Chapter 23

My Fake Girlfriend

            MBC’s recording of the couple began about 2 weeks ago.  So far, the recording staff has been able to have enough material for the first episode during the first week.  The couple tried to meet each other 3 times a week as Chairman Jang had directed.  Amazingly, as Seeyang’s internship ended a few weeks earlier, she was able to have some extra time to go backstage during music shows and photo shoots for magazines.

            “How do you feel like when you can’t see Jonghyun due to both of your busy schedules?” asked the PD.

            Seeyang was in a room in the MBC studio.  She was being asked questions for the show.   Jonghyun and Seeyang weren’t able to see each other for a few days now.  She made a sad smile.  “I miss him a lot in general.” answered Seeyang.  “So, I would say that what I am feeling is sadness.  In the beginning, our relationship began right when I had to come to Seoul for college.  That was extremely hard because I’ve never been in a relationship before and to not have him there physically was complicated in a sense.  I suppose…  With our relationshop, we’re always apart from each other physically, but we are emotionally together.  That is what that is sweet and warm about it.”

            “How is like when you two are together?” asked the PD.

            “It feels heartwarming.” nodded Seeyang.  “And, comforting even if we only get to see each other for a few minutes.  It is a great, unexplainable feeling to be with him.”

            “Do you have time to think of Seeyang when you are very busy?” asked the PD.  It was Jonghyun’s turn to be asked questions.  Seeyang and Jonghyun were interviewed at completely sepearte times.  Jonghyun had a schedule ealier and Seeyang is at work when he came in.

            “When I am busy, I am greatly distracted.” answered Jonghyun.  “But, when I am in the waiting room with my band members, I think about her.  That’s usually when I think about her because she visits me the most in waiting rooms when CN Blue appears on music shows.  So, I got used to her being there, but recently she became busy again….  It feels very quiet and, at times, boring without her.  She’s like the life of the group…  With Jungshin coming after her.”

 

 

            Seeyang turned to Jonghyun with a smile.  The cameraman was standing a few meters away, but he was zooming in on her.  They had started recording the third episode already.  The first episode will be airing in 2 more weeks. Jonghyun looked back at her and smiled.  They were cooking yookgaejang, which is a beef and scallion soup, together.  Regardless of Jonghyun’s lack of cooking skills, he still bothered to help Seeyang.

            They couple still looked like they were in perfect harmony with cooking, even though Jonghyun had a few problems here and there.  They were hungry when they met about an hour earlier.  Jonghyun had finished the photoshoot for CN Blue early and left for the recording.  He hasn’t had lunch yet and neither did Seeyang as she finished her mid-morning class.  The couple headed to the market together and seemed to have fun.  There was a-married-couple-aura to the pair, as they went through the super market, buying groceries together.  Many middle aged ladies stood aside, watching the couple, with much delight as if the two were their own children happily married.

            Seeyang was too kind for her own good and made enough for the entire recording crew as well, which were really only 5 other people.  “I’m going to set this aside, so you can eat this later, OK?” she said, into the camera to the cameraman.  The cameraman nodded the camera, causing Seeyang to laugh.  The couple ate spicy braised chicken and potatos, yookgaejang, rice, and kimchi.

            “Your cooking is amazing, as always.” smiled Jonghyun, as he ate some chicken.

            Seeyang shrugs her shoulders.  “I suppose.” she said, as she, drank a spoonful of soup.

            Jonghyun let out a laugh.  “I feel like we’re married.” he said, as they both ate a spoonful of rice at the same time.   The pair laughed. 

            “You must be starving.” said Seeyang, as watched him drank two spoonfuls of soup quickly.  “How about me cooking lunch for you at Music Bank?”

            “Really?” asked Jonghyun, as he looked up at Seeyang.  There was a rice grain stuck at the corner of Jonghyun’s lips.  She nodded her head, as she laughed.  She wiped off the rice.  Jonghyun laughed, as he looked into the camera.  He rubbed his right palm over his chest, with a huge grin.  “I feel so grateful to have such a wonderful girlfriend.  I am a lucky man.  Definitely a lucky man I am.”

            “Awww....  Jonghyun.” said Seeyang, as she touched his shoulder, grabbing his attention.  “That’s so sweet.”  He continued to smile.

            “Am I so sweet that I make your teeth rot?” laughed Jonghyun.

            “Of course!” answered Seeyang.  “They’re rotting away on a daily basis!  I currently have fake porcelain teeth right now.”  Her statement caused Jonghyun and the camera crew to laugh.

            In the questioning room, the PD smiled.  “Do you feel that Seeyang will be a good housewife?” he asked.

            Jonghyun nodded his head.  “Defintely.” he answered, with a smile.  “I believe that she will be an amzing house wife, along with being a mother or a heart surgeon.  For as long as I’ve known her, she has always been caring and loving.  I’ll be jealous of the man that she will one day marry.”

            “Are you not going to marry her then if you say that?” asked the PD, with a laugh.

            Jonghyun laughed.  “No, no.  That’s not it.” he said.  “I would love to make her my wife because she is an absolutely amazing young woman.  It’s just that…  She’s overqualifiying; too good to be with someone like me.  Our relationship was purely accidental.”

 

 

            Minhyuk was laughing, at how Seeyang was playing the drums on national television.  MBC decided to call the reality show My Top Secret Girlfriend.  Wooyoung from 2pm and Tiffany from SNSD are the MC/narrators for the show as well.  The first episode of the show was of the couple in CN Blue’s practice room.  It was a late meeting, for the sake of the show.  It was 10:30 PM and the guys had already left the practice room for home a while back.  Jonghyun was the only one left, waiting to meet Seeyang late at night.

            The couple was playing around with Minhyuk’s drum set and Jonghyun’s guitar. Minhyuk had taught Seeyang a bit on how to play the drums.  She was trying hard to remember, but due to her lack of knowledge of the drum set, it was hard.  After she gave up, she attempted to play the few guitar chords that Jonghyun had taugh her a few months ago.  Seeyang was sitting in between Jonghyun’s legs, as his arms wrapped around her waist.  The guitar was on her lap and she was trying to play the song.

            Jonghyun was smiling, as he stared at the huge studio mirror in front of them.  Hewatched her slow hand movements along the neck of the guitar and her hesitating right hand to place her fingers on the strings.  Seeyang messed up by placing her fingers on the wrong strings.

            “Place your finger here.” said Jonghyun, as he looked down at the guitar neck.  His hand helped Seeyang with the proper finger placements.  “There.”

            “Wow.” narrated Wooyoung.

            Tiffany let out a fangirl scream.  “This couple is amazing!” she narrated.  “I love how they interact with each other.”

            “Tiffany, remember that they have been in a relationship of 2 years already.” reminded Wooyoung.

            “Woah…” said Yonghwa and then he let out a low whistle.  The show went to commercials.  “That is some nice skinship there!  How come we don’t see that!!”

            “What?” asked Jonghyun, confused.

            “What are you talking about?” asked Seeyang, as she looked up at Yonghwa.  CN Blue and she were watching the premire of My Top Secret Girlfriend.  Jonghyun and she were sitting on the ground, next to each other.

            “You guys would never do something like that in front of us…  And, yet, you guys are welling to do that for the whole nation to see?” said Yonghwa, slightly disappointed.

            “So, did you guys made up or what?” asked Minhyuk.

            “Why would you say that?” Jonghyun, as he looked at younger man.

            “You two seemed to be distant a few weeks before you guys started to record.” simply shrugged Minhyuk, the observant band member.

            “Minhyuk’s right.  With you two being able to be with each other a lot seem to make you both happy.” nodded Jungshin.  “Why don’t you just live with us Noona?  Start packing up your things when you get home tonight.”  Minhyuk and Yonghwa laughed and nodded their heads.

            “I can’t do that.” said Seeyang.  “People will know that I live with you guys…  Not only that, but my family would be completely against that.  Me living with 4 young men will never be acceptable to my family.”

            “I’m pretty sure Jonghyun can pull some strings.” nodded Yonghwa.

            “What?” he laughed.  “How would I do that?”

            “After finding out that her granddaughter was in a relationship with CN Blue’s guitarist, you Lee Jonghyun, Seeyang’s grandmother has became a big fan of yours, right?” asked Yonghwa, with twinkling eyes.  Manager Kwan had received a call recently from Seeyang’s grandmother about Jonghyun taking care of her.  She thanked Manager Kwan for looking after the young couple.

            “It’s not what you think.” said Seeyang.  “My grandmother is only supporting Jonghyun because I’m supposed to be with him.  If it wasn’t for that, I think that my grandmother would care less.”

            “Hey!!” said Jonghyun, offended.

            “But, it’s true!” said Seeyang, as the show came back on.  Yonghwa, Minhyuk, and Jungshin laughed out loud, leaving Jonghyun seething in his own pain.  Seeyang turned away from the TV and smiled at him.  “I’m sorry.”  She rubbed Jonghyun’s shoulder for some comfort and he just laughed.

 

 

            Seeyang was watching Jonghyun play the guitar chords for Park Bom’s You and I.  She smiled as she said, “No matter what happens, even when the sky is falling down…  I promise you that I will never let you go.”  She, then, began to sing, “You, when I feel you held me back up with an unflattering gaze.  And, You, through those sad times, held my hand till the end of the world.

            “Wow.” said Yonghwa, as he was absorbed into Seeyang’s beautiful voice.  Minhyuk and Jungshin were speechless.  They were all in the waiting room at Music Bank.  The camera crew was there filming the couple today. 

            “I might be a shabby person who has never done anything for you.  But, today I am singing this song just for you.” singed Seeyang.

            All the sudden, someone came into the room and cried, “Umma!!”  The person caused everyone to turn towards the door.  It was a little boy of 2 years old.

            Seeyang smiled so hard that her cheeks started to hurt.  She stood up and said, “Hyunsu!!  Oh my God!!” 

            “Umma!!” said Hyunsu, with a huge grin, as he ran towards Seeyang.  “Umma!”

            Jonghyun just smiled, as he stopped playing his guitar.  The guys just stared at the Jongyang Baby with amusement.  He was such a cute little boy with apperant dimples similar to Jonghyun’s.  Jonghyun handed his guitar to Yonghwa and stood up.  Hyunsu was in Seeyang’s arms, happily.

            “Umma, I miss you.” said Hyunsu, cutely to Seeyang in the Busan dialect.  Without any warning, he quickly gave Seeyang a peck on the lips. 

            The guys started to laugh, as Jonghyun turned to the camera.  “Seeyang has a secret boyfriend that I never about until today.” he said.  He turned back to Seeyang, as she looked at him and smiled.  “Hi, Hyunsu.  I’m-”

            “Jonghyun Hyung!” he said, as he waved his hand.  The statement caused the guys to laugh.  The little boy just simply continued to smile, showing his dimples as the guys started to gather around the trio.  Hyunsu reached over to Jonghyun and patted his chest.  “Appa.  This is Appa!”

            The guys started laughing again, as Seeyang flushed.  “Oh my gosh, Hyunsu.” she said, with a smile.  “This is exactly why netizens think that you are our kid.”  She shook her head, as everyone started to laugh.  “Hyunsu, why are you here?  Where is Mommy, Daddy, Grandma, and Misun?”

            “Mama?” asked Hyunsu, as he looked at Seeyang from the distractions of CN Blue.  “Mama is at home…”

            Before Seeyang could yell out how in the world did he got to Seoul all the way from Busan, the PD explained to her that he had wanted to see how Jonghyun and Seeyang were like around children.  Thus, he called her family and had asked if Hyunsu could appear on the show for one episode.  Seeyang’s family was delighted to let Hyunsu go on, to help clear out the scandal completely.  So, Seeyang’s aunt, Aunt Mi, and Hyunsu flew into Seoul for the day.  MBC is aware of that Seeyang’s family is in poverty and has kindly given Aunt Mi a shopping spree while Hyunsu is with Jonghyun and Seeyang.

            Hyunsu was sitting in Seeyang’s lap, like an obident little boy.  He was sitting face towards Seeyang, with a huge grin as she took off his beanie and fixed his hair.  It was already late September and it has started to get really cold recently in Seoul.  Since Busan is right by the bay, it was worse.

            “Noona, does Hyunsu ever call you Noona?” asked Minhyuk, as he tickled the the little boy, under his chin.  Hyunsu let out a high pitch, happy laugh.

            “No.” laughed Seeyang, as she smiled.  She was finished with fixing Hyunsu’s beanie and placed him on the ground.

            Hyunsu stood there, clueless for a few seconds as he took in the huge vast waiting room.  Yonghwa was smiling, as he stared at the little boy.  Jonghyun opened his arms when Hyunsu started walking.  Jungshin, who was sitting next to Jonghyun, did the same thing.  He wanted to test out who Hyunsu was going to go to.  Hyunsu decided to go to Jonghyun, since he is most familiar with him.  Grandma has shown him too many pictures of Jonghyun to Hyunsu lately.  With calling Jonghyun appa, Hyunsu had completely done that at his own will after Grandma had told him that Jonghyun was Seeyang’s boyfriend.

            Jonghyun picked up Hyunsu with a triaumphing grin, as Jungshin dropped his arms down in defeat.  Hyunsu let out a laugh.  “Jonghyun Appa…” he said, with twinkling eyes.  “You have dimples too!!!”  Hyunsu poked his index fingers into Jonghyun’s apparent dimples with his grin, not being shy.  This caused everyone to laugh.

            “Hyunsu!  That’s not polite!” said Seeyang, not liking it.

            “Umma!  It’s only Appa…” said Hyunsu, as he looked at Seeyang.  She sent him a glare and the he quickly turned to Jonghyun.  “I’m sorry for doing that.”

            Jonghyun laughed.  He shook his head.  “It’s OK.” he said, as he patted the little boy’s head.  He looked at Jungshin and then looked back at Hyunsu.  “Hyunsu, who is this person that is sitting next to me?”

            The little boy looked at Jungshin for a few seconds.  “Uncle Jungshin.” answered Hyunsu, making the older male smile.  “Uncle Yonghwa is here.”  Hyunsu patted Yonghwa, who was sitting next to Jonghyun.  “And, Uncle Minhyuk is sitting with Umma.”

            “Ahhh…” said CN Blue, nodding their heads with huge grins.

            “Wow!” said Yonghwa.  “He’s a genius, just like his noona.  Good gene pool, good gene pool…”

 

**NOTE: I am being very kind you guys...  ^^  I love you all too much, so here is a longer chapter and I hope that you enjoyed it.  Yay!!  Hyunsu is here!!!  Jonghyun and Seeyang are Appa and Umma!!  <3  It sure seems like the recording is make the couple closer, so that's another plus!!  XP

LOVE,

loveFORyunho

on 9/27/2010 @ 5:36 PM PST