Chapter 32 - I Do I Do

Behind the Scenes: Eunhae Revealed

            The wedding was held in the most public arena possible. Of course it had to take place during a Super Show. It was a huge event and all the ELFs were invited to join in person, as well as attend through fancams and watching the live stream. Consider it Super Junior’s gift to Eunhae shippers.

            We prepared for the wedding and let me tell you this, the months leading up to this big event was no picnic. There were a lot of tears involved and a lot of tempers running high. There was quite a bit of anti-fanmail but we always expect it but there was also a lot of approving messages, so we thank you.

            Every detail of the wedding was planned by yours truly and his hyungs. We put in a lot of effort, okay? Donghae and Eunhyuk thinks it’s just going to be a fake ceremony during the concert and then they would have a more private ceremony. They’re wrong. We’re doing the real thing on screen, in front of all of you. Because without ELFs, there would be no Eunhae.
            I helped Ryeowook write the vows because I feel like he would have been too sentimental. Siwon-Hyung insisted on being the minister and I feel like his sermon would soon put you all to sleep, so I have a plan to interrupt his speech if he ever gets off topic. Do not fear, Kyu will be here to entertain you all!

            The food won’t be served until the end, backstage, but it’s the ceremony that is important, right? We even prepared a certain fanchant beforehand and “leaked” it out to the public, but I’m sure you all know about it.

            The day of the wedding came quickly and the two of them, still thinking that this was a crack wedding, decided they weren’t going to wear anything but their Super Show shirts. That’s okay. They were getting married doing what they loved to do, and that was fine.

            They argued a lot over who was wearing the veil, mainly because of the same old “who’s topping” question. At the end, because Eunhyuk was the one to propose, he said that Donghae was stuck with the veil. I think we may try to switch it up during the second ceremony among the members, but I doubt Eunhyuk would let that happen.

            And finally, after many arguments and anger, and a lot of hugging and kissing up, we finally came to the wedding. It was a regular Super Show at first. It was when we were nearing our last song and we were singing “Marry You” that the cue for the wedding to start was given.

            Yesung-Hyung helped provide the props and it was he who jammed the veil graciously over Donghae’s head. The two of them began walking down the aisle and suddenly, it was ELFs singing the song to us. The two of them were smiling until they reached the end of the stage and Siwon was there, wearing his robes, prepared to give his speech.

            “Today we are gathered, in front of God, in front of ELFs, to see the union of two people who are very much in love. We see the smiles they have on their faces for one another and we wish them the best of luck. Today, we have Lee Hyukjae and Lee Donghae.”

            As our gift, we poured water into our mouths and sprayed it all over the happy couple as they exchanged their rings. All the members continued up the song as ELFs started chanting “Eunhae Eunhae!” I conducted from the stage, and I must admit it was a beautiful moment.

            The wedding behind doors was less entertaining, of course. It was more solemn and the two of them were still smiling in happiness. Even I shed a couple of tears at seeing the happy union.

            And tomorrow, we embark on the honeymoon. Yes, all of us are going together. Get excited because it’s going to be the end of this little story. Married life with Eunhae will be kept private… until they decide to mess with the maknae, of course.