Chapter11

Our King Jiyong

-Jiyong pov-

 

We fell asleep under the bridge while waiting for Wooyoung to finish his potions. I yawned putting on my top hat and noticed that Nickhun was sleeping on my shoulder with his arms wrapped around my waist. I stopped from doing what I wanna do and just sit there, staring at his sleeping face.

 

Oh my… here come the burning tomatoes again.

 

I don’t understand why I would likely blush at something like this. If Khun sees me he’ll totally make fun of me and tease me… which would make me blush even more.

 

“Finally!”

 

Wooyoung’s shouting startled me a little but not Nickhun. He was still sleeping like a baby. I guess he’s a heavy sleeper then.

 

His grip tightened as he shifted his head from my shoulder to my chest, which makes my heart race faster and faster… and the burning tomatoes burnt even more.

 

God…

 

“Wake up! Wake up! Wake up!” Wooyoung knocked my and Khun’s head lightly.

 

Nickhun groaned and looked at Wooyoung with his eyes half closed. He jutted his lips out and bumped his head back on my chest. Wooyoung rolled his eyes, bend down on our level and knocked my wife’s head for a couple of times.

 

Wait; did I just say ‘my wife’ in a pitiful tone?

 

Weird…

 

“Khun, wake up.” I whispered softly.

 

“No…” He yawned, “And stop knocking my head you buttwipe…”

 

Wooyoung make a face and told us that he’s already finished making the potions. He showed us three small bottles that contained blackish purple liquid. Nickhun snatched the bottle, eyeing it and shaking it lightly.

 

“It looks icky.”

 

The liquid was thick. I wonder if its smell…

 

“It’s almost noon.” Wooyoung informed while glancing at his wristwatch.

 

Nickhun frowned and got up to do some stretching. I leaned comfortably, smiling at Wooyoung who was adjusting his wristwatch near Nickhun.

 

“Show off.”

 

These two friends are so funny. They’re best friends and suppose to act like one. But instead, they act like enemies, bickering, saying this and that towards each other.

 

“Guys,” I stood up, patting my pants, “Aren’t you two friends?”

 

Nickhun glanced at me and Wooyoung. He smirked playfully, “Husband dear, we are indeed friends but he’s just soooo annoying.”

 

“Well, you’re irritating,” Wooyoung said back, “If you met his other irritating friend, you’ll go crazy and would eventually die. Trust me.”

 

“Being sarcastic again I see.”

 

“It’s the truth. I’ve died once and come back to life.”

 

I was taken aback by Wooyoung’s words. So Nickhun got another best friend I see. I would like to meet him but judging from Wooyoung’s words, I got a feeling that his friend is sorta… freaky (?)

 

I let out a deep sighed when they starts to fight again. Nickhun scrunched his face. He plucked a nearby pink flower and shoved it in Wooyoung’s mouth, causing him to widen his eyes.

 

He spat the flower, grabbed a handful of grass and threw it at Nickhun. I better do something before things starts to get out of control…

 

I jumped in between their fighting space with my arms stretched out to them. I reminded them about what Nickhun called a lecture. They tried to open their mouth to speak but I shushed them. I even remind them that friends supposed to act nice and good to each other, not the other way around.

 

Khun pointed his finger at Wooyoung, “He started it. And don’t say that about my friend to Jiyong. He’s waayyy better than YOU!”

 

“Okay-okay enough,” I shook my head, “So uh, where are we gonna go next?”

 

Wooyoung flung his arm around my shoulder, rubbing his chin in wonder. He said that we’re gonna use the potions when dusk struck. Right now, we gotta find ourselves some food, a nice place for shelter and hopefully a place to wash up. Nickhun snapped his finger and made an evil face which only Wooyung knows the meaning behind it. Wooyoung shook his head in protest but Khun grabbed my hand, leading me to somewhere… somewhere Wooyoung doesn’t wanna go to. But, he doesn’t have any other options so he decided to come with us.

 

The weather wasn’t that bright and cheerful like I expected. It was foggy and chilly. The grey clouds covered the entire blue sky. The sun was nowhere in sight and instead of small colorful birds, there’re crows chirping eerily, flapping its wings as it watched us walking passed a few dead trees that were crowded by them.

 

I gulped hard as I watched them too. It looks like they wanna attack us or do something evil to us. But I felt a bit relieve since we’re in this disguises.

 

“Where are we going?”

 

“To someone’s place.”

 

“Someone?”

 

“You’ll see.”

 

We walked and walked and walked and finally reached our destination. There was a very huge tree with a door on it. On the right side, there’re mushrooms. The huge one looks like a table while the other four small mushrooms looks like chairs. We took off our disguises and waited while Nickhun knocked on the door.

 

When the door opened, we’ve saw a girl with a pair of white cat ears. She’s in a pink gown. She got a long blonde hair. She looks kinda cute though.

 

Hmm, could she be Khun’s friend?

 

“There goes the irritating duo.” Wooyoung said annoyingly, rolling his eyes.

 

So she is his friend then. She pointed at Nickhun, poking his tummy. They looked happy to see each other. They talked randomly and laughed out loud. Wooyoung took off his rabbit ears and stuffed it in his pants pocket.

 

Nickhun then grabbed my arm, pulling me to his friend, “This is my husband dear, Jiyong!”

 

The girl stared at me with her huge eyes. She smiled sweetly and offered her hand. She introduced herself. Her name is Bou. She somehow has a boyish voice.

 

“Wooyoungie!” She screamed and ran to him.

 

She hugged him and shook his body back and forth at the same time. Wooyoung closed his eyes, letting her do whatever she wanna do to him.

 

“She’s… hyper.” I commented.

 

“She?” Nickhun looked at me and chuckled, “That she is a boy.”

 

A boy? What?

 

“But he looks like a girl.”

 

Okay I’m confused now. He looks like a girl… a Barbie girl!

 

“He’s not a sissy or anything. That’s just how he dresses.”

 

Wooyoung dragged her… I mean, he towards us. He took a deep breath, letting it out slowly, “Look Barbie boy, I don’t wanna die from annoyance again so why don’t you go Barbie-ing around Jiyong instead since you guys are only acquaintance.” He said politely in a sarcastic tone.

 

Barbie-ing around me?

 

“So Jiyongie, tell me more about you. Tell me! Tell me! Tell me!”

 

And so the three of us had a little chat. Well, more like the two of them. Nickhun do all the talking even though Bou pointed out the questions to me. I didn’t mind at all though. He’s not that irritating or annoying just like what Wooyoung described. He’s cheerful and bubbly, just like Nickhun…

 

“Guess you survive. I salute you.” Wooyoung said.

 

Bou and Khun were talking while I watched Wooyoung examined the potion.  

 

“I’ll drink it first.” He informed and put the potion back in his pocket.

 

I nodded, spun around and all of the sudden, bumped into Nickhun. We both fell. I fell on the ground with him on top of me. Our lips almost touched… which brings out the burning tomatoes out again…

 

“Kiss!” Bou shouted as he sat beside us.

 

Oh… the burning tomatoes started to get hotter and hotter…

 

We stared at each other, his eyes boring into mine. I could see his cheeks flushing red.

 

“Kiss!”

 

Bou pushed Khun’s head, causing our lips to crush with each other. Strange… we kept staring at each other’s eyes and that’s including me. Usually, I would look away but this time… it’s different…

 

I didn’t realize that Bou and Wooyoung were watching us… didn’t realize that Bou already took his hand off of Khun’s head… it feels like we’re in our own world.

 

Oh my…

 

-End-

 

-Nickhun pov-

 

My heart beats faster and faster. I’m sure Jiyong feel it. We kept staring at each other’s eyes. Normally, he would look away. I wonder why… Could he already gain some courage to not be shy anymore?

 

“Uh, sorry for interrupting but uh…” Wooyoung faked a coughed, “We got a mission remember?”

 

I slowly got up and helped him after that. He was blushing red which makes him look so adorable and cute.

 

“Aww, you two hubby and wifey are soooo cute!” Bou complimented, pinching both of our cheeks.

 

Wooyung snorted, “Yeah super cute. Now can we start planning a plan?”

 

Bou looked at the three of us. He pouted and made puppy eyes. I folded my arms. I know what this means… it means that he wanted something.

 

He blow air in his cheeks and hugged Wooyoung from behind, “Can I… come with you guys?”

 

“Say what?” Wooyoung raised his eyebrow.

 

“Pretty please!” He made a peace sign, “Beside, I can help you guys in search for Prince Taeyang and-and, I don’t need any disguise or anything. I’m already a disguise.”

 

“Already a... disguise?” Jiyong repeated.

 

“Yup-yup. I only have to change my eyes like those kitty eyes and I’m one of them.”

 

“Oh I don’t want another irritating and annoying gabba-gabba in the group. One gabba-gabba is already enough to drive me insane!”

 

Gabba-gabba? Did he just call me gabba-gabba?

 

Jiyong interrupted and here goes his lecture again. You are sweet my dear but your lecturing mouth is a pain in my ears.

 

Seriously…

 

-End-