Heroes and Blood Debts

MY PUMPKIN PROFESSOR (My Pumpkin Gyo-soh-nim)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

SUNGMIN couldn't look the police officer in the eyes. But he mumbled all the answers to the questions they threw at him. He was still drunk, that much he was sure of. But he had coffee in his system and the bright light in the police station stunned his drunken stupor to the minimum. But clearly he was going to get in trouble if he didn't tell his student to keep this from spreading over the university-tweet-sphere. He could see it now, #SMUniprofdrunk #SMUnigyosohnimfail #robbedSMUniprof #loserdefenceclassprof That would have been the least scandalous thing that could get out. The reason would get him fired or suspended. Image was an important thing for SMUni. The President of the university could fire someone on a whim and there were people lined up to replace any post that was vacated. And if he lost his job now he would have nothing. Well, he could go back home and be under his father's tyranny yet again and be forced to work for the family business. But he would have to walk on even more delicate eggshells there. And he had barely escaped it by getting a post in the music department. Something that also cost him his happiness. Vicious cycle indeed.

 

When he finished giving his statement it was Tao's turn. He was amazed at how confident he was and how he used his skills to save him. Had it been anyone else, they would have bailed and left him for dead. But not this kid. He was glad that he was around though he would still have to worry about how to pay back this blood debt. Tao did save his life so it was just appropriate that he did something to thank him. Maybe a gift?

 

Once all the statements were done and the bad guys were booked the police allowed them to leave. They didn't ask for a professor for Tao since it was confirmed that he was a professor in the former's university. He got his phone and his wallet back so he was free to leave.

 

"Wait." He stopped Tao by the arm. When Tao faced him he bowed in gratitude.

 

"Ssam! You don't need to do that!" Tao helped him stand up straight because he was still a bit wobbly.

 

"Just let me know what I can do to repay you!" then he countered his offer. "But you can't ask me to do anything illegal and that includes giving you a grade that you don't deserve!"

 

Tao laughed at what he said then shook his head from side to side. "I wouldn't dare ask that of you. And for the record, you don't owe me anything. I was just doing the right thing. Anyone would have done the same thing I did."
 

Sungmin had forgotten how idealistic some kids were. Tao was a breath of fresh air in his suffocating world. "I owe you my life. God knows what does guys would have done if you weren't there. The phone and my wallet I can replace but my life..."he didn't even want to think what else could have happened. "Aside from your grade in any of the classes I would teach now and in the future, you can ask me for anything."

 

Tao scratched the back of his head. Then a slow smirk came out, Sungmin gulped at the sight of his mischievous smile. "How about you just owe me a favor and I will cash it out later on. I mean, I am not going to ask you for money or anything like that. But if I was in a difficult situation I would call on you to help me out." he took out his mobile and then look at him shyly. "But I would have to have your number to do that..."

 

Sungmin gave him the number since he had committed it to memory. He was curious as to why Tao sounded so shy when he asked for his number. "You can call me any time."

 

Tao scratched his nose and blew out a breath. "Can I send you a message as well? Or is that too much? I mean...if I have questions about Uni and stuff..."

 

Sungmin smiled at him. He put his arm around the kid's shoulder and said, "I owe you more than that so it's not a problem. I'll consider you as my dongsaeng from now on. Okay?"

 

Tao didn't look like he liked the idea but still nodded. "So you are my hyungnim now?"

 

"Yeah, but in class I am your teacher so don't be too casual, okay?" He needed to make sure that people didn't talk about them being too close.

 

"Sure. I don't say much in person anyway." Tao sighed.

 

"Y

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter