LONELY HOMECOMING

MY PUMPKIN PROFESSOR (My Pumpkin Gyo-soh-nim)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

WEARING his heart on his sleeves was what Kyuhyun is known for. He sang always, always from his heart. That was the reason why no one in the group acknowledged him at first. He was far too passionate to have control over his emotions. Heechul always centred him, told him what to do and how to appear less like the fool that he felt he was most of the time. This homecoming had been long overdue. Heechul had advised him that pursuing his dream was worth more than trying to get an unsure relationship patched.

 

That was why his hyung felt so guilty he could do anything to make Sungmin love him again. But the heart, however fickle it may seem at times, remembers who it is meant to beat for. And Kyu believed in that, love at first sight and the fairytales of happily ever after. He'd hoped for Sungmin to be his prince. It was his impatience that he blames for this temporary loss of sanity on Sungmin's part. They were together for four years. It was meant more than one night with a pup.

 

He was willing to grovel and to be devious just to get his beloved back. Even if it meant letting Tao have him for now. Even if it meant hurting Sungmin just to have him again.

 

Kangin held him close when they greeted each other. The others were there, except of course those who were overseas. "Welcome home, maknae." Kangin's warm voice made Kyu tear up. "Let's have the tears in the car. Siwon's fans might spot us and we don't want yours to see you crying. We've had enough crying scandals on twitter for this year." The rest got the joke but Kyu was too dazed to even say anything let alone smile.

 

"He's in SMUni. He said he'd come over to Siwon's after his class." Yesung knew what he was wondering about and had eased his mind by telling him where Sungmin was.

 

"I hope you guys are not thinking he went back home because of Sungmin." Heechul was trying to protect him again. The rest was on to him.

 

"Do you want us to pretend that they never broke up and that there is not going to be any awkwardness now that Sungmin is with Tao? What kind of friends do you think we are, huh?" Jungsu was uncharacteristically sarcastic.

 

"I don't want to cause Sungmin any trouble." he finally found the line that Heechul had asked him to say. He wanted this to work. He was going to make sure that by the end of this month he had Sungmin back in his arms. And that foolish panda was out of the picture.

 

He smiled, his timid but familiar smile. "I just want to make sure that he is really happy."

 

"Sooo you are not going to try to get back together with him?" Kibum had to ask.

 

"If he chooses me over someone else then he has to do it willingly. I am not going to force him to do anything that he doesn't want to." Siwon eyed him with pity reflected on his eyes. "Don't give me that look. I am not saying that I am hoping they break up but if Sungmin sees me and tells me I still have a chance with him, I am saying that I won't let anything get in the way of that, not even my own stupid pride."

 

They rode in two vans and Kyu sat next to Jungsu. "If you are planning something devious with Heechul let me just tell you now that I am against it. If I find out that you are planning to break Tao and Sungmin up just so you can have him back, then you are not just going to loose Sungmin but me as your hyung as well."

 

"So you prefer Tao over me?" he was genuinely hurt.

 

"What kind of friends do you think we are, the fair-weathered kind who lets the other do whatever he pleases? I am your hyung, I will not sit back and watch you destroy the happiness of another person just because you selfishly think that you own them. I know you Kyu, you hate to loose. You want things that people already have. The reason you left Sungmin may be some noble act of self-preservation. But you proved nothing but that you can't stand up for what you decided in the first place. If you really love Sungmin, you would let him be happy with whomever he chooses to be with."

 

And he would choose me, just wait and see.

 

 

The party was already in full swing, full of old friends and classmates. Everything was being broadcasted over to China, Canada and the US for the other SUJU member's benefit. It was like an impromptu reunion for their batch. Siwon was the host and they were all having a blast. Sungmin came in with a bottle of wine and an .

 

Holding the mic for the mini-stage, Siwon ushered Sungmin to the stage for a performance. He was of course hoping that Sungmin would sing with Kyu just like old times. They made a terrific duo in the past. But Sungmin surprised everyone when he asked Tao to sing with him.

"I know that you all knew this about me but I am grateful that you never told anyone or tried to confirm it. But I am, saying it now. I am coming out of my academe closet and letting it all out. I hope

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter