9. A VIP = A Very Important Pregnant Woman

Who's the Daddy?
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

9. A VIP = A Very Important Pregnant Woman 

-----

[A/N: Excuse my lame I mean creative title for this chapter lol]

-----

After their business trip to Busan, the two were back to a normal day. The result from their meetings with the investors had sure boosted Dara's pride and happiness with the progress of their ongoing project. The fact that everything is falling into the right places she felt somehow at ease. And when time comes, she knew she can hand the rest of the project to Jiyong.

Speaking of Jiyong, Dara was well aware that she'll need to tell the Kwons in general about her situation. In a few months she'll grow a tummy which she won't be able to hide from them or to anybody. And the thought of sharing this to them somehow worries her. Not that she cares, but Dara knew the Kwons most particulary Mrs. Kwon will question her as to how she got pregnant.

bank, isn't really the type of answer you can just throw at people nor just getting knocked up is something you'd tell people. She didn't want the Kwons to think of her like that, after all she's not that kind of girl.

As she put on the last few touches of her makeup, she got up and gathered her stuff. After the sudden leisure moments she had with Jiyong, she was back to her normal life.

For a moment, she stood frozen on her spot. Dara remembered how she has to face Jiyong again or more like she'll face him everyday with that thought. It's not that she was affected by it, okay she lied she is well affected by it. It's just she doesn't show it or she's good at pretending not to show how affected she is.

When she laughed it off and shrugged the thought, something else was in Jiyong's eyes. She saw something different in them, like he was serious about it which left her questioning herself.

"That's gotta be joke!" Dara muttered dryly. "He's got to be kidding me!"

After a minute of thinking, she just shrugged it off again and moved on.

As she got outside, she continued digging in her purse looking for her keys. And once she got her keys, she paused as someone stood right in front of her. Looking up, she saw him with that look on his face which she would love to erase.

"Good morning!" he uttered cheerfully.

"Jiyong, what are you doing here?" Dara questioned coldly.

"I'm here to pick you up," Jiyong smiled. "You know carpool. Save money, gas and time."

"How so?" she asked crossing her arms on her chest.

"Well gas obviously will save you the money," he ignored Dara's blazing eyes. "Time, well you can save time with me by telling me pointers on business while we go to work together. It's pretty much hitting two birds with one stone for you."

"I didn't ask for this," Dara glared at him.

"Oh come on Dara," he smirked. "Let's get to know each other more that way we can build a good foundation of friendship."

"Jiyong," she frowned.

"Dara," Jiyong smiled.

"Come on, let's go. We'll be late," he added grabbing Dara's bag and leading her to his car. "Have you eaten?"

"Yes," Dara answered. "Let's just go to work. I have a lot of things to do and so do you."

"Do we?" Dara just nodded while he too returned the gesture.

"You want coffee?" he asked. "We can stop by at a coffee shop?"

"Ummm..." she was put on a sudden thought. Coffee...it's not good for pregnant woman. According to the pamphlet the doctor gave me, caffeine is not good for the baby. But good god, coffee sounds so good right now. I really want some caffeine boost. No Dara! You can't have some.

"No, I'm good," Dara smiled. "I'm trying to quit caffeine intake. It's not good for me."

"Oh yea? Are you pregnant?" Jiyong teased making Dara stiff. "Hey I was just kidding."

"I know," Dara for a minute felt nervous. "Why would I be pregnant?"

"Are you really okay?" he turned his head slightly to his right to look at her. Somehow he saw something in her eyes like she was horrified.

"I'm okay," she bit her lips trying not to let her emotion take over.

"Hey," Jiyong pulled over to the curb as he sees tears in the corner of Dara's eyes. "Are you really okay?"

Damn hormones! I hate you right now! "I'm fine," Dara murmured. "I just remembered something."

"Like?" he asked curious to what it was. Did I trigger something about her parents? Oh ! "Did the coffee got you? I'm so sorry."

"It's nothing really," she shook her head and let out a faint laugh hoping to get Jiyong to back off. "Let's just go."

"Okay," Jiyong uttered but he still felt worried.

-

Once the two arrived in the office, heads from left to right looked at the two. Jiyong holding onto Dara's bag, was a new change for everybody. They didn't expect the heir to carry a girl's bag, but then again Jiyong is currently Dara's secretary. Although a few had something else in mind as they see the two together.

Dara was well aware that everyone's eyes were on them. With an office building filled with people who loves to gossip, she sure knows what will be the headline for this week. And if this ever goes up to the CEOs, she will sure be the first one to know.

"Hey Dara," Jiyong moved closer which Dara felt clearly. With their arms brushing each other, something inside her ignited. you hormones! "Hey slow down," he tried catching up with Dara's pace. "For someone who wears high heels could walk so fast. Damn woman, I gotta give it up to you!" ! I'm wearing heels and I'm pregnant! It's number six big no's in the pamphlet. Now I need to shop for flats which means spending. UGH! 

"What?" Dara whispered as she slows down as well. "We need to go."

"Dara," he called again.

Dara let out an annoyed sigh and quickly she whipped herself back to face Jiyong. But her feet, tangled as she turned making her stumble for a bit.

"Easy there sweetheart," Jiyong grabbed Dara's arm gently while his other arm wrapped tightly around her waist. "You've gain a few weight."

"Huh?" Dara stuttered.

"You have curves," he looked at Dara fascinated after all he could feel Dara's body in his hand. "I like that."

you hormones! I ing hate you right now! Gah! Why am I feeling hot all of sudden. I can't be like this. Dara focus. Ignore this sudden hot, flaring feelings inside you. ! Why do I suddenly feel the need to take a cold shower.

"Hands off," Dara murmured trying not to show how nervous she is. "Everyone is looking at us."

"So?" Jiyong smirked. "You still haven't answered what I asked you yesterday."

"What ques..." she stopped remembering what he meant.

"Exactly," he winked making Dara's inside flutter in such delight. And everything she's feeling inside her was all new to her. As much as she hates to admit it, but she felt light.

"I...Jiyong..." Dara stuttered nervously.

"It's a yes or a no. That is all I want for an answer," he reasoned which made it hard for Dara. The way her hormones was playing with her could put her in such danger. Kwon Jiyong to her is dangerous period.

"No, Jiyong," she was able to say but something inside her was protesting.

"No for now," Jiyong sure didn't back down. "I'll ask again tomorrow. And if you say no, then I'll ask again. I'll keep on asking you until you say yes."

"I give you the best of luck," Dara smiled before peeling herself off of Jiyong. "Now let's get moving before we give them any wrong ideas about this."

"So be it," Jiyong grinned.

"Why am I not surprise?" she shook her head before walking away.

"Hey Dara," Jiyong called making Dara look back but this time she was more careful.

"What now?" Dara grinned this time.

"One day..." he uttered first.

"One day what?" she looked at Jiyong confused.

"You'll say yes," Jiyong mischievously smiled.

"In your dreams Kwon," Dara laughed.

"That you are in," he winked playfully making Dara fake a cough. And before the guy could say anymore, Dara turned walking away as fast as she could. But the blush on her face was definitely evident and the smile on her face could not be erased.

"I ing hate you right now hormones," she mumbled to herself. No, you don't hate me Dara. You love me.

-

As Dara entered her office, her eyes widen seeing shopping bags all over her office. Wherever she turned her head there's at least a few bags sitting there.

"Kwon Jiyong!" she yelled and like a consistent secretary that he is, he ran fast attending Dara's call right away.

"Whoa did someone over shopped here or what?" he uttered surprised.

"I...This isn't mine," Dara looked at Jiyong. "I didn't go shopping."

"Of course you didn't," the two turned themselves around at the same time hearing someone spoke.

"Omma?" Jiyong mumbled surprised to see his mother.

"What for CEO Kwon?" she was rather confused for her boss's sudden generosity. "I mean..."

"For your hardwork," Mrs. Kwon reasoned.

"It doesn't have to be like this CEO Kwon, I mean it's my job," Dara nervously laughed. "I mean I can't take this."

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter