Whipped

The Pretty One II

"You're leaving already, Chaekyung?" Jaekyung looked up, surprised.

Chaekyung glanced up and gave a half smile while tying her shoelaces. "Yeah unnie, I'm going off now."

"Isn't L.Joe coming to pick you up as per usual?" Jaekyung blinked. "If he isn't, you can take Myungsoo's car with us you know."

Chaekyung looked away, not meeting her sister's eyes since she couldn't lie well. She wasn't sure if L.Joe was coming to pick her up but she sure wasn't going to take his bike after what he said the previous day. He had no idea how close he hit to home with his words.

She knew she was inferior to her sister but that didn't give him any right to say that out loud. It damaged her self confidence so badly with the fear that other people could see through her front and everyone would know that she was in fact inferior to her sister despite her school princess status. L.Joe had no idea how much his statement hurt her.

"I have some stuff to do at school for a project so I'm going to school early. No worries unnie, see you later." Chaekyung mumbled a quick lie before slipping out of the door before Jaekyung could question her further. She sighed to herself and bit her lip. She hoped she didn't see L.Joe much today because he just reminded her about how another one person knew she wasn't comparable to her sister.

Chaekyung saw a rock on the ground and she kicked it hard. "Lee Byunghun, you meanie." she huffed.

 

 

 

 

L.Joe drove to the Lee house early that morning to pick Chaekyung up. Heck, he even had a stalk of rose hidden in his bag for his apology. He just hoped his princess would forgive him for his harsh mindless words the previous day.

A rock rolled in his direction and L.Joe swerved to avoid it, not minding it too much since he was so nervous about apologizing.

He stopped in front of the Lee house and hopped off his bike, biting his lips and pacing around in front of the house, swallowing. Okay so this was much harder than he thought.

"Hi princess." L.Joe rehearsed, he held the stalk of rose awkwardly. "Uh, good morning?" he shook his head and raked his fingers through his hair. "Hi princess, uh about what I said yesterday....I uh..." He shook ihs head again and frowned. "I just want to say sor..sor.."

"Sor?"

L.Joe wheeled around in surprise to come face to face with an amused Jaekyung. She laughed softly and raised her brows at him when she caught sight of the rose in his hand. L.Joe reddened and hid the rose behind his back because, yeah maybe she would forget about it's existence if she didn't see it anymore. Not. "Hi Jaekyung."

"Hey." Jaekyung laughed softly. "I saw you outside here and came to talk to you. Why are you here earlier than usual?"

L.Joe his lips and looked past her into the house. Was Chaekyung still sleeping? That lazy bum took such a long time to wake up every morning. "Uh princess, I mean Chaekyung-"

"Oh she's so blur." Jaekyung shook her head. "I think she forgot to tell you. She has to settle some things for her project so she went to school early. She only just left." she pointed.

L.Joe's face fell visibly. , he messed up bad enough that Chaekyung took to waking up early and leaving before him to avoid seeing him?

L.Joe whirled around immediately to get back to his bike and almost forgot about Jaekyung's existence. Jaekyung laughed softly and gestured for him to go, amusement shining in her eyes. "Go get to her. I think she couldn't have went off that far."

Not needing a second reminder, L.Joe set off. He didn't get too far when he saw a familiar figure waiting for the bus at the near by bus stop. Chaekyung was staring blankly into space and L.Joe didn't know if he was hallucinating but she did seem more tired than usual.

It couldn't be that she lost sleep because of what he said right? L.Joe felt the guilt rise up higher in his throat.

Chaekyung caught sight of him even before he reached the bus stop and her eyes visibly widened. She gasped and her eyes darted around, not knowing where she could go to avoid him. She didn't want to see him, she was angry alright?

She got up immediately, hugging her bag and looking like she wanted to run. L.Joe drove towards her quickly and stopped in front of her. "Hey princess."

A few other girls at the bus stop squealed at the sight of L.Joe, causing him to feel more confident about himself. He hopped off the bike suavely, gaining confidence in every step. Chaekyung didn't look mesmerised however and shuffled further and further away while shooting him glares. "Why didn't you wait for me princess?"

"I don't want to see you, what else?" Chaekyung shot back, huffing while narrowing her eyes. She crossed her arms and didn't look at him as if the sight of him hurt her eyes. "Go away, I don't want to see you." she muttered.

The other girls gasped collectively and gaped at Chaekyung as if she lost her mind. That guy was hot with a capital H, what on earth was wrong with her for rejecting him? L.Joe didn't seem to know what to do after her retort and it was pretty obvious that even though he had the looks to be a potential cassanova, he obviously couldn't attain that status because he wasn't good with girls.

"I uh..." L.Joe swallowed, not knowing what to do. Chunji told him to apologize but...he glanced at the audience they had which was growing rapidly by the second. Was he supposed to apologize here? Like that?

L.Joe couldn't even say the S word without stuttering much, he never had to say it even if he was the one at fault before. He was the hyung in the group and Chunji, Changjo and Niel always had to listen to him. And girls? They would do anything with just a smile from him.

But this Lee Chaekyung... Aish.

Though it was true that he was the one at fault though, so he should really apologize shouldn't he? But his pride!!!! L.Joe squeezed his eyes shut and tried to imagine that everyone around them weren't there except for Chaekyung and him. "A-About yesterday, Chaekyung ah.."

L.Joe nearly smacked himself for stuttering but he willed himself to go on. He had to get this over and done with anyway and he really hated the feeling of Chaekyung ignoring him. His multiple texts and calls were ignored and God, he hated it. Especially when the other party was Chaekyung.

"I just want to apologize for my rash words last night." L.Joe blurted, rushing like a bullet train. "I wasn't thinking when I said that and I really hope you'd forgive me I won't talk without thinking through properly ever again. I didn't mean it, so if you'd just forgive me and come back as the princess I know...please?"

L.Joe stood there stupidly, wondering why on earth Chaekyung wasn't saying anything. Was his speech not good enough? He wasn't good with words damn it, if she wanted more he wouldn't know how satisfy her. And the thought of her continuing with his cold war torture was just too paintful to bear.

"Yah Lee Chaeky-" L.Joe snapped his eyes open to glare at her but found himself staring at an empty spot. His eyes widened and he looked around, only to notice that Lee Chaekyung wasn't even there anymore.

The bunch of girls were staring at him with wide eyes and L.Joe actually ducked his head in embarrassment. , was he talking to himself the entire time?

"Your girlfriend left on the bus." One girl murmured, pointing on the road. L.Joe glanced and saw the bus rolling merrily away and disappearing around the corner.

L.Joe groaned and quickly got on his bike away, racing after the bus. "Lee Chaekyung you're really a princess huh." he muttered. "Even an apology is so hard with you."

 

 

 

"Hyung hyung!" Ricky whispered loudly and tapped L.Joe on the shoulder. L.Joe shrugged, annoyed. "Why is Chaekyung ignoring you?" he asked curiously. "Chaekyung is usually bubbly and friendly and she never holds grudges. You must have done something bad to her didn't you hyung." Ricky frowned.

L.Joe shot Ricky a look. "Don't probe." he snapped.

Ricky huffed and pouted cutely. "No I want to probe! Chaekyung is the princess of the school what did you do to her?" he harrumphed faithfully as Chaekyung's fanboy. "Hyung you better treat Chaekyung right okay because I'll not forgive you if you don't!"

CAP stiffled a laugh since it was the first time he heard Ricky threatening someone, even if it didn't sound very threatening. "What can you do to L.Joe even if he does hurt Chaekyung huh?"

Ricky wrinkled his nose and pouted. "I can...I can..." he bit his lip. "I will do everything in my ability!" he huffed. Ever since he found out that L.Joe was dating Chaekyung, Ricky wasn't very happy about it but couldn't do anything about it except sulk everyday.

"Never thought I'd see the mighty Lee Byunghun helpless in face of a girl." CAP muttered under his breath while knowing that L.Joe caught every word. He snickered when L.Joe shot him a glare. The bell rang at this moment signalling the end of the lesson and the class instantly became louder and more chaotic.

"Whipped, aren't you, Lee Byunghun." CAP raised his brows at L.Joe.

L.Joe narrowed his eyes at CAP. "I'm not whipped." he snapped. "Yeah?" CAP snickered. "Then why do you look like you ate something awful when Chaekyung refused to look in your direction no matter how you cleared your throat?"

Whipping around, L.Joe frowned. "I didn't okay?" he internally questioned his own expression. "She doesn't mean anything to me alright? When have I ever said anything I don't mean anyway, I mean it when I say she doesn't mean anything and what I said yesterday afternoon and-"

"Hyung." Ricky gasped, his eyes wide.

L.Joe groaned, annoyed as he turned around. His eyes widened in a similar fashion as he stared at Chaekyung's hurt expression. His heart lurched with guilt as he remembered how he promised himself he would prevent her from feeling any degree of hurt because of him.

Chaekyung blinked away tears and her heel, rushing to the door. She accidentally crashed into a guy on the way out and fell on the floor with a loud thud. L.Joe jerked out of his chair in alarm.

Chaekyung scrambled up, her head bowed while the male student apologized profusely. "I'm so sorry Chaekyung sshi! I didn't see you coming-"

But before he could finish, she already darted out of the door. The male student looked extremely depressed, thinking he was the one responsible for the tears on her face.

Ricky shot an accusing look at L.Joe and huffed. "Look what you did hyung! You made her cry!"

L.Joe's fingers curled into fists and he swallowed hard, cringing. , he messed up bad. Without thinking, L.Joe rushed out of the door after Chaekyung, hollering her name like the love sick fool he swore not to portray himself as.

CAP raised his brows as he watched L.Joe go. "As I said," he snickered. "Whipped."