Chapter 19

My Fake Girlfriend

            CN Blue has been number 1 on the K Chart for 3 times in a row now.  It is already late September and the group has released their mini album for almost a month and a half, which is really good for them.  They are really grateful that their fans are so persistent and devoting.

            “Why don’t you drink some soju, Seeyang?” suggested Yonghwa, as he placed a shot glass of soju in front of her.  CN Blue, Manager Kwan, and the staff were out celebrating.  They were in a private room in a fancy Korean restaurant.  The room was full of chattering and laughing.  Jonghyun was sitting on the other side of the room with Jungshin, as they were playing a childish game, leaving Seeyang and Yonghwa alone together.

            “No, it’s OK.” she said, as she rejected the offer and pushed the glass away, spilling a little bit on the low table.

            “Why?” asked Yonghwa, curious.  “Loosen up and have some fun.”

            Seeyang looked at Yonghwa.  “You really want to know why?” she asked.

            “Hit me.” he answered, with a smile.

            “It’s simple.” replied Seeyang, as she shrugged.  “I don’t want to kill my brain cells, damage my liver or kidney and…  I don’t want a hangover.”

            Yonghwa smiled.  “You’ve got to be pretty weak if you can’t even handle a shot glass of soju.” he said.

            “Of course I am.” said Seeyang.  “I’ve never drank any form of alcohol before.”

            “Oh, come on.” smiled Yonghwa.  “You’ve got to drink alcohol once, Seeyang.  It’s good for experience.”  She shook her head.  “Here.”  Yonghwa took the shot glass and handed to Seeyang.  “Just taste it once and your life will be fulfilled.  You’ve tasted soju for once.”  Seeyang shook her head.  “Come on!  Be a Korean, for God’s sake!”

            Eventually, Seeyang took in the shot glass of soju after Yonghwa’s annoying, nagging persuading.  It was a taste that Seeyang didn’t like exactly and doesn’t understand why anybody would waste their nights away on this stuff.  Many had said that soju tastes sweet and smooth, but it’s probably because those people are social drinkers.  Seeyang is not, so she doesn’t get it.

            “When I was in middle school, this classmate really liked me.  I wouldn’t say that she’s a stalker or anything…  But, she was practically every where I went.  I was so scared and I tried to keep an open mind that maybe it was just a coincidence…” said Yonghwa.  “Now that I think about it…  She probably was really stalking me.”  He laughed.

            Seeyang let out a low, seductive laugh.  Yonghwa turned to her, thrown off.  Her hand was on his shoulder and then it moved down to his biceps, feeling it through the thin cotton of his shirt.  “I feel sorry for you.” she slurred, as she leaned in closer to him.  “You were stalk by crushes before and now by fans…  That’s so sad….”

            “Seeyang, are you drunk?” laughed Yonghwa.

            “Hm?” she asked, as she leaned on him tiredly.  “My boyfriend makes me sad.”

            “Huh?  Jonghyun makes you sad?” asked Yonghwa, surprised.  “How?”

            Seeyang made a sad face, as if she was about to cry.  She sat up.  “J-Jonghyun doesn’t like me.” she slurred, disappointedly.  “He’s only being nice to me…  You know because of…  Of…”

            “Sshhhh.” said Yonghwa, for Seeyang to lower her voice.  He didn’t want her to blow her cover just because it was his fault that he made her drink soju.  “Do you like Jonghyun?  Is that why you’re mad?”

            Seeyang let out a laugh.  She looked at Yonghwa in the eyes. She smiled as she leaned close into his face.  He could feel her sweet breath on his face.   Her plump red lips were dangerously close to him.  Surprised, Yonghwa backed away from her.  He started to blush like crazy.  The room temperature suddenly felt like it was triple digit Fahrenheit.

            “It’s just that,” whispered Seeyang, as she looked away.  She started to tear up.  “I just want him to see me as a good friend when we’re done with this stupid thing not a memory.  It’s not fair…”  She looked back at Yonghwa with a sad tearstained face.  “You will continue to be my friend, right Oppa?”

            “Of course I will.” he answered, as he patted her head with a small smile.  She looked so innocent and pure like that.  Yonghwa started to wipe away Seeyang’s tears when Jonghyun approached the two.  “Oh, Jonghyun.”

            “What happened?” he asked, slightly worried.  “Domestic Goddess, why are you crying?”  Seeyang looked at Jonghyun, as he sat next to her.  She turned to him with a frown and shook her head.  “What’s wrong?”  She continued to shake her head with tears rolling down her cheeks.  Jonghyun’s hand came up to wipe away the tears.  He looked over at Yonghwa.  “Why is she crying Hyung?” he asked.

            “I don’t know.” lied Yonghwa.  If she is drunk and is still keeping shut when it comes to Jonghyun, her words have to be kept a secret.  “All I know is that she’s drunk…  For a moment there, I thought that she was going to kiss me.”

            “What?” asked Jonghyun, confused.  “Domestic Goddess doesn’t drink.”

            Without thinking, Yonghwa said, “Come on!  To live a fulfilled life, she should at least taste soju for once!  That’s what a true Kor-”  He automatically covered his mouth, after realizing that he spilled his own beans.  Jonghyun narrowed his eyes at Yonghwa.  “I-I don’t think that you should let her go hang out with any of her guy-friends b-because she gets kind of flirty when she’s d-drunk…”  Why was Yonghwa so afraid of the possibly angry Jonghyun?

            Jonghyun looked back at Seeyang.  She gave him a cute pout as her hand came up and touched the nape of his neck.  She, then, leaned in and kissed the area that she caressed.  Jonghyun pulled Seeyang closer to him with Yonghwa trying not to laugh.  He was shocked at her action and would have backed away from her if they were simply at home. 

            But, because the CN Blue staff was there as well, he had to keep his cool.  When she pulled away, there was a lipstick print on Jonghyun’s neck and the lip color smeared over her lips in a messy way.  Jonghyun grabbed a napkin off the table and wiped off her lipstick.

            Seeyang looked up at Jonghyun.  “Number 1…” she slurred.  “I want to go home…”

            Jonghyun took Seeyang out to the van, both of them in disguises.  She was stumbling everywhere and mumbling some nonsense scientific facts.  “Sir, can you please take me home?’ asked Seeyang, drowsily.

            “Is she drunk?” asked Driver Dongho, surprised as he looked back at her.  Jonghyun nodded his head, as he put the seat belt on her.  Seeyang was saying out an address and repeated over many times.

            “Please take me there.” said Seeyang, as Driver Dongho pulled the van onto the street.

            “That’s not where your apartment is at, Seeyang.” said Driver Dongho.

            “You don’t understand!!” she said, as she broke into tears.  “I have to go home…  That’s where home is…  Please take me home!!”

            Jonghyun looked at Seeyang’s tears and then he looked back at Driver Dongho.  “Just do as she says.” he said.  “It’s worthless to fight with a drunken woman.”

            Driver Dongho sent Jonghyun and Seeyang to the address that she insisted on going to.  Jonghyun let Seeyang go over the place that she insisted that she called “home”.  She led him to a decent apartment.  It was only 2 stories tall.  Jonghyun had to help the tipsy Seeyang walk up the stairs.  She walked over to the door near the top of the staircase.  There were 4 different doors.  Seeyang started to knock on the door.

            “Mom, I’m home.” she said.

            Jonghyun looked at her horrified.  “Seeyang.” he said, as he placed his hands on her shoulders.  “Your mom isn’t here.  Come on, let’s go home.”

            “No!” said she, a bit too loudly.  “I’m home, Number 1!  I’m home!  Mom!!  Mom…”

            “Who are you two?” asked a voice, startling Jonghyun.  He turned around and saw a middle aged woman on the staircase, holding up a broom for defense.  She smiled when she recognized Jonghyun’s face.  “Lee Jonghyun!  Oh…  Seeyang.”

            “I-I’m sorry.” apologized Jonghyun, feeling guilty.

            “Seeyang used to live here.” said the woman.  “She and her mother used to be our tenants.”  She approached Jonghyun and Seeyang.  It seems like she has calmed down.

            “Landlady…” slurred Seeyang, with teary eyes.  She stepped forward and gave the woman a hug.  “I missed you…  I haven’t seen you in so long.”

            “I missed you too.” said the woman, as she patted the young woman’s shoulder blade.

            “Does anyone live in there?” asked Jonghyun.

            The landlady shook her head.  “The tenant barely finished packing up their things today.” she said.  “Did Seeyang wanted to go in there?”

            “Yeah, it seems so.” replied Jonghyun, with a nod.

            The landlady laughed.  “She’s drunk, but still remembers her way around.” she said, as she opened the door.  “Take your time in there.  I’m sorry that it’s still messy.  I haven’t had much time.”  With that she left.

            Jonghyun and Seeyang stepped into the apartment.  There were a few pieces of paper lying around, but that was pretty much it.  Seeyang went and sat where the moon light shined into the living room, on the cold hard wooden floor.  It was only September, but it was starting to get a little chilly these days.  The window was open and the wind was blowing. 

            Jonghyun took his seat next to her.  “Well, this is your home.” he said.  “It’s…  Quite empty.”  He looked around the apartment.  It seemed like it would have been cozy.

            “I miss my mom.” slurred Seeyang.  She started to cry again.  “Why do I always get so emotional when I am around you, Jonghyun?”

            “I don’t know.” he shrugged.

            “What is today’s date?” asked Seeyang, confused.

            “The 22nd.” answered Jonghyun, as he stared at the moon.

            “Mmmmm.” nodded Seeyang.  “The 22nd….  It’s been 6 years since she left… 6 years…  Did they all past by so quickly?”

            Jonghyun looked at Seeyang, sternly.  “Your mom pasted away today?” he asked.  She nodded her head.

            “My mother,” she said, as she hit her chest with her fist.  “She passed away today for 6 years now…  I paid my respects to her this morning at 3:02 AM, the time when she died.  I’m sorry…  Mom…  You must have suffered so much because of me…  Because of me.”  Seeyang closely eyes slowly, as tears silently fell.  Jonghyun was hoping that she was going to pass out.  “You’re too nice.”

            “Huh?” asked Jonghyun confused.

            Seeyang opened her eyes and looked at him.  They were still wet and red from the tears.  She pointed her index finger, accusingly at him.  “You’re too nice!!  Stop being so nice to me.” she said and then frowned.  She, then, smiled again.  Her eyes were teary again.  “I’m sorry that I was a disappointment for you.  I’m not pretty like you want me to be…  I am too intimidating for your liking as well…  I have an extremely busy life because all I do is volunteering, working, school, and, now, interning…   Not only am I busy, but I am also extremely boring. I …  You don’t have to be nice to me if you don’t want to.  I know that you hate doing all those skinship scenes with me and I’m sorry.  I shouldn’t have signed that darn contract.  I wasn’t thinking about how you would feel about this.”

            “Seeyang…” said Jonghyun.

            She smiled.  “I pray that one day, you and Park Gyuri will become a couple.” she said, sweetly.  “I pray that everything will work out, so you can be with your dream girl forever…”

            Jonghyun couldn’t look at her.  He felt so bad about how she felt.  “I’m sorry.”  he said.

            “No.” said Seeyang, as she playfully patted him on the shoulder, drunkly.  “Thank you.  For being the nice and humble guy you are for accepting me even though I didn’t meet your criteria.  Thank you for letting me experience how it’s like to have my first love without actually being in a relationship…  Thank you….  Thank you…”  She laid down on the ground with closed eyes.

            Jonghyun looked down at her as she slipped into a slumber.  He touched Seeyang’s black silk hair softly.

 

**NOTE:  Bad, bad Yonghwa...  XP  LOL  I hope that you girls enjoyed this chapter.  You apparently learn a lot from Seeyang while she's drunk...

Sorry that I haven't really been updating.  Like I've said before, I have much academic assignments to do.  :D  I hope that you all have a great weekend and THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR YOUR SUPPORT!!!

LOVE,

loveFORyunho

on 9/19/2010 @ 4:22 PM PST