Chapter 33

My Fake Girlfriend

            Hongki smiled at Seeyang as she ate an apple.  “Jeremy…” he said, with laugh.  “You’re Jeremy.”  He lightly pinched her cheeks.

            “How am I Jeremy?” asked Seeyang.  “My hair isn’t even blonde.  And, I’m not even that bubbly and cute…  I can never beat you.”

            “Aww…  Don’t say that.” said Hongki, as he patted her head.

            FT Island and CN Blue were at the Mnet Korean Music Festival.  The two bands shared a waiting room together, which was great because they were all just having a blast.  Kim Mina, Hongki’s crush, was invited.  She was around Seeyang’s height.  She’s lean, with milky white skin, and a pretty face.  Her hair was a light ashy brown that came to down to her mid back.  Mina is a queit girl and didn’t talk much.

            “Mina, who was your favorite character in You’re Beautiful?” asked Seeyang.

            “Umm.” she thought.  “I like Hongki’s character.  Jeremy is very cute and Hongki made me cried during the bus scene.”

            “Me too!!” said Seeyang.  “Omo!!  I cried the scene that Yonghwa singed “I Am a Fool.”  It was so sad…”

            “Who did you guys wanted Minyu to end up with?” asked Hongki.

            “Shinwoo.” answered the two girls without missing a beat.

            “So then I get to be with Jeremy.” smiled Mina.

            Seeyang smiled and looked at Hongki.   He was smiling like a mad man.  “Noona,” said Jaejin, causing her to look over at him.  Jonghyun was sitting by his side.  “I was reading the sports secion of the newspaper the other day…  Congradulations on you and your soccer team winning the first place for the local tournament.”

            Seeyang smiled.  “Thank you.” she said.

            “That’s old news Jaejin.” laughed Jonghyun.  “Haven’t you seen the new fancams of Seeyang running in an inside soccer field?”

            “N-No…” answered Jaejin.  “Jonghyn Hyung, wouldn’t you think its weird for me to watch a video of your girlfriend running in shorts?”

            Before Jonghyun could reply, Jungshin and Minhyuk answered, “Don’t worry!  We look those fancams up all the time!”  A confused look was plastered onto Jaejin’s face as he turned to look at them.

            Seeyang was about to laugh about Jaejin’s cute facial expression when Tiffany stepped into the waiting room.  “Hello, e.” she said.

            “Minam-ah.” pouted Tiffany.  “You’re a e too!  You like Taemin!!”

            “No, I don’t.” said Seeyang, with a smile.  “I like Jonghyun.”

            “W-What?” asked Tiffany.  “You mean, Kim Jonghyun?” 

            Seeyang nodded her head.  “Bubby is really sweet and nice…  And, talkative.” she said. 

            “B-Bubby?” asked Tiffany, confused.  “I don’t even know who Number 1 is yet!!  Bubby?  Kim Jonghyun is BUBBY?!!!”  She was causing the others to stare tune into her conversation with Seeyang.  Seeyang nodded her head.  “H-How can you give him a nickname?  I-I haven’t even introduced you to Shinee yet…”

            “I met him at the grocery store about a few weeks ago.” said Seeyang.  “And, we exchanged numbers there.”

            “What?!!” asked Tiffany.  “What’s up with you and Jonghyuns in liquor or grocery stores?!”

            “Bubby wasn’t alone.” said Seeyang.  “He was with Onew-sshi.”

            “But still!!” said Tiffany.  “Show me some proof!”  Seeyang took out her phone and handed it to her.  She took it and found Kim Jonghyun’s contact number.  She video called him.

            “Babby!!” said Jonghyun, as he answered the video call and then was disappointed when he saw Tiffany’s face.  “Tiffany, what are you doing?!”

            “What are you doing?” asked Tiffany.  “Don’t you know that this woman has an owner?!”

            “It’s not what you think.” said Seeyang and Kim Jonghyun, unison.

            Tiffany sent Seeyang a glare and then glared at Kim Jonghyun.  “Bubby?” she asked.

            “Don’t call me that!!  It is only reserved for Babby!” defended Kim Jonghyun.

            “Shut up, you annoying little dog!” said Tiffany.  “Minam belongs to me!!”  Jonghyun flashed an offended look.  “Yeah, that’s right.  Minam belongs to me!!”

            Seeyang gave Tiffany a look as she and Kim Jonghyun started to get into an argument.  She looked over at Jonghyun, who was sitting next to Jaejin.  He was wearing an unreadable expression with his arms across his chest.

            “Tsk, tsk.” said Tiffany, as she hung up on the complaining Kim Jonghyun.  She handed Seeyang’s phone back to her.  “What in the world?  You met Kim Jonghyun, and Onew at the grocery store?  What is this?  A fanfiction?”

            “Noona, you’re over reacting.” said Seeyang, with an imitation of a guy.  “Noona, you’re so pretty today.”

            “Awww…  That’s so sweet.” smiled Tiffany.  She was wearing a pair of short shorts with a silk top.  Her hair was tied to a low side ponytail with the ends curled beautifully.  “I have to go for SNSD’s stage soon.  Bye.”  Tiffany gave Seeyang a quick kiss on the cheek as an older sister would and she did the same.  Tiffany left after the two shared sister cheek kisses.

            A text was sent to Seeyang and she quickly looked down at it.  Bubby: HOW coud Tiffany just say that I am taking you away from Jonghyun?  Tell him I’m sorry for taking your number without telling him and that I DO NOT MEAN any harm.  You’re still his lovely lady.  ^^  Seeyang smiled as she texted back.  Babby: Don’t worry, Bubby!!  Jonghyun understands.  I’ll come visit you later, alright?  ^.^

            “Why didn’t you tell me that you met Kim Jonghyun and exchanged numbers with him?” whispered Jonghyun, who was already sitting at her side.  Seeyang looked up started.  Hongki was no longer sitting at her side with Mina.  The two had moved to a quiet corner of the room and she was alone with Jonghyun.  He was wearing an irritated face.

            Seeyang smiled.  “Yes, I did.” she said.  “You obviously weren’t listening to me at the time.  I told you about 2 weeks ago that I met Bubby.”

            “When was that?  Like, when exactly was that?” asked Jonghyun, as he frowned at the nickname she had given him.  It sounds cuter and more intimate than the one she had given him, Number 1.

            “Hmmm.” thought Seeyang.  “We were in your room when I told you that.  You obviously don’t remember that’s why you’re reacting like that.  I came to your place that day to check up on Minhyuk, remember?”

            Jonghyun remember a bit now.  At the time, they were in Yonghwa and his room and whatever they were talking about, he tuned out on.  At the time it didn’t seemed like she was talking much about any thing anyways.

            “Come on, CN Blue.” said Manager Kwan.  “You’re up in 10.”

            CN Blue did a special stage with SNSD’s Taeyeon and then performed their two biggest hit songs of the year.  The crowd was crazy as the group went off stage.  Jonghyun was expecting Seeyang to waiting for him backstage, but she wasn’t there.  He felt a surge of disappointment and then a wave of anger.  Why wasn’t she there?

            Yonghwa looked around the empty backstage, as 4Minute went on stage.  He turned to Jonghyun and smiled, as they walked to the waiting rooms.  “Looks like you’re a loner tonight.” he joked.  Jonghyun flashed Yonghwa a glare and the older male stopped laughing.

            Minhyuk, who was walking behind Jonghyun, didn’t see his expression.  “I think Noona went to go see Kim Jonghyun.” he commented, innocently.

            Yonghwa slowed down his walking pace and came to Minhyuk’s side, as Jonghyun angrily walked ahead.  “Don’t say that.  Jonghyun is deadly scary angry right now.” he whispered into Minhyuk’s ear.  “Don’t make it worse for Seeyang.  Who knows what kind of wrath that guy is going to put her through?”

            “Oh, shoot!!” said Minhyuk, alarmed. 

            “What?” asked Jungshin, a bit too loudly.

            Jonghyun ignored his band members as they made their way back to waiting room. Maybe Seeyang didn’t went to see Kim Jonghyun…  She’s probably just in the waiting room, thought Jonghyun.  Unfortunately, as they approached CN Blue and FT Island’s waiting room.  Seeyang was making her way back from some other’s waiting room.  SNSD’s waiting room was closer to the stage and the group had already passed it earlier.  Shinee’s is located past CN Blue and FT Island’s.  She was caught redhanded.

            Seeyang smiled, as she approached Jonghyun, who stood by the door waiting for her.  The guys quickly stepped into the waiting room, not wanting to disturb the couple in any way.  Jungshin hanging around behind Jonghyun a second too long, thus Yonghwa had to literally pull him into the waiting room.

            “Where did you go?” asked Jonghyun, trying to surpress the disappointment and anger in his voice.

            “I was with Shinee.” answered Seeyang, honestly with a smile.

            Why does she have to be so happy about being with them?, thought Jonghyun.  “Couldn’t you have just watched us perform backstage?” asked Jonghyun.

            “Usually with being backstage, I don’t get to see you guys enough.  So, watching it on the screen is better because of close ups.” answered Seeyang.  “Besides, I was visiting Bubby for an apology because of what Tiffany did earlier.  It wasn’t really nice.”

            Jonghyun looked around the hallway, not sure what to say.  There were many artists out in the hallway, but they were no where near the two, giving them some room to talk.  “Remember that you are my girlfriend, so don’t go fooling around.” he said, as he took her hand and led her into the waiting room.

 

 

            CN Blue won the Music Portal Mnet Award and the Best Male Group of the year award.  FT Island won the Rock Award along with the Best Music Video Screenplay award.  Chairman Jang was proud of all of his boys and took them all out for dinner.  Everyone excluding Driver Dongho, Chairman Jang, and Seeyang were drunk.  Even Minhwan, Jaejin, and Seunghyun were tipsy.

            “Are you sure you will be fine with 4 drunk boys?” asked Driver Dongho, worried.  “I can take you home.”  He had just finished guiding Jungshin to his bed and had came out of the bed room.

            Seeyang smiled.  “I’ll be fine.” she said.  “They drank too much to do anything.”

            “Hmmm…  I don’t know about that.” said Driver Dongho.

            “Driver Dongho, since you do know about Jonghyun and my relationship being fake and all…  Does it look like we are a ually active couple?

            “No.” answered Driver Dongho, without missing a beat.  “Even Manager Kwan was surprised when Jonghyun asked him that.  You two seem to be innocent.  People are just assuming too much because not many kids these days are able to survive in a relationship past a month.  Not only that but many teens are engaging in more ual activities so others would assume that you and Jonghyun are the same.”

            Seeyang nodded her head.  “Thank you for saying that.” she said.  “I just wanted to make sure that we weren’t sending off any signals for others to assume so.”

            “You two do seem to be closer now.” nodded Driver Dongho.  “I’m glad; it seems like Jonghyun is taking better care of you.”

            “I suppose.” shrugged Seeyang.

            Driver Dongho bid her good night and left.  Seeyang got up and went into Yonghwa and Jonghyun’s room.  The two were passed out on their beds.  She shook her head, as she took off her shirt.  It has been a long day and she was going to hit the shower then get some sleep.  It was already 3 in the morning.

            Seeyang let out a startled squeal as someone tapped her shoulder.  She turned around and it was Jonghyun.  He looked irritated and angry as he was ealier when she wasn’t watching CN Blue’s performance backstage.

            “You know what.” slurred Jonghyun, with his angry tone.  “I don’t know why you have to be so close to that Kim Jonghyun when our relationship is even sailing as smooth…  So, I think that you should put more effort into our relationship than into others…”

            “That is true…” said Seeyang.  She hasn’t seen them in those terms and what he said is, in fact, true.  Their relationship has been good, but that doesn’t mean there won’t be any more bumps in the road.

            “Our relationship is the most beneficial.” slurred Jonghyun, as he sat on the ground.  Seeyang stared at him, not knowing what to do.  She quickly put her shirt back on.  “I mean, you get 2 million USD worth of money at the end of this contract ends…  I don’t even make that much in a year, you know…   You should be happy about that…”

            “I am.  I’m actually very grateful for that.” said Seeyang, as she sat next to him.

            Jonghyun groggily turned to face her.  “You know, I can’t wait until the day that the contract ends…  I don’t have to fake this relationship with you any more…  I don’t have to pretend to be your boyfriend after that…  I hate pretending to be your boyfriend because I have to take care for you even more than a friend…  I hate that.  Why can’t I just let certain things go because you and I aren’t really together?  I hate how you have to pretend to be my girlfriend…  Others want to date me and I the same…”

            “Aren’t there other reasons to why you hate me pretending to be your girlfriend?” asked Seeyang.

            “I have to make sure you don’t get too close to other male idols incase you fall for them.” slurred Jonghyun, as he got onto his bed.  “That would be horrible, if you fall for them…  I’ll have to do a one man show, you know.  But, I especially hate the idea of you being my girlfriend…”  Jonghyun let out a soft groan.  “We don’t match…  You’re too short, too chubby, and too average looking…  We don’t look good together…”  Jonghyun closed his eyes.  “With what my parents said about marriage and all…  Don’t take it to heart.”

            “I didn’t.” said Seeyang in an offended tone, as she watched him.

            “It’s just not going to happen…” mumbled Jonghyun, as he turned to his side and nuzzled the pillow.  “Marriage…  Children…  You and I…  Never going to happen.  Never…  Never...  Gyuri…  Gyuri…”  He fell asleep.

            Seeyang took one last glance at Jonghyun and walked out of the room.  She grabbed her jacket and placed it on, then her bag.  She placed on her boots and then turned off the lights to the dorms’ living rooms, making the entire dorm submerge in darkness.  With that, Seeyang left the dorms.

 

**NOTE: Yay!!!  I don't have school tomorrow!!!  NO classes!!!  Woot, woot!!  This was CRAZY with midterms and all...  I'm so glad it's over...  :D

Hope you guys enjoyed this chapter!!  :D  It was kind of sad when I wrote it... T.T  Jonghyun is such a MEANIE!!!  Poor Seeyang.

Hmm...  I don't know why I am even going to write this but because I am angry, I might as well.  In general, I haven't met an ANTI of the any of the bands I like before.  Even on the internet, I don't meet them.  But, today...  Well, I was "lucky"...  I asked this girl from one of my classes if she liked Kpop and she said yeah.  It turns out that she is a big fan of DBSK.  In reality, she ONLY likes DBSK and Fly to the Sky.  I was disappointed that this new "friend" of mine only like those 2 groups...  (I love DBSK to, but still...)  She doesn't even like Shinee or Super Junior!!!  (Or, any of the newer bands...  For example, CN Blue!!!  She doesn't like them because Yonghwa and Jonghyun doesn't have good enough vocals.) 

Personally, I think that she's too negative and critical, always comparing vocal abilities to other groups that's why they're not good enough for her.  Not only that, but she says that she wished the Kpop scene was like how it used to be in 2006.  I like groups not only for their talents, but for their personalities as well and my "friend" should try to learn how to adapt to changes within the Korean media.  Kpop is not going to go back in time to 2006 and stay on a fixed path like that.  Oh well...  I am who I am and she is who she is...  It just really bothers me that there ARE people out there that are so critical and too stubborn to accept certain bands.  I came to the conclusion that this is how it is possible for ANY band to have antis now matter how good or kind they are.  Kpop is diverse with so many different talents and so we all should embrace that.  Why should we hate on a band just because their singing abilities don't match our standards? 

Sorry for that...  I wanted to vent out about this encounter because I was literally horrified when she said that she didn't like Super Junior or Shinee and etc because they're not good enough with vocals.  I was disappointed.  Kim Jonghyun's vocals are killer, same as Sungin's even if his voice isn't strong, it's still good.  I was hoping that she was open minded and liked all sorts of bands and how wrong was I?  T.T

LOVE,

loveFORyunho

on 10/14/2010 @ 5:18 PM PST