Chapter13

Our King Jiyong

 

-Nickhun pov-

 

At last, we arrived at Spiral Hill. The place was dark and creepy. Not far from here was a graveyard with huge a maple tree standing in the middle. And on one of the tree branch, we saw a skeleton hung freely by its neck.

 

Jiyong held my arm with both hands. I looked at him over my shoulder and I could see fear plastered on his face.

 

“My vampire dear is scared I see…” I teased.

 

“Who doesn’t?”  He said with his head hung low.

 

“You’re a vampire now which makes you one of them, a ghost. And a ghost shouldn’t be afraid of its own kind.”

 

He pouted and slowly let go of my arm. Hmm, sulking again I see?

 

I coaxed him and pinched his cheeks at the same time, trying to make him look at me. It didn’t work though. He was ignoring me, just like what he did back there under the bridge… and I know just what to do.

 

I peck his lips and whispered softly, “Sorry.”

 

He looked at me, backing away a little, “You… you don’t have to do that…” He blushed.

 

“It’s the only thing that can make you talk and forgive me husband dear.”

 

“Urm…”

 

He tried to say something but nothing seems to come out from his mouth. He sighed and froze in his position. I stayed beside him while the other two looked around the place.  Wooyoung’s rabbit ears twitched several times. He walked quickly towards Spiral Hill and stood at the edge.

 

“There’s an old shack down there.” He stated.

 

The four of us walked down the hill, quicken our pace as we gets near the old shack… wait; I don’t think this is a shack. It looks too concrete and creepy to be a shack.

 

The door creek when Bou opened it. There’s nothing in it except for a stairs that leads down below. It was dark down there but we don’t need any light since our vampire’s ability can make us sees in the dark. And the same thing goes to Bou… since he’s a cat.

 

“Prince Taeyang!” Bou said when he saw him.

 

He was locked in this dark creepy place, tied with chains that were connected to the wall. We were happy to see him, unlike him. He was more worried to see us coming here, risking our lives to save him.

 

Bou break the chains with his bare hands and helped him up. Taeyang hyung looked at us and wanna say something but he went quiet when he locked eyes with Jiyong.

 

“He’s… he’s…”

 

“Let’s talk about that later.” Wooyoung said and grabbed his wrist.

 

We ran towards the entrance but pulled into a stop when we got companies, the black spirits. They have surrounded us, grinning as widely as they can. Damn, we’ve found out and I’m pretty sure it’s that Chansung’s doing.

 

“Grab your swords gentlemen,” Wooyoung commanded, “It’s show time!”

 

We grabbed our swords and slashed those darn spirits… except for Jiyong. He was hesitating. So I went to his side, protecting him from the spirits.

 

“You should swing that sword and start slashing some spirits.” I said.

 

 He gave me an unsure looks while biting his lips. A spirit was about to attack him from behind when I spun around to faced him. Swiftly, I wrapped my arm around his waist, tripping him so he’d fell gently on my arm to avoid the spirit’s attack. I slashed that thing in the chest and it poof in thin air.

 

I pouted, “You’re the one who suppose to do this to me you know.”

 

“Uh…”

 

“You guys okay?” Wooyoung asked, “Let’s get out of here.”

 

I nodded, let go of my arm and quickly grabbed his hand. We ran back on top of the hill to find more spirits waiting for us. We made a circle, with Jiyong in the middle. We exactly know what these things wanted and it’s not us but Jiyong.

 

Hell no I’m gonna give up my husband dear just like that!

 

“Don’t worry my king,” Taeyang hyung said to Jiyong, glancing at him, “We’ll protect you.”

 

“Stay beside me.” I said while slashing the spirits that approached us.

 

We kept on fighting till we see an escape opportunity. Grabbing his wrist, I dragged him as quickly as possible from this place and hid behind some thick bushes when we spotted one.

 

I looked at Taeyang hyung beside me. I asked him whether if he’s okay or not. He nodded lightly, accompanied with a smile that indicates that he is indeed okay. He then looked at Jiyong and asked politely with a good manner for his name. Jiyong turned to him and introduced himself with a bow. Taeyang hyung also introduced himself but Jiyong told him that he already knew him from Bom noona. Upon hearing her name, Taeyang hyung changed the topic and asked about her.

 

“She’s good hyung, you don’t have to worry about it.” I smiled reassuringly. 

 

He stared at his sword and sighed in relieve, “Good to hear that.”

 

-End-