Chapter 5

My Fake Girlfriend

            There was a knock to the practice room of CN Blue.  Jonghyun was practicing the new song when he was interrupted.  His band members had a schedule like always.

            “Come in.” he said, without looking up.  He can hear the door open and someone stepped in, then closing the door behind them.  Jonghyun continued to look down at his fingers moving along the neck of the guitar.  He was sitting on the ground, in front of the huge mirror.

            “It’s already 1 and you didn’t come home.  So, I decided to bring lunch to you.” said Seeyang, which surprised Jonghyun, causing him to play a wrong note.  He quickly looked up and saw her standing there with a warm smile, holding a plastic Tiffin carrier.  She was smiling brightly; she was wearing a pink lipstick that made her smile brighter than usual.  She walked over to him and took a seat near him.

            “You brought me lunch?” asked Jonghyun, as he looked at the clock on the wall.  It really was 1 already.  He forgot to look at the time.  “I’m sorry that you had to come all the way over here.  I got carried away with practicing.”

            Seeyang smiled and shrugged her shoulders.  “It’s fine.  I didn’t have anything to do today.” she said.  She has been living with CN Blue for almost a month now.  It does seem like her relationship with Jonghyun is progressing well.  But, they probably wouldn’t be able to perform any skinship scene for at least for another year or so, as it seems.  They are still distant. 

            As Seeyang opened the plastic Tiffin carrier, she asked, “So when is CN Blue coming out with a new album?”

            “In 6 months.” answered Jonghyun, as he eyed the food that Seeyang placed in front of him.  He was hungry after all.

            “When are we supposed to go out the public?” asked Seeyang, as she handed him a pair of chopsticks and a spoon.

            “3 months.” answered Jonghyun, as grabbed the container of warm rice.

            “Is that enough time for us to know each other?” asked Seeyang, worried.

            Jonghyun looked up at the young woman.  “Even with you living with me for the next 3 months, I don’t think we’ll be able to do anything that deals with skinship .   Other than that, we’ll probably be comfortable enough to be around each other.  You are living with the guys and I, right?” he asked.  He got a piece of rolled eggs and ate it.

            “To me, even though at the moment I am living with you guys, I still feel like we will be distant for some time.” said Seeyang.  “The only time I was actually able to spend with you are usually around noon after I get home from my morning classes on Tuesdays and Wednesdays…  Besides that, I’m usually booked the whole entire week.”

            “That reminds me…  It’s Saturday.  Don’t you have to work today?” asked Jonghyun, looking up from the food.

            “I asked my boss to cut down my hours to 14 hours a week.” answered Seeyang.  Jonghyun swallowed the lump of food down.  “And, I am planning to cut down my volunteer hours to the usual minimum of 4 hours a week for the usual volunteer at the hospital.”

            Jonghyun his dry lips as a wave of guilt washed over him.  “I-Is that a good idea?” he asked.  “I don’t want to give up your life for me.”

            Seeyang let out a laugh.  “Jonghyun, I barely have a life because of school, volunteer hours, and work.” she said, lightheartedly.  “I have to admit…  I have been overdoing it for the past year.  It’s about time I took a break.”  Seeyang sent Jonghyun a reassuring smile for him not to worry.

            “You do take your job seriously, don’t you?” said Jonghyun, as he ate some more.  Chairman Jang told him the amount that the company will be paying her when the contract ends, 1.2 million worth of U.S. Dollars.  At least she won’t have to work so hard anymore after the contract ends, he thought.  She’s always looking half dead because she’s over doing it.

            “I’m just doing what is asked of me by Chairman Jang.” answered Seeyang.

            “He asked you to limit your work and volunteer hours?” asked Jonghyun, as he looked up at her from eating the food.

            “No.  I decided to do what was best for the situation.” answered Seeyang.  “I am supposed to be your girlfriend and we are supposed to be in a relationship for almost two years now.  It wouldn’t look good if we don’t look or act like a couple that has been together for 2 years if I continue to be as busy as I was, you know.”

            Jonghyun nodded his head.  “That’s true.” he said.  Chairman Jang and Manager Kwan came up with an idea that Jonghyun and Seeyang met each other back in Busan, a year before Jonghyun debuted.  Seeyang came back on winter break to visit her family and met him.  How did they even meet?  Well, Chairman Jang and Manager Kwan were still working on that.  Busan is a huge city as well and for the two to meet each other out of millions would be quite something.

            There was a sudden knock at the door.  “Come in.” said Jonghyun, as he got some dakgalbi.

            “Jonghyun!!” said Lee Hongki of FT Island, excitedly, causing Jonghyun and Seeyang to look up at him.  Hongki saw Seeyang and the food; his smile fell to a small one..  “Oh…  I’m sorry.  Did I interrupt you two?”

            “No.” said Jonghyun and Seeyang, together.

            “Hongki, this is my girlfriend, Hwan Seeyang.  Seeyang, this is FT Island’s main vocal, Lee Hongki.” introduced Jonghyun.  The two newly introduce people greeted each other with smiles.  “So, what did you wanted to talk about?”

            Hongki The young man smiled like crazy.  “We sold out our tickets already!!!” he said.

            “Wow.” smiled Jonghyun.  “Really?  Weren’t the tickets barely on sale for…”

            “10 minutes?  YES!!!” answered Hongki, excitedly.

            “Congratulations Hongki.” said Jonghyun.

            “The guys and I are going to have a party at our place later tonight.  So, tell the rest of CN Blue that, alright?” he said, excitedly.  “And, oh.  Seeyang, why don’t you tag along with Jonghyun?  It’ll be fun!!  Bye, I have to run!!”  With that, Hongki went out the door, closing it behind him.

            Seeyang turned to Jonghyun.  “Hongki…  He’s-” she started.

            “Hyper.” he concluded.  “I’m sorry for that, but he’s a very happy go lucky guy.”

            Seeyang smiled.  “I can tell.” she said.  “But, what I was going to say was that…  Isn’t Hongki the one that played Jeremy from You’re Beautiful?”

            Jonghyun wanted to laugh.  He liked how she was so clueless about the music and entertainment industry due to the busy lifestyle that she picked up as a 2nd year in high school and her lack of watching TV or surfing the net.  He found it funny how she only knew about what was going on from her friends and that was only when she wanted to listen to her friends fangirling as well. 

            “Yeah, he is.” answered Jonghyun, with a smile.

 

**NOTE: Hello, everyone!!  Here's a new chapter!!  I hope that you guys enjoyed this.  I suppose this chapter does show some form of progress between Jonghyun and Seeyang, right?  I personally don't feel much of their loving...  T.T  Maybe I'm not just not feeling enthusiastic enough?  LOL  I hope that you all will have a good night/day!!  <3

LOVE,

loveFORyunho

on 8/19/2010 @ 10:39 PM PST