7. Rocky Road? Strawberry? Or Both?

Who's the Daddy?
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

7. Rocky Road? Strawberry? Or Both?

----

"Is it even safe for you to travel?" Bom asked as she watches Dara pack for her business trip. "I mean you're like what? Four or is it five weeks?"

"I'm on my fourth week unnie," Dara answered. "And as far as traveling the doctor said it's okay. I mean Busan is not that far."

"Are you going with someone at least?" she looked at her worried.

"Yes," she looked at her unnie smiling.

"Who?" Bom tilted her head to the side seeing something different about her.

"Unnie don't be like that," Dara chuckled. "I didn't mean to... nevermind. It's Jiyong, my temporary secretary."

"Your boss's son, you mean?" she asked making her friend nod. "Wait didn't we also meet him at that speed date we went to?"

"Yes Bommah," she laughed this time making Bom curious. She found it so weird how her friend is reacting like this, like she's getting giddy and all. "I mean what a small world we live in."

"Small indeed!" Bom grimaced seeing how estatic Dara looked. "But wait... why is he your secretary? Isn't he taking over the company?"

"Yes and no," Dara said making her friend look so confused. "He's only my secretary because I needed to train him. And yes, he's taking over and so his dad had asked me to teach Jiyong how their company runs. I mean hello unnie, he's taking over yet he doesn't even know what the hell his father's company do. Would you trust your son to take over when all he has on his based on experience is modeling."

"Wait that shrimp models?" Bom spat making Dara laugh. "You mean to say that skinny guy models?!"

"Yes unnie," she giggled. "But he did graduate with a business degree."

"Business, I can see that from his appearance," she looked so baffled which made Dara laugh again. "But modeling? I hoped he modeled for kitchen ware or better yet something else that doesn't have to do with clothes."

"Why not unnie?" Dara looked at her curiously. "He has good looks, body wise he does have that possibility but not for something macho. And I can see some charisma in him too."

"Wait..." Bom uttered shock.

"Wait what?" she looked at her unnie surprise as well.

"Why are you suddenly praising this guy?" she asked erasing the smile on Dara's face. "I mean the last time we talked about this shrimp wimp, you were in total hatred mode. I mean I saw smoke coming out of your ears and nose."

Dara bit her lips realizing what she had said to Bom and remembering her first meeting with Jiyong was sure the opposite of what she said about him now. And looking at Bom, who was now smirking sure didn't make anything better.

"What?" she whispered making her friend shake her head.

"Nothing," Bom shrugged even though she was ready to friend badly about this. Both looked at the window hearing someone honk and based on the constant actions Dara knew who it was. "I'm guessing that's the shrimp."

"Unnie," Dara glared at her friend.

"What?" she bit her lips trying hard not to laugh. For the first time in their friendship Bom had witnessed a different side to her friend. "Come on, let's get you out there before that model lose his temper."

As they walked out of Dara's home, Bom had constantly reminded Dara the precautions. Even though, she wasn't too happy with her friend's decision to travel, she still had to support her. She's well aware that she's the only family Dara has and even if she has someone out there, Bom was the only that Dara trust.

"Thank you unnie," Dara uttered happily. "I'll take good care of myself."

"Just make sure you call the doctors if you need something or better yet go to the hospital," Bom lastly warned. "I mean its still early and as much as I don't want to worry, I still need you to be careful."

"I will unnie," she returned Bom's tight hug.

Once they were near Jiyong's car, Bom's facial expression changed. It went from worry to anger. And even though she barely knows Jiyong, she can't help but not trust the guy just yet. However, seeing something new in her friend's eyes made her feel a bit relax. It somewhat put a part of her self at ease knowing someone is starting to enter in Dara's life.

But the unnie in her was still intact stronger than ever knowing she needs to be there for Dara. Especially with what she's going through now.

"Unnie don't do it," Dara knew something was up in Bom's head.

"Don't do what?" Bom pretended like she doesn't know what Dara meant.

"Are you ready?" Jiyong ran towards Dara taking her bag from her.

"Of course she is," her friend muttered. "Will she be out here?"

"Unnie," Dara whispered looking at the two back and forth.

"Of course," Jiyong felt Dara's friend's cold voice. "We should head out now, or else we'll hit the traffic."

"Unnie," Dara called making her friend nod.

"Careful, okay?" she uttered worried.

"I will," she answered. "I'll be back in no time."

"Okay, bring me food okay?" Bom lit up.

"Of course," Dara shook her head and then laughed. "Let's go Jiyong," Dara turned to the guy and smiled.

Once the two were out of sight, Bom sighed in relief and then smiled. She then started laughing realizing her friend might have found someone, someone that will keep Dara company.

"Oh Dara," Bom smirked.

-

"So what will happen in this business trip?" Jiyong asked as he kept his eyes on the road. He had to start the conversation or else the air would be dead and they'll have that awkward moments. "I mean what's going on in Busan?"

"Well," Dara turned her attention to Jiyong and looked at him for a minute. And then she turned her head and looked ahead of the road excited for this upcoming project the company has. "Your parents, well mainly your father, has thought about opening a bigger mall in Busan. He wanted to build tourism there that way the company can help boost the city's economy there. It'll attract people like tourists you know."

"Yea," Jiyong said understanding what Dara meant. "I think that's brilliant."

"Oh it is," she nodded. "Not only that, but other company's will also take interest in building business there. And next thing you know Busan would be another attractions here in Korea."

"And what's our purpose of coming here?" he continued asking. "I mean can't they come in the city."

"When you're interested in something Ji," Dara started. "You can't just expect it to come to you. Business don't run that way." She explained making Jiyong smile. "Of course, you'll have to put some effort in seeking that opportunity so you make the move. If you don't then it'll slip just like that and in the end you'll regret."

"The opportunity won't come to you," she turned looking at Jiyong. "You have to go for it and make effort to show you're interested. That's how part of business work."

"Also in love," Jiyong uttered looking at Dara for a second and then turned his eyes back on the road. Dara blushed suddenly hearing what Jiyong said. And she too turned her head and looked at the road as well.

"Hmmm..." Dara faked a cough and decided to ignore what Jiyong said. "So back to this Busan business deal thing, we're going there because we need to show the people there our interest. And I've come up with some deals that I'm sure the people will like."

"Like?" he asked hoping to ignore the feeling inside.

"Like keeping Busan modern and historic at the same time," she smiled just thinking about the ideas she was able to build. "A part of Busan modern while keeping the historical part of it as well. We won't be tearing down anything historical we're keeping that. We'll only build where we can build where we don't need to destroy the beauty of Busan."

"For a change Dara," Jiyong said making Dara smile. When he said her name, something inside her fluttered. "I'm actually excited for this."

"Good," Dara smiled again. "Because this will be our project together."

"Huh? Wait? You mean I'm also part of this," he asked excitedly. "Like I'll be doing meetings and such."

"Well somewhat, but what I mean by "our" is that you and I will conjoin whatever ideas we have together," Dara explained. "And then we'll host events and plan everything to make this business work. Maybe, I'll even let you do the meeting due to some circumstances."

"That is?" he looked at her confused.

"Ummm..." Dara didn't realize what she said. "I mean you know when let's say I didn't feel good and I got sick you know. I mean you've seen how sick I've been lately. That kind of circumstances."

"Ah..." Jiyong nodded. "I got it."

"Do you want ice cream?" Dara uttered out of nowhere surprising Jiyong.

"How random could you be?" he chuckled.

"What a preg...I mean a girl like me who's ummm..." Dara bit her lips trying to find a way out of this. For some odd reason, she suddenly craved for some ice cream. And seeing where they were at in the road didn't help either. "Who's in..."

"On their period?" he asked making Dara blushed. Jiyong laughed seeing her flushed face. "They crave too?"

"Of course!" Dara shyly uttered. "Most of the time we do!"

"Okay, we'll stop over to the next," Jiyong smiled. "I remember someone telling me that there's a good place for ice cream around here."

"Is that so?" she smiled happily. Just wait baby, we'll get you ice cream.

-

The two stood in front of the counter looking at the menu. Dara bit her lips confused what to get. She couldn't decide what to get.

"So what are you getting?" Jiyong asked.

"What are you getting?" Dara spat his question back instead.

"Hmmmm I'm getting chocolate," he answered. "Have you made up your mind yet?"

"Yea," Dara then turned towards the waitress waiting for them to order. "I'll have a waffle cone with one scoop of rocky road and strawberry together."

Jiyong and the waitress both looked at Dara horrified hearing what she had ordered.

"What?" she muttered shyly.

"Nothing," Jiyong said and signaled the girl who this time looked disgusted by Dara's order. "I'll have waffle cone and a scoop of chocolate."

"Okay, so I have both in waffle cones, one with a scoop of chocolate," she said looking at Jiyong and then she turned to Dara and looked at her confused. "The other one is a scoop of rocky road and a scoop of strawberry together. You must be pregnant."

With this, Jiyong laughed which made Dara tense at her spot.

"No, no," Jiyong uttered through his laughter.

"I mean that's a weird craving to have," she went on maki

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter