Chapter 8

My Fake Girlfriend

            Seeyang smiled as she came into the hospital room with a tray of food.  She had just entered the room of an 8 year old girl who has just recently been diagnosed with Leukemia.  Her parents were out working, but her grandmother was going to come in soon.   Seeyang held the tray with one arm and pulled out the side table, then placed the tray on there. 

            “So how are you today, Eunsun?” asked Seeyang.

            She smiled innocently.  “I’m good.” she answered.

            “Here, have your breakfast.” said Seeyang.

            Eunsun smiled, as she grabbed the spoon on the tray.  She got a spoonful of rice and ate it.  Then, she got a spoonful of the soup.

            “When are you going home?” asked Seeyang.

            “I think in another day.” answered Eunsun, with a smile.

            Seeyang patted the little girl on the head.  “I’ll see you soon.” she said, implying that she will see the girl again when she comes back for her chemotherapy.

            “OK!” answered Eunsun with an innocent smile.

            Seeyang quickly stepped out of the room.  It wasn’t fair that such a little thing like her will have to go through chemotherapy.  A baby was crying in one of the rooms, which caused Seeyang to go in there to check if anything was wrong.  It was the room of another little boy who was diagnose with Diabetes Type 1.  He was crying because the doctor had just gotten a blood sample from him to check the sugar content in his blood.   Seeyang frowned sadly, as she stepped out. She sees a lot that goes on in the hospital; many unfortunate stories that are left untold to the world.  At times, she wishes that she can take away all the pain that these people suffer through, but she knows that it is impossible. 

 

 

            “So, how have you been?” asked Nikki, Seeyang’s friend from the U.S.  They have been friends ever since kindergarten. 

            Nikki was sad that Seeyang had to leave the states after they finished 6th grade.  Amazingly, they have been able to continue keeping in contact with each other throughout the 10 years that they have been apart.  Nikki Montri is an American born Thai young woman.  Her family owns a restaurant that has been rated as one of the best restaurants in Oakland for over two decades.  They also own another restaurant in Bangkok that is also highly ranked by many reviewers from famous magazines to the local newspapers.

            “I’m fine.” smiled Seeyang.  They were talking through Skype.  It was a lazy Sunday afternoon.  It was 3 PM in Seoul, South Korea and 11 PM in Oakland, California USA.  It was still Saturday for them.

            “Since you’re able to talk to me, are you not working today?” asked Nikki.

            “No, I’m going to work later at 6 PM.” said Seeyang.

            “Gosh, you crazy person!” said Nikki, with a smile.  “Since I wasn’t able to talk to you for months, I was so afraid that you had a cardiac arrest from stress and was in the hospital or something!!”

            “OK?” asked Seeyang, confused.  “Thank you for worrying about me though.  That is really sweet of you.  I’ve received the 200 emails you sent me over these 2 weeks.”  They were simply talking in English, since Nikki couldn’t speak Korean to save her life.  As much as this girl was in love with Kpop, she wasn’t going to bother trying.

            Nikki let out a laugh.  “I’m glad you’re safe though.” she said.  “What have you been doing?”

            “I’ve been watching You’re Beautiful.” answered Seeyang, just as Yonghwa walked into the room.  She was on Jonghyun’s bed with her laptop on top of one of her textbooks.  The guys had came home not too long ago from the practice room.  So, they were watching TV in the living room, relaxing from a hard day of practicing.  Seeyang looked at Yonghwa and smiled.  He sweetly smiled back, as he sat down on his bed.  He must had wanted to write music or something down because he took out a notebook and a pencil.

            “Oh yeah?” asked Nikki, surprised.  “You’re watching it?  You’re actually considering my favorites?”

            Seeyang laughed.  “I’m done with the drama.” she answered.  “And, what do you mean?  I just haven’t had much time so that was why I haven’t been able to watch those dramas that you like.”

            Nikki smiled, excitedly.  “Now that you’re finally into what I am into…  Who do you like?” she asked.  “Taekyung, the bad boy?  Shinwoo, the heartmelter?  Or, Jeremy, the sunny bunny?”

            Seeyang smiled, as she looked over at Yonghwa.  He was quiet, as he wrote down something on his notebook.  “I like…  Shinwoo Oppa.” she said.

            Nikki let out a scream.  “Me too!!!” she squirmed, happily.  “I’m in love with him!!”

            “What’s his real name?” asked Seeyang, pretending to be clueless.

            “Jung Yonghwa!!” smiled Nikki. “Oh MY GOD!!!  He’s absolutely perfect!!!!”

            “Jung Yonghwa?” asked Seeyang, innocently.  “His name sounds familiar…”

            “Seeyang!!!  He’s in a band, for God’s sake!!!” said Nikki, getting angry.  “You’re the one in Korea and, yet, you don’t even know my future husband?!!  How could you?”

            She took a little glance at Yonghwa.  He was in a completely cool composure.  She smiled.  “I’m sorry…  CN Blue, right?” she asked.

            “Of course CN Blue!” answered Nikki.  “Hey!!  Why do you keep on glancing to your right?”

            Seeyang smiled, as she made an obvious turn towards Yonghwa.  She turned back to the webcam.  “I was looking at my neighbor.” she said.

            “Hmmm….” said Nikki, nodding her head.  “Are you sure it’s not your boyfriend?”

            “What?” laughed Seeyang, as Yonghwa smiled and looked over at her. 

            “I was just playing around with you.” said Nikki, waving her hand in a shooing manner.  “Since you do know who CN Blue is, who is your favorite member?”

            “Lee Jonghyun is my boyfriend.” answered Seeyang.

            “Sorry, Yonghwa is my bias.” smiled Nikki, causing Seeyang to just smile harder if possible.  “Jonghyun, huh?  He’s not bad…  Handsome guy, but I like my cute cute Yongie!!”

            Seeyang let out a laugh, as she glanced over at Yonghwa.  He smiled down at his notebook and shook his head.  “OK.  I get it.  You are a fan of Yonghwa.” she nodded her head.  “And, he is your bias…”

            “Is your neighbor hot or what?  You keep on looking at him.” said Nikki.

            “How would you know that it’s a guy?” asked Seeyang.

            Nikki smiled.  “If it was a woman, you wouldn’t care.” she said.

            Seeyang fanned herself as if she’s hot.  “Man...” she said, with a smile.  “I’m watching him take off his clothes…  Yup…  He’s amazing.”

            Nikki’s eyes lit up.  “OMG!!!  I want to be there!!!” she said.  “Put your laptop up to the window so I can see!!!”  Seeyang’s webcam was built into her laptop; Nikki’s was the same as well.

            “No way!!” said Seeyang.  “Then, he’ll really know that I am watching him!!  I’m not a !  It’s not my fault their curtain’s aren’t closed.”

            “Their?” asked Nikki, confused.

            “There’s two of them.” smiled Seeyang.  “Both handsome, tall, and wonderful...”

            “Oh man!!  There’s two of them!!” said Nikki, with a huge smile.

            “They could be gay, you know.” said Seeyang and she could hear Yonghwa coughing lightly.  “The taller one is pretty, so he can play the role of the girl…  The shorter one is manly, so he’ll be the guy.”

            Nikki laughed.  “But, they’re hot, right?” she asked.  “Sometimes…  As sad as it is, that’s all that MATTERS!!  Tell me more!!  I want to know more!!  What do you see?”

            Seeyang smiled harder if possible, as she looked over at Yonghwa.  He looked over at her with an ARE-YOU-SERIOUS face, as he tried not to smile.  At that moment, Jonghyun came into the room.  “Oh…  Hello, baby.” said Seeyang, seductively.

            “What?!!” asked Nikki, excitedly.

            Yonghwa let out a silent laugh, as Jonghyun flashed the two a confused look.  Seeyang laughed.  “Oh my gosh!” she said.  “The other one is taking off his clothes as well!!”  Nikki let out an excited, wild scream.

            “What are you watching?  ?” laughed Jonghyun, boldly.  Only he would be able to ask her that since the two were now so comfortable with each other.  Minhyuk and Jungshin came into the room, curious about the screaming.  Meanwhile, Seeyang and Yonghwa were dying from laughing.  The guys just watched them, confused.

            “Seeyang?!!  Why are you laughing?!!” asked Nikki.  “And, who’s laughing with you?”

            After Seeyang was able to breathe again, she looked at her watch.  “There’s no one here…  You’re just hearing things…  I should get ready to go to work now.  So, we’ll have to talk another time.”

            “Aw, man!!” said Nikki.  “OK…  Bye.”

            Seeyang smiled.  “Bye.” she said.  “Email me.”

            “Same here.” said Nikki, with a smile.  Then, they both ended their Skype calls with each other.  Yonghwa looked over at Seeyang, as she looked at him.  They both busted out laughing. 

            “What’s going on?” asked Jungshin, confused.

            “Noona, you were watching ?” asked Minhyuk, surprised.

            “No.” answered Seeyang.  Yonghwa was seriously having breathing difficulties due to the lack of oxygen from his hard laughing.  “It was my friend from the states…  She was just…  Excited about my neighbors.”

            “Neighbors?” asked Jonghyun, as Seeyang turned off her computer.

            She smiled, as she got off the bed.  “Of course.” she said, as she stepped out of the room.  The guys were eyeing her because of her vague answer.

            “Hey!” said Yonghwa, as he got off the bed, following Seeyang.  The guys followed after him, curious.  “That’s not fair!!”

            “What’s not fair?” asked Seeyang, as she turned to face Yonghwa.

            “W-We’re not gay!  Why would you say that?!!” asked Yonghwa, hurt.

            Seeyang laughed.  “I’ve never said that you and Jonghyun were.” she said.  “I said that you guys could be gay.  I didn’t really say that you guys are gay.”

            “What?!!” asked Jonghyun, horrified.

            “B-But, still!!” said Yonghwa.

            “You said that we are gay?” asked Jonghyun, offended.

            “No!!” answered Seeyang.  “That wasn’t it!”

            “I-I don’t think I want to sleep with you any more, Yonghwa.” said Jonghyun, awkwardly.

            “Where are you going to sleep then, huh?” asked Yonghwa, mockingly. 

            Seeyang wanted to laugh.  For a split second, they almost seem like a gay couple.  Before Jonghyun could answer, she said, “You can sleep with me.”

            “Really?” asked CN Blue, unison.

            “Of course.” smiled Seeyang.  “I don’t mind.  It’s a full size so it’s bound to fit two people, right?”

            “Noona!!” said Minhyuk, as he came to Seeyang’s side.  “Why don’t I share a bed with you and Jonghyun can just sleep on my bed?”

            Seeyang flashed him a smile, about to answer, but Jonghyun did for her.  “Minhyuk.” he said, as he pulled the younger man away from her.  “Go get your own girlfriend.”

            “So, we’re not going to do as Minhyuk says?” asked Seeyang, as she looked up at Jonghyun.

            “No.” he answered.  “Of course not!  I’m supposed to be your boyfriend!  Why am I going to let Minhyuk sleep with you?”

            Seeyang just shrugs her shoulders.  “I was just wondering.” she replied, with an innocent smile.

 

**NOTE:  Hello, hello!  I hope that you all are enjoyed this chapter a lot!!!  I'm glad that I'm finally making the pair closer...  I'm sorry that the process is so slow...  But, keep on hanging on!  Thank you for your love and support!!

LOVE,

loveFORyunho

on 8/22/2010 @ 8:08 PM PST