"Senior Matsuu!" - Setsuko Eri

Spin-off : Badminton !

“Looks like we will be roommates starting from now on.” Sou set his luggage next to the bed.

“Seems to be.”

“And again, I guess Marius had used this room before I did.”

“True.”

“We need to go now. Co-curriculum is going to start in 30 minutes. Make sure the door is lock.” I said and walked out of the room, heading for Badminton Club.

Hope he is not going to join the same club as mine. I found out he is quite irritating. I don’t know how to describe him in detail but some of words really shot my brain. It was so straightforward and firm.

“Sakamaki, what is our plan today?” I asked, taking a seat at the round table. There were a few of the club members already at the table and this will be our very first club meeting. And we need a new president.

“The members are mostly likely same and only slight new members entered the club. We have to wait for two persons then we can start the president and vice selections.” Said Sakamaki. Sakamaki Sizuka has been the club’s secretary and she is the President for Female Badminton School Club. She has contribute too many competitions and then she got the name ‘Queen of Badminton’ for her speed and skills.

A few seconds the door at my opposite opened and revealing….the most unwanted person I have listed, Matsushima Sou and a girl behind her. “Sorry for waiting. I’m the newbie here.”

“Me too.”

“Good to see you here and please introduce yourself before we do.” Sakamaki said.

“Matsushima Sou.”

“Setsuko Eri.”

“Thank you. The people in front of you right now is the club’s senior and has been through lots of experiences. Our new President is Sato Shori and it is a sudden news, Matsushima Sou will be the Vice President of the Male School Badminton Club.” Sakamaki said again.

“What?!” The other committee member blurted.

“Why is the newbie suddenly became the VP? Even the Intermediate Group B is much better for this job. And they have been in this club for over 3 years!” One of them said.

“This year is not according to majority but to expert and skills. And, teachers who choose the committee members this year. I couldn’t do anything.” She said, shifting gazes to each of them.

“I need an explanation for this. I just couldn’t accept bluntly.”

Sakamaki went to the cupboard nearby and took a thick file; full of papers and flipped it open. She stopped at one page and showed to our assistance secretary club. She stood up and read every single words in the paper.

“He used to represent his school previously but isn’t it unfair for the others? They have been waiting to enter the committee. I understood with his skills are because this stack of papers are his certificates from every levels until National but I can’t accept it.” She said after finishes her readings.

“You guys don’t have to fight because of this small matter. If one person doesn’t agree, then I shall resign from the Vice President seat.” Sou cut into the conversation making everyone turned to him.

“No! Don’t grab me into another trouble.” Sakamaki answered. “Hana, don’t you think I won’t ever fight with teachers because of their decision? It was a two hours discussion and I can’t do anything anymore.” I was there, sitting at the President chair with my hand clasped together; thinking wisely about having Matsushima Sou in this club.

“I guess everything is a full stop. We have to follow what has been stated.” I said.

“Then it is dismissed. Training is as usual this evening. Newbies, the time is 4pm until 6pm.” Sakamaki said and we left the meeting room.

“Yes. I understood, senior.” Setsuko and Matsushima echoed.


Setsuko Eri’s Point of View

It was exciting I get to join the club and hopefully I can represent our school team to every levels. Oh I forgot to introduce myself. The name is Eri, Setsuko Eri. I’m in my first year of high school, major in Sports and Athletics. I’m a cheerful girl and the purpose I join this club is because of one senior, Matsushima Sou.

Badminton was a hobby at first but after I watched him during his training and competitions, this sport making me to explore more. It must be a question how I know Senior Matsu. The answer is, he used to attend the same school as me and I got to know he changed his school to Osaka. So I made a form to apply to the same school. Sadly…. I was..

“I like you Senior. Will you go out with me?” My story stops for a while because I heard a familiar voice nearby. I ran towards the big pots and hid behind it. Okay okay, it is eavesdropping. Please pardon it. It was not on a purpose.

“Sorry. I don’t have any feelings towards you.”

Oh my god! That is Senior Matsu and Senior Sakamaki! Senior Matsu confessed to her! NOOOO!!!! My love is rejected. I feel so sad. Senior Sakamaki left and Senior Matsu looks down. Oh my.. Why Senior… Why it is Senior Sakamaki? Why?!?!?! I was frustrated but then I accidentally dropped my books, making Senior Matsu turned around in instant.

“You?”

“Err-her.. Hi?”

“You heard everything, didn’t you?”

“Eh? I? I mean me? No! Of course…. Not.” I grabbed my books from the ground and turned around.

“You did listen everything.”

His voice sounded so sad. And I was there eavesdropping their conversation. He as man will be so ashamed of been rejected. I’m standing there, frustrating for myself without thinking his feelings. And I’m ready to be hated.

“Sorry, Senior. I don’t mean to. I was walking towards this direction and coincidentally I heard your confession.” I explained.

“Hmm..”

“To heal your sadness, looks like you have to fall in love with me!!~”  AH!! Oh my god! I just said it out loud! Hahah OMG, I just really did!

“Huh? Impossible. I can never fall in love with you”

Again. Rejected directly this time, for the first time. Just now was indirectly.

“Don’t say nonsense and go back home now.”

Impossible. He said impossible.

“Ah, you walk home alone? Be careful”

My eyes blinked as I stood up like a flower blooming and reached out my hand. “So that means, let us go back together!”

“No. My house is at the other direction.”

Grr… I hate this. Ah… Feels like it is not going to work but I can’t give up! Anything or no matter what I have to catch his heart. Yes! I MUST TRY!

-The Next Day-

*POK!!*

Wuuuu the shuttlecock is flying so high. Ohhhh the sun shines brightly today. Hmmm, does it seem telling me something good going to happen? My luck? Assaaaa!!!

“Do you think this is baseball? Or football? Wahhh

“Huh?”

*Tokk*

Oh.. My love instinct is correct! Mansee!! But I can see dark aura in front of me. Gulp.. Could it be..

“Are you okay?” I asked running towards the male badminton court.

“You smashed the shuttlecock at the next court just to see me?!” Senior Matsu is pretty mad about it. Teheee sorry~ Err…

“Can I say this is love gravity? Okay okay.. LOOOOVEEEEE AFFECTION~”

“DOES IT HAS TO FALL ON MY HEAD?!”

“Err…”

He is a cold type but still…

…..I like him!


I was going out of the court but then a loud smash and the shuttlecock hit the wire a few inches from my face. God! That…. Oh my god… That can reduce my life span for 10 years! It was really hard! Good thing, my life is saved and still having the chance to get Senior Matsu.

“Welcome back Eri.” *hurt thumping irregularly*

“H-Hi. Pheww… I thought I was going to end my life there.”

“What?”

I saw Senior Sakamaki placed her racket into her bag and her friends surrounded her.

“Sizuka. You had a great smash just now! You are deserved to be our Female Group captain!”

Listening to one of our experts making my heart beats rapidly.

“Of course.”

This girl is Senior Sakamaki Sizuka. A secretary of this club and the Captain for the Female School Badminton Club. This is the girl who rejects Senior Matsu!

“Okay everyone, our training for today ends here. Good job.” She said, grabbing her backpack.

“Thank you so much!” Everybody echoed.

“Thank you for the lessons, Senior Sakamaki!”

“Sizuka, let me help you with your bag. Looks like it is heavy.” A guy approached her from outside of the female’s changing room. And they are lining up to give a hand to Senior Sakamaki.

“How nice to be her. Senior Sakamaki is soooo popular!”

“I’m jealous looking at her wavy silky dark brown hair. Nobody had ever offer me to help with my bag. It is a huge difference between us compare to her perfection.

“She is cool! Seriously I like her so much!”

“When I was in kindergarten, I used to be popular among our batch.”

“That story was dinosaur era. Rot underground million years ago. Oh puhleaseeeee”

Yes. It is nice to see when everyone is treating us nicely but kindergarten life is different than now. We are cheerful when we were a kid. We treat everyone nicely because parents would always said, ‘we have to treat people nicely if not a monster will eat you lively.’ That was what my parents said every time.

Senior Matsu likes Senior Sakamaki too but I guess he is better with me~ How nice if we can tease each other playfully with love. Teeheee~

Yosh!~ I just have to make him fall for me. And now I know who he likes, then I can simply grab his attentions. I just have to make myself looks like Senior Sakamaki!

I surely can make this !

“Senior! Seniooooorrrrrrrrrr!!” I called, running behind him. Heh, this is a good choice for today. With my wig, I will look like Senior Sakamaki! Taddaaaaa~ Senior look at me~

“Senior! Don’t you think I look like Senior Sakamaki? Ufufufu~” I’m so excited for his reaction but then I didn’t notice my toe hit a hard concrete and……..

……. Ah! Oh.My.God.!