large halls and stairs in the Tokyo airport, already late for their flight. The people in front of them took forever with their luggage, and couldn’t find the right weight to make it pass freely. After about thirty minutes with about five different people in front of them, trying to figure out the same problem, a nice attendant opened another slot for the two as the flight was nearing take off.

Zipping through passport control and check offs for flights, rather empty since it was an hour of a rare few flights leaving the place, they made it through and was now bounding toward the gates that were dangerously near closing.

“Hurry up, Gyu!” one turned his head slightly to yell at his partner, who was slowing down, “This is a one flight we can’t miss!”

Sunggyu huffed, his labored breaths burning his lungs as he continued to place one foot ahead of the other, taking longer strides even with his not-so-athletic body, “Why don’t you try when you had a in you all week?!”

“Language, my darling!” Myungsoo giggled, nearing the gate. “How could you stand talking to your beloved like that?”

“The same way you talk about other photographers!”

They came to the gate, thankfully still open. Sunggyu complained openly how they could have slowed down, as they more than enough made it. Myungsoo just shook him in a tight hug and chastising him with a silent kiss, effectively shutting Sunggyu up.

The attendant scanned their passports and tickets, letting them through to the warm hall and into the plane. The crew welcomed them aboard, and they shuffled in toward the back. Making it into cabin three of the economy class, luckily the front row and of course, beside the window.

Sunggyu plopped into his seat beside the window, Myungsoo putting their stuff overhead. He made sure that his phone was off, wallet in his pocket; carrying both persons money and credit cards, and his MP3 player in the other jacket pocket. Buckling the seat belt early so he wouldn’t have to bother with it later and checked out whatever terrible movies they had.

Myungsoo sat down beside him, the row only having two seats so they didn’t have to be weary of other people near them, though the people behind and across the little alley were still to be minded of. He carrying the two passports and tickets, while the flight attendant was handing out Korean housing documents to fill out, they were staying for some time.

“How long are we staying?” Myungsoo asked, wiggling the pen while trying to figure out the form.

Sunggyu shrugged, “Dunno. Around the start of June.”

“Right now is April, correct?”

“Believe it is.”

“Cool.”

Sunggyu scoffed at the attempt to be nonchalant, bonking Myungsoo’s head just once before settling back into the seat for comfort. The captain voiced in, wishing all the passengers a smooth flight and went on to talk about the flight time along with the estimated temperatures outside.

Myungsoo quickly filled out the little form, settling back into his own chair and reclining the table back into its original position. They waited, feeling the rumble of the plane as it went down to the takeoff lane. Again, the light for seatbelts dinged and they heard many clinks and clanks of various people putting on the device. Racing forward, the plane took off from the ground, Sunggyu feeling a bit woozy from the pressured sensation. His ears popped, and he was pretty sure Myungoo was feeling the same way.

A little while later, after the plane reached its wanted altitude, the light for the seatbelt turned off, and they chose to keep them on for the time being. His boyfriend poked him from the side, the on-vacation barista and painter turned to his smiling companion with a raised brow. Myungsoo just leaning in to place a quick peck, the people behind them being an old couple.

“So what do you want to do when we land?” the photographer asked, still close but not trying anything.

Sunggyu thought for a second, tapping his bottom lip with a finger while boggling his mind for a legitimate answer. During these years, he had forgotten about his thoughts on returning to Seoul. It wasn’t an immediate thing Sunggyu wanted to resolve, really. He was more focused on learning Japanese, interacting with his co-workers, learning to paint, and at the top of that list, connecting with Myungsoo. The younger wasn’t what he would call the ‘perfect’ man, but he loved him nonetheless. It was because the other was lacking that made him to lovable.

The fact that he was great at many things; academics, athletics, along with aesthetics and ability, Myungsoo seemed like a perfect man. Yet, Sunggyu wouldn’t have cared for these attributes so much if he still had his personality. The snarky little kid who came to be a dork sometimes, having a good taste with wines and champagnes, Myungsoo was all he could have asked for. His affiliation with the sky plus being good in bed, Sunggyu was more than happy to be with him.

Though he had asked why Myungsoo even chose him as a partner, it was always the same answer.

That he was just Kim Sunggyu, the real one. The one no one else was able to detect other than his radar. The fact alone that Myungsoo stripped him apart and put him back together, the love was there. With no other reason but to love Sunggyu, that was his reason. A dorky answer, but the painter loved it still.

“Sunggyu, are you gonna answer?” Myungsoo poked his cheek.

He blinked, turning back to him with a sheepish grin, “Sorry, I was wandering thoughts.”

“Your answer?”

“I haven’t thought about it much, actually,” Sunggyu admitted. “Though one thing’s for sure.”

“And what’s that?”

Sunggyu laughed at Myungsoo’s expression. So innocent, far from his look in bed. He had a different feel for various situations, Sunggyu finding them all a part of Myungsoo’s entire being. It was just his way of showing emotion; he didn’t really care for the mood swings.

“I don’t want to meet him right off the bat.”

The other just nodded, receding into his own chair too, contemplating about his answer. The flight attendant rolled down the small row between the passengers, the cart of drinks to pass to every person according to their like. Once it was their turn, Myungsoo asked for some apple juice, while Sunggyu wanted orange pop. They got their sugary drinks, much dislike their usual glass of wine, but it would do much better for the short five hour flight to Seoul.

“So your friends Dongwoo and Hoya are picking us up?” the photographer piped again, smacking his lips against the apple of his drink.

“Yeah,” Sunggyu set his cup down, not yet done with the small amount he wanted to savor. “If they can’t come, it’d be Sungjong.”

“You have many friends I don’t know about,” Myungsoo narrowed his eyes. Moving closer to talk in his ear, “What were they to you when you were still in Seoul?”

“My friends, you dumb ,” Sunggyu snickered. “I don’t think you ought to know anything else.”

“Oh, I do want to know. I’ll get it soon enough.”

The painter scoffed, “And how do you plan that?”

He leaned in closer, just skimming the outside of his ear with a hot breath and brush of his full lips, “Though the long hours of the night.”

 

*

Walking out of the halls quickly, Sunggyu rushed behind a pillar with Myungsoo in tow while dragging their luggage too. The painter furiously whipped his phone out, Myungsoo watching with an amused smile as Sunggyu seemed more than flustered upon their arrival.

“I didn’t tell them about you, I just asked them to pick me up. They said okay, but this was not what I needed.” He hissed. “ing Dongwoo, talk about ironic.”

“Language,” Myungsoo reminded.

“I don’t need that now, Myung,” the painter groaned. “How could they betray me like this?”

The photographer shifted his weight onto one leg, per usual, and stood still smirking, “I’m the only one who knows completely, remember?”

“Oh yeah...”

Myungsoo put his hand onto Sunggyu’s, the one that clutched the phone all too tightly. He gently led it down, loosening the fingers and taking the phone into his own palm.

“Let’s calm down first and assess the situation, alright?”

The other’s voice soothed down the hairs sticking up on Sunggyu’s neck, as he breathed a deep sigh. Leaning his forehead onto Myungsoo’s shoulder, silently asking for a hug, his partner complied without a second notion.

“Myung… Why would Sungjong bring Woohyun? I mean, I told him not to say anything to him.”

Myungsoo stood still for a moment, wrapping his arms around the fine waist he liked to squeeze just to get a mewl from the older male.
“He doesn’t know that you had an affiliation with that one.” He looked over Sunggyu’s shoulder to take a good look at the dusty black haired male that stood beside a very brave younger male. “Eey… So that’s what the infamous ‘Woohyun’ looks like?”

Sunggyu stood in the other’s arms for just a while more, before pushing himself out and straightening his back, away from the slouch Myungsoo often sees. Another deep sigh, “Sorry, Myung. But I don’t think I can look at him without acting… as much as you hate it.”

Myungsoo clicked his tongue, dissatisfaction written all over those handsome features. He scowled at Sunggyu, turning away with crossed arms and glaring holes at their luggage. “Is that the extent of pain he’s caused you?”

“Huh?” Sunggyu stood dumbly, Myungsoo continuing to glare at everything moving. He moved those piercing eyes at Sunggyu again, and the painter sighed. “Yes, L. It was quite deeply torn into my heart, but it’s better now.”

“If it’s better now, you wouldn’t be needed to act,” L gripped his arm, just like the first time, pulling him into another forced grasp. “Kim Sunggyu, I thought you’d know by now that you’re mine, and no one is supposed to stir anything in you except for me.”

“L, I have already dedicated my entire self. It’s pretty obvious looking at these past few years.”

“Time means nothing if it were fake,” L growled at him, biting his ear. Sunggyu willed himself not to cry out in the airport. There were still many people around, though it just looked like they were sharing secrets or something.

“Public, public!” Sunggyu hissed, trying to stop L’s advantages which would eventually lead to a steamy session that was a private matter. “You said behind doors only!”

“Drastic things call for drastic measures,” a smirk finally coming back onto Myungsoo’s face. “Sorry, Gyu.”

“Nothing that bad,” Sunggyu sighed, glancing back to Sungjong and Woohyun. “Just control that drive.”

“Yes, mother.”

He strengthened himself a final time, before taking the suitcase and rolling it beside him as Myungsoo followed. The two were still looking around a bit for the familiar past figure of Sunggyu’s short and black hair, laid back fashion. When Sunggyu waved at them, he saw Sungjong slightly gasp before running up at him and greeting with a big hug.

“Sunggyu-hyung!” Sungjong shook him in the hug, the younger being taller just by a couple centimeters. “Oh my, you look so dashing! What the hell happened to you?”

Sunggyu just laughed along with the younger entrepreneur, trying not to notice Woohyun there so much and maintaining the real on him for Myungsoo.

“Sunggyu!” Woohyun came up behind him and gave a warm hug, lifting Sunggyu a little off the ground in a small twirl. “Where did you run off to? We’ve been trying to contact you for like, forever!”

“I’ve been in Japan, for you information you two. Now set me down, Woohyun!”

Letting his feet land safely onto the tiles again, he sighed. Though a pair of arms slipped onto his waist again.

“Oh,” Sungjong smirked at him, “Who do we have here?”

Woohyun made a weird face, only for a second but Sunggyu still caught it. He coughed just once, and then lifted a hand to frame his partner’s face. “My… um…”

“His boyfriend, Kim Myungsoo. Nice to meet you two.” The photographer let out a hand to shake, both males taking a turn grasping the palms in a friendly manner.

“Boyfriend?” Woohyun made that funny face again and it made Sunggyu feel like he committed a crime. He moved just a fraction closer to Myungsoo. “Since when?”

“We met in Japan,” Myungsoo answered in his stead.

“Wah!” Sungjong seemed too excited for this, Sunggyu sighed at his actions. “This hunk of a man chose you, hyung?”

The photographer raised a brow, “Is that so surprising?”

“Of course!” the youngest cried. “You must tell me this story in the car, Myungsoo-sshi!”

“If I feel like it.”

*

They piled into Sungjong’s Toyota Camry, barely able to fit in the two suitcases. Sungjong complained openly on how Sunggyu should have explained that two people were coming, not just him, so they would have taken Woohyun’s car instead. But no, Sunggyu still laughed and Myungsoo became just a little on edge.

Woohyun seemed too quiet for the ride.

The said male took the wheel, while Sungjong insisted on sitting with Myungsoo in the back, so Sunggyu was forced into the passenger’s seat. Awkwardly sitting beside Woohyun, who made no usual attempt to talk to him about whatever.

Myungsoo watched as Sunggyu looked out the window again, staring into the skies of Seoul as they backed out of the garage. Sungjong excitingly started the questions.

“So, where did you guys meet?” his sparkly eyes shined at Myungsoo. He looked back at Sunggyu, who sighed, giving him those eyes that said, ‘deal with it’.

“Well,” Myungsoo cleared his throat, “a park. We met at a park.”

“Boring.” Sungjong shook his head, “And what was the first thing you liked about hyung?”

The photographer raised a brow, Sungjong giggling away. “Oddly exact…”

“It is Sunggyu-hyung we’re talking about!” the entrepreneur exasperatedly stated. “The notorious blank, most slow and never romantic, dry guy, Kim Sunggyu!” the laughter came out of Sungjong easily. “He’s never taken interest in anything. Zip. Zero. Nada!”

Sunggyu didn’t seem to flinch under any of the words, Myungsoo wanted to frown.

“I first found him very cute,” Myungsoo confessed, staring at the back of Sunggyu’s head. “He was trying to learn Japanese from a little book, covered the margins with notes. I thought it was warming, to see such an effort.”

Sungjong squealed, “Awww! Who knew Sunggyu-hyung would be swept up by a person like this?!”

“Certainly not me,” Woohyun grumbled, Myungsoo staring into the back of his head too. A blank stare, the one he liked to do when he knows something’s wrong. And obviously, 

Woohyun didn’t like him too much.

*

 

“We’re here.”

Pulling up to a rather luxurious hotel, the four climbed out of the car, grabbing the luggage and walked to the check in counter. The bellhop boys and girls came out to help with their luggage, which they kindly declined. Sunggyu busied himself with checking in, Sungjong went to the bathroom after a long wait.

Myungsoo felt a tap on his shoulder while he was looking at Sunggyu communicate well in Korean, “Can I talk to you privately?”

He stared at Woohyun, then back at Sunggyu, who was laughing along with the counter lady. Must have been some sort of mistake Sunggyu did. He nodded, “Got the time.”

They moved to a move secluded hall, one that not many people passed. Once there, Woohyun pushed him against the wall, grabbing his collar with a focused glare.

“I would like it if you wouldn’t touch my jacket, Nam Woohyun-sshi,” Myungsoo calmly stated, pushing away the offending hand with a gentle touch. “It’s swede.”

Woohyun kept the grip, shoving Myungsoo closer to the wall, “What the hell do you think you’re doing, Kim Myungsoo-sshi?”

“I don’t understand your question.”

“You know very well,” Woohyun sneered. “Why are you with Sunggyu?”

“Why is it so concerning to you?” the photographer growled back, his mood quickly changing and instead shoved Woohyun back. “Is it because I’m something new?”

“No, you’re wrong, Kim Myungsoo—“

“It’s L, Nam ing Woohyun.”

“It’s because you’re a rebound!”

They stood; labored breaths as each were seething with anger. A different kind, though. Woohyun was thinking that Myungsoo was being used by Sunggyu, while Myungsoo just hated Woohyun’s guts, no matter how many times Sunggyu told him not to. It just can’t be helped.

“What did you say, Nam?” L narrowed his eyes. “Are you saying Sunggyu is just using me?”

“He’s…” Woohyun hesitated, and it annoyed L to a point where his nerves tingled with a want for use of his fists. “Sunggyu’s confused.”

“How do you know?”

“I heard from Ailee…”

L sighed, pushing Woohyun off him and turning to go back to the lobby, “I don’t give a on what you heard or think. It wouldn’t change my heart for your petty accusations, Nam.”

*

Sunggyu plopped onto the mattress of their hotel room with a long sigh. Sungjong had finally taken Woohyun away, saying a last goodbye and trading phone numbers, as much as Sunggyu didn’t want to. The younger had already sent plans for tonight, another party with everyone at the usual bar. Same old, same how. Even as everyone has stable and good jobs, Sunggyu sighs at their usual antics.

Myungsoo shuffled onto the bed with him, cuddling his side and tickling Sunggyu just a little. He laughed the bubbly chiming laughter that the photographer wish he could capture in a photo, but only can be heard by ear.

“S-stop, Myung!” he said in between pants and laughter, “Ah, I’m tired!”

“I’ll stop once you tell me what you wanna do,” Myungsoo smirked. “Obviously not that welcoming party. Come on Gyu, tell me!”

“No!” Sunggyu laughed on. “I wanna sleep!”

“Who the heck sleeps with their birthday just a couple days away?”

“Me!”

Myungsoo laughed along with his beloved, them both falling onto the mattress with a lost breath and smiles. Sunggyu jabbed his stomach for revenge, but ultimately knew it was all in good intensions. He thought about the ride to the hotel, and how Myungsoo slipped away with Woohyun. Of course he had seen, he’s not some idiot. But when they both came back with scowls, something was obviously wrong.

“Really, what do you want to do?” Myungsoo asked again, his eyes twinkling with the evening light. “We’re back in Seoul.”

“How long have you been gone?” Sunggyu chose to ask instead. “I’ve been gone for about three years now, but you seemed to be in Japan for…”

“Quite a while, yes.” Myungsoo smiled. “I went to Japan for an escape, just like Gyu.”

Sunggyu rolled his eyes at the pun.

“But I don’t remember when I left. It was after the incident.”

Nodding, the painter moved just a little to hug the other, nothing more of the reason other than to have a hug. “On my birthday, I want to visit G.O’s bar. If it’s still there, at least.”

“Okay, and for the days to come?”

Sunggyu rested his head on the other’s chest, contemplating. “Henry’s restaurant is tonight, and maybe tomorrow we go visit my old café? Wonder what happened to Daehyun.”

Myungsoo hummed, already knowing this schedule, since Sunggyu is a simple man. He agreed, a plain plan for a dry guy.

“Seems legit,” he mumbled, making no move to get up.

 

*

“Sunggyu! Sunggyu!” the shouts became louder and louder as the figure running to them came closer and closer. “Sunggyu!”

Dongwoo crashed into the painter, pushing the air out of his lungs and bringing him into another embrace. “Oh my gosh, Hyung, I barely recognized you! You look so much better!”

“No offense,” Hoya sighed in the back, a wry smile toward Dongwoo. “Glad to see you.”

“You too,” Sunggyu patted Dongwoo’s back, urging him to let go. “I feel better as well, so it’s all good.”

“Sungjong told me you have a very interesting friend with you,” Dongwoo smirked, wiggling his eyebrows at the photographer behind them. “Introduce us?”

“Ah,” he stepped back one, grabbing Myungsoo’s hand and leading him forward another step. “This is my boyfriend, Kim Myungsoo.”

“A pleasure.”

They shook hands, Dongwoo plainly stating his and Hoya’s name and status. Making it all too clear that Hoya was indeed taken by himself. They laughed together.

Myungsoo liked them two better than Woohyun or Sungjong, sorta.

“So where’s the kid?” Sunggyu was referring to Sungjong. “He set this up, and doesn’t show up?”

Hoya sniffled as a cold night’s gust blew past, checking his phone, “He called about an hour ago, talking about getting Woohyun or something.”

Sunggyu flinched, not too noticeably but of course couldn’t escape Myungsoo’s piercing gaze, “Well, let’s go in then.”

Entering the restaurant, Sunggyu first noticed the felt maroon curtains and pristine white tables. The table cloths neatly placed on every surface with glittery silverware, and red carnations decorated in white vases stood throughout the place. The tiles were a dark black marble, and a mix of Chinese decorations on the counter, as well as the door to the kitchen.

They were met with two twins, greeting them with bows and welcomes.

“Welcome to Henry’s! For how many?” one asked. Dongwoo excitingly answered with ‘seven’.

“Right this way.” The other directed, asking them to follow him to an empty table. The place was a bit crowded, but not so much that you couldn’t hear the other person beside you without raising your voice. It was a nice, controlled chatter. Having the atmosphere of a café, but still the area of a restaurant. Sunggyu was impressed.

“My name is Soryong,” the brown haired one stated.

“And Daeryong. We will be serving you this evening, and just call us when you’re ready,” the blond male smiled, passing around menus for both the people and the non-present guests.

“Alright thanks,” Hoya sent his usual greeting to them, as they visited often.

“Wait,” Sunggyu called, “Um, Soryong?”

“Yes?”

“Please tell Henry that ‘Kim Sunggyu’ is visiting,” he smiled. “I’m sure he’ll be excited.”

“Alright,” the younger twin smiled, but Sunggyu could see he was slightly confused. “I’ll be sure to tell him.”

“Thanks.”

Moments passed, Sunggyu just smiled at Myungsoo. Dongwoo asked a few more questions, like what was Sunggyu doing now for a job, and where he had gone after his disappearance. In the middle of trading phone numbers, the kitchen doors slammed open, a now blond chef racing toward their table.

“Sunggyu!” the male stood up to receive another crushing hug. “You’re still okay! I thought you were kidnapped or something, god, don’t disappear like that ever again!”

“Alright Henry,” Sunggyu tiredly smiled, still laughing at his reaction. “I don’t think it’ll happen again.”

“Damn right it won’t,” the chef puffed his cheeks. “Now order something, you will taste my food!”

Agreeing, Sunggyu sat back down while Henry personally waited to take their orders. The painter introduced Myungsoo to him, and they shook hands. Henry stating Sunggyu has pulled a great catch, he slapped him on the arm playfully.

Everyone ordering some sort of pasta, a bread appetizer, and a bottle of champagne to welcome Sunggyu back to Seoul; Henry hurried back into the kitchen to prepare the dishes. Woohyun and Sungjong still not present.

They were talking about what they were doing with their lives now. Even Henry sitting down, bringing Zhoumi, Daeryong and Soryong on the table as well. Sunggyu was working in a prestigious café while painting a couple compositions. Myungsoo takes photographs, for himself and companies. Dongwoo was going around with Hoya, tutoring students and running a dance school. Gotten quite the reputation now. Sungjong was said to have taken over a company, and he was very respected throughout the workers and other companies as well.

And Woohyun, well, Hoya said he was the History teacher back in Seoul University, a professor. Sunggyu would have never pinned him to become a teacher, but it seems that Ailee had pushed him to do it, as her albums began to stop selling well and she had to get a job as a web designer. They were making a good amount, though not as much as when Ailee had her music out.

The chefs and waiters went back to their jobs, cleaning up the restruant.

“I wonder why Sungjong and Woohyun are taking so long,” Dongwoo pointed out after the long chat. Turning around to glance at the entrance, many people already have left from the late hour, “Sungjong seemed really excited to come earlier.”

Hoya shrugged, “Maybe it’s Woohyun again.”

“Why?” Sunggyu set his tea cup down, beside a half-eaten plate of some pasta. “What’s wrong with Woohyun?”

Myungsoo scowled underneath his arm, Sunggyu could tell, but it seemed that he was clearing his throat to the others.

“Lately, Woohyun hasn’t been talking to us,” Hoya explained, pouring Dongwoo another cup of tea. “He’s been locked up in his classroom, even won’t talk to Ailee.”

“Yeah. Always saying he’s got reports to grade,” Dongwoo pouted. “I miss our cheesy Woo duo…”

“How long has this been happening?” Sunggyu ate another fork load of noodles.

“About...three months?” Dongwoo turned to Hoya for confirmation. The other nodded, “Yeah, about that much.”

“Maybe you can get through to him, Sunggyu,” Hoya tipped his cup toward him. “Being his best friend and all, I would think that title stays with you.”

“Well, thanks for not taking my spot,” the painter rolled his eyes. “I’ll see what I can do.”

Right then, Sunggyu’s phone rang out. Playing some very child friendly tune that was cute to listen, but laugh worthy since it was Sunggyu’s. He quickly picked up.

“Hello?”

“Sunggyu-hyung!” Sungjong’s voice came through.

“Sungjong?” the other’s looked at him expectantly, Myungsoo giving him a questionable glace too. “What’s wrong?”

“It’s Woohyun!” a panicked gasp. “He needs you Sunggyu. Ailee couldn’t even calm him down, and I don’t know anyone else who can, this is insane!”

“Where are you?” Sunggyu pressed in a firm tone, standing up while pulling his confused boyfriend up too.

“We’re at this bar called ‘Corner’.”

The painter widened his eyes a bit, “I’ll be there soon. And Ailee?”

“I sent her home before Woohyun did anything more crazy things. Just hurry!”

 

*

Myungsoo and Sunggyu hopped out of the taxi, leaving Dongwoo and Hoya back at Henry’s. They said it was their treat anyways. The two quickly ran down the tight alleyway and into the familiar cherry oak door Sunggyu was so familiar with during this time of year.

Sunggyu quickly opened the door, only to grab and pull Myungsoo down into a crouch to dodge a flying bottle that was sent their way. He stood and slid behind a table, looking to his right to see G.O in a similar position with Sungjong beside him.

“What the happened?” the painterhissed, wincing at the sound of another bottle smashing against a table and a low growl from Woohyun.

“I don’t know!” Sungjong cried. “I got a called by this fool from Woohyun’s phone, and I when I tried to bring him to Henry’s he just lost it!”

Sunggyu moved his sharp eyes to G.O, who lifted his hands in defense, “How the heck would I know he would go crazy? This is my bar he’s destroying!”

Myungsoo gripped his sleeve, “Want me to knock him out?”

Sunggyu shook his head, not liking the staggering stomps heading their way. “I’ll do something.”

Beginning to stand, the photographer gripped his sleeve just one last time before letting go, “If he hurts a single hair on you, there’s not going to be a Nam Woohyun tomorrow.”

“It’ll be alright,” Sunggyu reassured with a smile, “After all, I’m his best friend.”

Standing up fully, he just dodged another glass that was thrown his way, facing a very angry Woohyun. Eyes bloodshot and sweat just accumulated on his forehead, suit messed up; to say, Woohyun looked like .

Sunggyu carefully made his way over, the other male had his head down, trying to stabilize himself with harsh breathing and a growl here and there.

“Woohyun?” he called, the other snapping his head up. “It’s Sunggyu.”

“Sunggyu?” Woohyun reached out when he got closer, touching his nice black coat that Myungsoo had bought for him. “You’re Sunggyu?”

“Yes, I believe so,” Sunggyu snorted, still wearing a smile. “If not, I must be crazy.”

“I’m so sorry, Sunggyu!” Woohyun cried out, tears streaming down those cheeks with a wail. A pathetic attempt to keep standing as the other broke down onto his front into a wobbly hug. “I’m sorry, Sunggyu! I’m sorry for everything. For not noticing, for being a jerk, for being a god damn idiot!”

The wails continued, Sunggyu standing there a little shocked. Patting Woohyun’s back comfortingly, “What do you mean?”

“Ailee told me,” the history teacher said in between sniffles. “She told me how you were in love, and I never noticed. How you destroyed yourself for my sake.” Another sob, “And how I ruined all your chances to succeed.”

The painter forced all his nerves to not click his tongue and glare at nothing, angry at Ailee for breaking his order. But it seems that he was not god, and couldn’t control everything. This was the very reason why he didn’t want Woohyun to know, the idiot would blame himself.

“Woohyun, look at me,” beady eyes glanced up from his jacket, covered with tear stains and snot. Sunggyu was a bit appalled that his jacket would need dry cleaning now, but he held it in. “Do I look miserable to you?”

“N-no…”

“Did I ever seem like I hated you?”

“…no.”

Sunggyu sighed, an amused smile playing on his lips, “So is this the right thing to do? For trashing my favorite bar, you’re going to have to pay for the damages.”

“Why are you like this?” Sunggyu looked down, Woohyun calmed, but still upset. “Why do you smile at me like it never happened? I ruined you, Sunggyu? Can’t you be angry for once?”

Sunggyu stepped back; Woohyun confusingly standing there staring at Sunggyu’s every move, so did the other three behind the tables. The painter sighed, shaking his arms for a second.

In the next moment, a fist crashed into Woohyun’s face. The dusty male laying on the ground, groaning and holding his cheek in pain while Sunggyu stood, slowly letting out a breath. Turning his wrist a couple times, opening and closing his fist to ease the sting from the impact.

“Well, I hope that answered your question,” Sunggyu straightened his jacket, holding out a hand for Woohyun to grab and hauled him up. “Of course I’m angry, but it wouldn’t make sense to hate everyone around me that did nothing, right?”

Woohyun nodded slowly, the last few tears escaping his eyes.

“Though,” Sunggyu smiled again, his eyes shining. Holding a sort of satisfaction, “That punch did feel good. Don’t worry, I won’t do any more.”

“Then why would you agree to be my best man?” the teacher sniffled. Wiping his face with a sleeve.

Sunggyu let out a few chuckles, nudging Woohyun’s shoulder the back of his hand, “Because as your best friend, I wouldn’t have accepted anyone else taking my place.”

 

*

The next few days, Sunggyu accompanied Woohyun to Corner, watching the teacher clean up the bar as his job was to do so now. The painter sipped idly with Myungsoo at the counter, a glass of red wine for the both of them, catching up with G.O. Who wouldn’t reveal who he was dating.

Ailee stopped by, hugging Sunggyu a hello and having small talk before she had to leave for work.

By the third day, Sunggyu had gone and seen Daehyun; who left the café and was now a very successful performer along with his group. They had a stage later on today, but Sunggyu declined the offer. He wished them good luck, and traded numbers.

“Happy birthday, Sunggyu,” G.O repeated the familiar words to the painter, watching Woohyun haul the last of the trash outside to the dumpster. The bartender pushed a very familiar light pink box toward him. “I believe it’s twenty-nine, hm?”

“Yep,” Sunggyu gladly accepted the gift, along with the free wine. Myungsoo sat beside him, curious with the box. “Thanks G.O.”

“Of course,”

“Open it, Sunggyu!” Myungsoo tugged at his sleeve. Sunggyu laughing at him, leaning over to calm his excited boyfriend with a kiss to the cheek.

“Alrighty, then…”

Pulling away the satin white ribbon, Sunggyu unfolded the overlapping box to reveal a small cake square. The same red velvet he liked, but with white fondant covering the surface. Black pearls decorating the outside and a chocolate plaque stating his name and wishing him a happy birthday.

Sunggyu smiled, his eyes smiling too, “Thank you G.O. You always had good taste.”

“You’re welcome,” G.O rolled his eyes. “I’m the master after all.”

Myungsoo laughed at the bartender, eyeing the cake with a to his lips, “Can we?”

“Yeah, yeah,” Sunggyu sighed, beginning to cut the cake into smaller sections. “One for you,” he passed to Myungsoo. “And another to G.O…”

“Thanks.”

“Me and then,” Sunggyu swerved his chair around, watching the tired best friend walk through the doors with hunched shoulders.
“Woohyun.” He called, the other snapping his head up.

“Yeah?”

“Cake time,” Sunggyu lifted a piece at him. “And wine.”

“Me too?” Woohyun asked, pointing to himself.

Myungsoo scoffed, “Of course, idiot. Now do we have to force this down your throat too?”

“No thanks,” the teacher scowled at the photographer. Sitting down on the other side of Sunggyu, gladly taking the cake.

Sunggyu chuckled at the both of them, “Stop it you two. You’re both idiots, so just drink some wine and wind down.”

“Yes, mother,” the two scoffed, shoving cake into their mouths.

 

*

After the nice talk in Corner, Myungsoo swooped Sunggyu away for a nice dinner by themselves in a grand restaurant. Myungsoo already had a reservation months in advance, surprising Sunggyu by the sudden dinner.

“You didn’t have to do this,” Sunggyu fixed his tie, sitting at the plush seat.

 Their table overlooking the Seoul’s night city, with the moon high over their heads. The restaurant was in a high hotel, five stars, with dimmed lights, candles on the table, and roses everywhere. Sunggyu found it so overly cliché, but since it was just as expensive and touching, he didn’t complain.

“Oh, but I do,” Myungsoo smirked. Leaning back in his chair comfortably, suit and everything lining his body perfectly and handsomely, “After all, it’s my Gyu’s birthday, how could I not?”

“Romantic dork,” Sunggyu scoffed, watching as the waiter brought them a long aged bottle of wine, perfected to its old age and long history. The two glasses polished to shine under the candle light and moon as the smooth red liquid was poured into them. A substantial amount, enough for a start; before their meal.

The painter tried not too eagerly bring the glass to his lips once the waiter was done, but Myungsoo stopped him. The photographer raised his wine toward Sunggyu, asking for a toast silently, which the birthday man clanked his glass against it.

“Happy birthday, Sunggyu.”

He smiled, sipping the wine that flowed effortlessly into his mouth. It tasted much more refined than the cheap wines you could get in the supermarket. It had a historian’s taste, as if Sunggyu were to be part of parliament to taste it.

Their meals came in, just another high class plate that placed the food all artsy that Sunggyu, even as a painter, didn’t see the point in. As long as it tasted nice, the food was good. Presenting it was just as important, but not for a guy like him. He wasn’t the president.

Though Myungsoo insisted, and with the fancy salmon dish, he placed all his manners into eating it properly and full of class. His boyfriend seemed all too use to this sort of environment.

“You seem at home,” Sunggyu swirled the wine indolently. “Too comfortable.”

Myungsoo mimicked his posture, kicking back with legs crossed and too, with a glass of wine. “It would be expected of someone of class.”

“Oh and how could I be so knowledgeable?”

The photographer snapped, another waiter bringing up a small box on a pillow. So cliché, Sunggyu almost cringed.

The next movement surprised Sunggyu, as Myungsoo stood up, grabbing the box and ushering the boy away. Then coming up beside him, kneeling, taking his hand and kissing the knuckles. This time, the painter really did shudder a bit, chuckling at Myungsoo’s actions.

“Would you marry me, Kim Sunggyu?”

He wasn’t like those girls who’d gasp and start tearing up, not able to form words or whatever. Sunggyu just sat there, letting Myungsoo hold his hand as he stared at him. Just locking eyes for a while, liking how the moon made those black irises shine with a light that could be up to par with black flames.

“Of course not,” he scoffed.

Myungsoo blinked, becoming wide eyed and stuttering a bit, “W-wait, what?”

Sunggyu burst out laughing, bringing Myungsoo into a hug, “You idiot, did you really think I meant that? I mean yes, just in a cruel way.”

“You’re such a bastard,” Myungsoo pulled away, a smile on his face that Sunggyu was sure he wouldn’t be able to wipe off for the next week or so. “Just say yes, is that so hard?”

“Knowing me,” Sunggyu’s heart beat rose, even though his composure remained still. The photographer felt it under his hand, “A dry guy, nope.”

“God, I love you.”

Sunggyu moved to kiss him, breaking the cliché part when Myungsoo was supposed to lean down and kiss him instead. Sunggyu really didn’t like following the script, but sometimes it did fit; just not now.

“Love you too, Kim Myungsoo.”

The sky was alight with a silver moon, hazy clouds still trying to make their way across the horizon and unseen stars shimmering against city lights. A competition to see who’d shine brighter. The city lived on, a never ending circle of life that kept changing and thousands of people passing it every day. Florescent and natural lights of the fake and the real, both important to hold up society; both equally important. Though of course, many people would like to live in one more than the other. Some are chosen for their role, others have to work to change it as it was forced onto them. Even as life continues, not all people are satisfied.

It can’t be helped, as happiness cannot be existent without the polar opposite that defines the very being of a smile, sadness. The people in anguish can outline the people in serenity, and show them they are to be happy as they cannot. It is a cycle that is dreamt to be broken, but it is the nature of humanity that cannot be changed. Maybe helped, thought entirely banishing the thoughts of darkness and hate is impossible.

As you cannot be happy without knowing what’s worse. Mistakes depict success, and people will be condemned to their own type of hell or heaven, called Earth.

And of course, the painter and photographer will work together to create the most extraordinary skies.

 

Created or captured by their eyes, together;synchronized hearts beating as one .       

 

 

 


And there you have it, no more, okay? haha
I'm glad that people liked this one shot, and as thanks for the thank you, i again, gift you with a epilogue. I spoil you people too much! LOL
god, okay. 


Anyways, thank you~

_Cloud

tumblr_mt2fif2Eus1rgabwuo4_250.gif