Chapter 74

My Fake Girlfriend

            “Hello, everyone!” smiled Seeyang, as she waved to the camera.  “As of March 13, I will no longer be in the entertainment industry.  I have personally decided to pull myself out because I have felt that my true passion for medicine should be my main career.

             “So much has happened within the last year and so many have had high hopes of my further progression in the entertainment industry.  I am sorry that I have informed you with the bad news.  Also, I want to thank all of my fans and those that have supported me through out this year.  Without your encouragement, I would have not made it this far within one year.” continued Seeyang.  “Thank you all so much for your love.  This is Hwan Seeyang and I hope to meet many of you on the streets~”

            She waved goodbye to the camera with a genuine smile.

 

 

            Jonghyun was knocking at Seeyang’s door for at least a minute when he realized that she wasn’t home.  It didn’t make any sense because she had told him at the beginning of the month that she won’t have any schedules for at least 4 months. 

            Maybe she went to the grocery store, he thought.   I’ll just wait for her until she comes back

            He patiently waited for her for another hour.  Still, Seeyang didn’t show up.  Confused, Jonghyun calls her, but her phone was off.  He sighed and left a message for her.

            “That doesn’’t make any sense…” said Jonghyun, as he took the bouquet of mixed flowers and the box of Godiva chocolates back with him.  He was worried that her fans might throw his things away because they know her living location now.

            It was March 14, White Day, where it’s the men’s turn to give something to their lover.  Just 2 days prior, Seeyang said that she wasn’t going to be doing anything when the pair celebrated their 2nd year anniversary.  Then, 10 days before that, the guys and her had a low-keyed birthday party for her.

            “Hyung, where did you went?” asked Minhyuk, as he watched Jonghyun walked into the dorm.  He was eating some microwave spaghetti with Jungshin and Yonghwa.  The trio was oblivious to the box of chocolates and boquet of flowers he had in his hand.

            “I went over to spend sometime with Seeyang, but she wasn’t home.” he replied from the kitchen.  “Maybe, something came up…”

            The trio looked at each other, confused.  “Hyung…  Didn’t Noona tell you?” asked Jungshin.

            “What?” asked Jonghyun, as he got a fork and digged into the mircowaved spaghetti.

            Yonghwa watched Jonghyun eating, hesitating.  “Seeyang is in Busan.” he said.

            Jonghyun swallowed the lump of plain, tasteless lump of noodles and tomato sauce.  Nothing could ever compare to Seeyang’s pasta.  “What?” he asked.

            “Seeyang Noona is in Busan.” repeated Minhyuk.

            “S-She never told me that she was going to go.” replied Jonghyun, as a wave of unexplainable emotions washed over him.  Seeyang has never kept anything from him before and why would she start now?

            “I’m going to go make a call.” replied the guitarist, as he stood up and headed into his bedroom. 

            He tried to call Seeyang, but her phone was still off.  He left her a message.  “Domestic Goddess, this is No. 1.  Is there something wrong?  Is your family OK?  You didn’t tell me that you were going to go to Busan today…” Jonghyun started.  “It’s OK.  I’ll just give you the things I got for you for White Day when you’re back.”

            Jonghyun sighed as he sat on his bed.  He has been busy ever since March started because he was casted as the leading role for a drama with Park Gyuri called Oh! My Idol!  Jonghyun plays the fanboy who gets the chance to live with his favorite stuckup idol, played by Gyuri, for 6 months on a reality show.  And, over the 6 months, the pair runs into trouble here and there.  He hasn’t started to film yet, but he has been going over lines with Gyuri for the last few days for the first 2 episodes.

             I hope everything is OK, he thought.

 

 

            Seeyang swallowed hard as she her phone.  There were 20 missed calls from Jonghyun and about 50 texts that she received from him.  She quickly turned off her phone, not wanting her phone on any more.  She was home, back in Busan.  Seeyang’s arrival back to Busan was very sudden, just as how she made her mistakes so suddenly.

            A wave of emotions washed over her as she got off her bed.  Jonghyun and she had slept together.  She gave him her purity…  What was she thinking?  Why did she let it happen?  We were in the heat of the moment, thought Seeyang as she shook her head.  It’s nothing…  Nothing.  Jonghyun is just a guy…  He’ll get over it…  The contract already ended anyways.  We shouldn’t hold onto a relationship that began as a lie because we would never last anyways…  Not only that, but he never wanted me from the beginning.

            “It’s best that we no longer come into contact with each other.” said Seeyang, softly.  “The contract has ended; Jonghyun and I got what we wanted.  He wanted more media attention and I, money.  It’s all good.  No more strings attached…”

            Why did Seeyang decided to leave so suddenly?  She shook her head.  Because, it’s best that I do that because that was how I entered Jonghyun and the guys’s life…  I just came in so suddenly.  So, I’ll leave suddenly like how it was in the beginning, thought Seeyang.

 

 

            2 weeks past by and Jonghyun started to worry.  Seeyang never returned his phone calls.  He called her constantly when he could, hoping that she would pick up.  He had already started to film for his drama so he was busy, but Seeyang lingered at the back of his mind.

            Thanks to Jonghyun’s busy schedule, he would sleep when he gets the chance.  The business made him fall asleep.  But, he knew that if Seeyang doesn’t pick up the phone and call him, he will eventually have insomnia again.

            The guys didn’t know anything.  They thought that Seeyang had already returned her call because Jonghyun never told them that she had stopped contacting him.  But, they have noticed that Jonghyun was talking less about Seeyang for some reason.  He’s supposed to be the one that gives them the tab on Seeyang.

            “Hyung, what has Noona been doing these days?” asked Minhyuk.  “I miss her cooking.”

            Jonghyun thought for a moment.  “She’s just been helping Grandma around the house and take care of Hyunsu.” he assumed.  Seeyang wasn’t going to go to school or anything and she doesn’t like sitting around all day, so that’s what he imagined she was doing.

            “I really do miss her cooking.” said Jungshin, as he sighed.

            “What do you guys want to eat tonight?” asked Yonghwa.

            “Pizza!!” answered Jungshin and Minhyuk, excitedly.  Jonghyun didn’t mind, so he shrugged his shoulders when Yonghwa looked in his direction.

            “Pizza it is!” said the oldest male, with a smile.

 

 

            Jonghyun took a deep breath and shifted his foot so he wouldn’t tip over.  The room was spinning and he wasn’t feeling too good.  You should go home, said his mind.  But, he was filming the last scene of episode 7.  Not yet.  It’s not time to go home yet.

            Gyuri turned around to face him as she raised her pretty eyebrow.  “What?” she acted.

            Her character and Jonghyun’s do not see eye to eye.  His character finally realizes that she is a narcissist that only cares for her own good.

            “You heard me.” replied Jonghyun, with a meekly voice.

            “Say it again, Nerd.” demanded Gyuri, mad.

            “You are the most stuckup, narcissist I’ve ever met.” repeated Jonghyun.

            “How dare YOU?!!” yelled Gyuri, as she approached him.

            Jonghyun swallowed hard, as he his head started to spin.  He quickly placed his hand on Gyuri’s shoulder for support.

            “Cut!  Jong-” said the director.

            Gyuri let out a scream as Jonghyun fainted, falling on her.  “Let him lay down on the ground!!” yelled a voice.

            Gyuri let Jonghyun rest on her lap as his eyes fluttered open after a few seconds.  The director, Manager Kwan, and the stylist were fanning Jonghyun.          

            “W-What happened?” he asked.

            “You out.” replied the director.

            “Are you OK?” asked Gyuri, as Jonghyun sat up.

            “I feel really tired.” he responded.

            “OK, let’s call it a wrap!” said the director loudly.

            “I’m sorry.” said Jonghyun, feeling guilty.

            “It’s OK.” said the director, patting his shoulder.  “Rest for a 2 days and come back.  You’ll be in a better condition.”

            In the van, Jonghyun massaged his temples.  “Manager Kwan…” he said.  “Can I go back to Busan for the next two days?”

            “Why?” he asked.  “You can just rest at home.”

            “Please.  I’d rather be at home right now.” said Jonghyun.

            Manager Kwan sighed, knowing that Jonghyun’s the type of guy that wants to be independent from home.  The only one that really requests to go home from time to time is Jungshin, the mama’s boy.  He knew that Jonghyun was going to go to Busan because of Seeyang, not because he wanted to see his mother.

            “Fine.” responded Manager Kwan.

            “Driver Dongho, please take me home and wait for me.” said Jonghyun.  “I’m just going for two days, so I’ll be quick.”

            After Jonghyun stepped out of the van, he started running inside.  “He shouldn’t be putting so much stress on his body.” said Driver Dongho.  “I heard from the Yonghwa that he’s not eating much these days.”  Manager Kwan hung his head, in defeat.  “Why didn’t you tell him?”

            “Even if I did…  Jonghyun wouldn’t believe me.” said Manager Kwan.  “He’s apart of her now, so it is best that she is the one that tells him.”

 

**NOTE:

I am sorry that I haven't updated in FOREVER...  And, that I decided to turn the story this way.  I originally planned the story to turn out to be like this any ways, so I am going to be stubborn and stick to my original plan.

I know that there was NO LEAD UP TO CHAPTER 73 AT ALL...  It was supposed to adrupt like that because life is like that.  Some things just happen without any signs; it's realistic to a point.

I'm sure that a lot of you guys are disappointed in me in making the relationship turn this way.  But, remember that this is not exactly the end.  We'll see how I feel about it when I get close to it.

I've been really busy and I might not be able to update for a while.  So, please be patient with me.  ^^  I haven't completely abadoned my story.

LOVE,

loveFORyunho

on 4/14/2011 @ 10:59 PM PST

P.S. I have a 5-page paper due tomorrow and I randomly decided to upload a chapter.  Remember, I love you guys.  ^^