Does She Still Like Him?

The Pretty One II

"What should I do?" L.Joe let out a sigh. He bit his lip and racked his head for ideas, but he had never been anything near romantic and he sure as hell didn't know how to impress a girl intentionally.

He had to admit that the little show he put up at the school's cafeteria on the day of Chaekyung and his fake one month anniversary was the ultimate peak of his romanticism, he had never done anything quite like that before and he sure as hell didn't know what went into his head at that time.

If he told Chaekyung that he loved her for real, he would have to make sure it would be the most memorable confession in the history of mankind. And this time, he didn't want to put up a show for an audience, he wanted his heart to be heard by her and only her.

There was just one tinsy tinsy bit of nagging concern that was holding him back from driving to Chaekyung's house now and spilling his heart out: he wasn't sure if Chaekyung still liked L.

That girl had been absolutely infatuated with the stupid guy just a little more than a month ago, and he wasn't sure if his charms were enough to make her forget about him so quickly. 

Insecure. He was actually feeling insecure because of Lee Chaekyung now. Him. Lee Byunghun.

"What are you doing to me, princess?" L.Joe groaned to himself and buried his face in his pillow. His small rented apartment didn't feel much like home now because he hardly spent time in it, spending most his time in Chaekyung's room and the Lee house. That girl was really something, making such drastic changes in his life without him even realizing it.

L.Joe sighed softly and flexed his arms, trying to loosen the strain in his muscles. He was so nervous just thinking about Chaekyung's possible remaints of feelings for L. Please, forget about him.

 

 

 

 

"You slowpoke." L.Joe flicked Chaekyung's forehead affectionately and helped her off his bike, reaching for her hand in a familiar natural action and intertwining their fingers together.

Chaekyung swallowed discreetly and stared down at their hands, conscious all of a sudden. Her cheeks grew hot out of their own accord and her other hand flew up to touch them. She squeezed her eyes shut and took a deep breath.

The realization that she actually developed feelings for L.Joe was making her acutely aware of so many little things she never noticed before. She never minded the skinship she shared with him, but now every single touch was making her weak in the knees even though she was sure he wasn't even trying to seduce her.

Gawd, she didn't think she could last the entire day.

L.Joe led her to the cinema where some of the others were waiting. The few free ones from the gang met up for a movie that Saturday afternoon, and L.Joe had surprisingly agreed to it when Chaekyung mentioned she was interested in joining. The L.Joe she knew from before would hardly bother about entertaining the others he didn't care about, but he changed.

Chaekyung had a feeling L.Joe changed for a certain someone but her brain kept jamming her sister's name whenever she thought about this issue. It had to be due to Jaekyung. The only logical explanation was because L.Joe wanted to get closer to Jaekyung, and sometimes had to get into Chaekyung's good books in hope that the younger sister would put in a few good words for him.

She sighed softly, her heart sinking. Why was she always involved in unrequited love?

Being the klutz she was, Chaekyung didn't notice a bicycle that was coming in their direction, her mind to cluttered with thoughts. L.Joe's eyes widened and he promptly pulled her flush against him, his arm wrapping around her waist firmly as the bicycle flew past them narrowly.

He narrowed his eyes at the rider and didn't hesitate giving the latter his middle finger. "Watch where you're going!" he hollered, unnecessarily angered by the latter's uncareful actions. ", if he hurt you I'd snap his head in half." L.Joe muttered under his breath and looked down at Chaekyung in concern. His hand reached to cup her face tenderly as he scanned her eyes. "You okay princess?"

Nope. Not at all. Her heart might be facing some difficulties in the near future should it be unable to slow down to it's normal speed. 

Chaekyung tore herself away from L.Joe's firm grip, making sure that there was absolutely zero point of contact between them. She had never been a good liar, and every of her emotions were displayed blatantly on her face for everyone to see. She knew she had to be blushing madly then, and one look at her would definitely give away her secret newfound feelings for her fake boyfriend, which was why she had to stay as far as possible from him.

"I'm fine." she managed to squeak out. She pretended to check out the time on her phone which gave her the excuse to lower her head so that her hair could shield her flaming cheeks. "Let's go quickly, I think L oppa and the rest are there." she mumbled, hurrying away quickly, a hand to her heart.

L.Joe on the other hand, frowned as she walked away. His arms would be groaning at the loss of contact if they had mouths of their own, and he struggled to keep his hormones in check from pulling her back and planting his lips on hers immediately. He didn't think she realized it, but her mention of L's name was like a sudden cold shower that poured upon him, shaking him awake.

He scowled and followed her, cursing L a million different names inside his head. He never hated a guy so much. God help him or he would probably kill L before the end of the day.

-----

"Your boyfriend is especially attentive today isn't he?" Soomi pulled Chaekyung to the side and whispered with a foolish grin on her face. "Look, he's staring at you even as we speak."

Chaekyung risked a glance back and saw that L.Joe was indeed watching her with a tender expression on his face. He caught her looking and he raised his brows, sending her a heart stopping smirk. Chaekyung immediately looked away, her stupid cheeks turning the colour of tomatoes within seconds.

"He's just teasing." Chaekyung muttered.

Soomi sighed dreamily. "I wish I had a boyfriend like him." she murmured. "Anyway, you seem to be exceptionally uncomfortable with him today too." she observed. "You seemed stiff as a pole when he took your hand just now. It took everything for Yoomi and I not to burst into laughter!" she giggled.

Chaekyung mentally smacked herself. "You saw?" she groaned to herself. She didn't realize she was so obvious. She had been working really hard to appear nonchalant and neutral to L.Joe the entire day, but it was so hard. Her body and heart reacted to every single little thing he did and she didn't know how to act indifferent.

Soomi washed her hands quickly and nudged Chaekyung. "Better get back to your lover boy before he misses you too much. Look at you, blushing over him." she teased playfully. "How sweet!"

Chaekyung sent her friend a look and glanced back at the table where the gang was seating. L.Joe's gaze found hers within seconds and his eyes softened, cocking his head and gesturing for her to sit beside him. Chaekyung swallowed, trying to remain calm.

She HAD to stay away from him until she could control her reactions around him. What would he do if he knew she had fallen for him? Chaekyung didn't want to know.

She looked at the other available seat at the table longingly, wanting to put as much distance between L.Joe and herself before she combusted under his heated stare. She didn't notice that the only other seat available was next to L, and that L.Joe caught her staring and misunderstood.

He glanced at L and his expression darkened. Did she still like him? Even now?

He watched her carefully as she returned to his side, sliding carefully in the seat beside him. He was painfully aware of the larger-than-natural gap she placed between them, which annoyed him to no end.

L.Joe noticed that she was being exceptionally quiet and he tilted her face to his. "Why? Are you tired?" he asked in concern. Her dark circles were rather obvious that day, but he had no idea he was the very reason for her lack of sleep the previous night.

The only answer he got was a short nod.

Not to be discouraged, L.Joe looped his arm around her and pulled her to him, placing her head on his shoulder. It was a natural action and they had done this numerous times in the past, especially when Chaekyung grew sleepy of studying in some afternoons. She once mentioned that his shoulders were more comfortable than her pillow, which made him smile.

"Sleep for a while then, I'll wake you when the food arrives." L.Joe brushed the hair away from Chaekyung's face. The others at the table looked upon them adoringly, keeping their aww's to themselves.

Chaekyung stiffened, not able to act naturally because she was so nervous abour him all of a sudden. "It's okay, I'm not that tired." she sprang upright, looking away from him.

It just so happened that the direction she looked was where L was sitting. L.Joe frowned inwardly, his heart sinking as he clenched his fists.

Did she really still like L? Was there no hope for him?

 

---

It's been...two months? I'm so sorry! Life hasn't been very forgiving lately and I was caught up in school.

The awful finals have finally ended so I will be updating more frequently now! :)