22. Little Pomegranate

Who's the Daddy?
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

22. Little Pomegranate

-----

Jiyong's eyes slowly fluttered open as he hears someone constantly calling his name. He smiled hearing such angelic voice uttering his name oh so sweetly. Once everything clears out in his vision, he smiled even more.

"Dara," he whispered softly. "I love you Dara."

"Jiyong," the voice called. "Wake up Jiyong."

"I am," he murmured batting his eyelashes like a baby. "Am I in heaven? You're glowing more and more. Oh baby you look so beautiful like this."

"Jiyong," the voice uttered again. "Wake up!"

"Come here baby," he extended both of his arms reaching for her. "Give daddy a hug!"

"Jiyong," the voice kept calling.

"Please baby come closer," Jiyong kept smiling like a fool. Once he was able to reach for her, he tried to hug her as tight as he could. 

"Jiyong! Wake up!" the voice went on but this time it was sharp filled with warnings.

A few seconds pass, a loud smack was heard. Jiyong's once glistening eyes moistened and once he opened his eyes again, his vision literally cleared out.

His eyes widen seeing who it was wrapped around his arms.

"Secretary Kim?" he mumbled dumbfounded. The old man's eyes didn't soften instead his glare grew heavier.

"You fool get up!" the old man tried not to yell. "Are you okay? What the hell happened here?!"

"Am I okay?" he slowly sat up and rubbed his pained head. "What happened to me?"

"You tell me?" the secretary asked. "You scared the hell out of me! I walked in and saw your legs. Almost gave me a heart attack boy! As much as I'm an old man, I don't want to leave the world just yet."

"I'm sorry Secretary Kim," Jiyong got up and his eyes went directly to his mother's desk. And there he saw the files still spread across. "I think I fainted or something."

"What are you doing in here anyways?" he looked at Jiyong suspiciously.

"What is this?" Jiyong lifted the files up. "Why does omma have this?"

The man squinted his eyes trying to look at the files Jiyong was holding and seeing what it was his eyes widen.

"I have no idea what that is!" the man lied even though he's also been behind the antics of Mrs. Kwon.

"Secretary Kim," he looked at him seriously. "You're like an uncle to me and you know you've served my parents for a very long time. You practically know what's running in my mother's head. So why does she have this?"

"At least be happy," the man shrugged.

Jiyong settled the files again on the desk and looked at both numbers from his file and Dara's file. He kept glancing at it back and forth hoping it won't change. He couldn't believe that the child Dara is actually carrying is his.

"Tell me Secretary Kim," Jiyong kept looking at the two numbers. "Am I hallucinating? Or are these two numbers identical."

"Idiot," he heard the old man say. "What you see is what you get."

Jiyong's moment was suddenly interrupted as he hears heels and voices out from the hall. And based on the noises he's hearing, he knew exactly who it was coming.

"Secretary Kim!" the voice echoed. The voice calling stopped from her tracks and her face stilled and shock to see who was present. "Jiyong..."

"Omma..." Jiyong called coldly. "So when were you actually going to tell me about this?" He lifted the files up and showed it to her. "I mean Dara..." his eyes started to moisten feeling overwhelmed. "She's carrying my child omma... I'm..." a tear fell from his eyes being super emotional.

"Oh god," Secretary Kim uttered. "Be a man Jiyong!"

"Oh Jiyong," Mrs. Kwon entered and quickly closed the door.

"And why are you here? I thought you're off to Japan..." he looked at his mother confused.

"I got a call that you passed out," his mother reasoned which Jiyong found absurd. "Don't change the subject! I should be asking you that!"

"Really?" he rolled his eyes.

"Don't you dare roll your eyes on me, young man!" his mother scolded. "At least be happy that your little bet went to a very well deserving girl."

"No wonder..." Jiyong was put in a trance again. His eyes moistened once again as he thinks about everything deeply. "No wonder.... No wonder I feel so connected to little peach. Omma... how could this happen?" he started to sob happily. "Damn! I am the luckiest man in this world."

"Good god," Secretary Kim whispered hearing Jiyong being a .

"I gotta tell this to Dara," he quickly wiped his tears and stood up. "This will make Dara happy omma!"

"Jiyong," Mrs. Kwon held her arm out to stop the guy. "Not yet..."

"What? Why?" he looked at his mother confused. "I mean this will only assure her that we are really meant to be. Omma this will make her happy."

"Not yet son," his mother insisted. "Let's wait for the right time. I know how much you love her, but let's have Dara accept this first before we go tell her. I don't want her to be with you, because she wants to do it for the baby. Remember son, she went to a bank to have a baby alone. And well..."

"You don't want her to know?" he looked at his mother distraught. "I thought you like her for me. I thought you want her for me."

"Idiot!" Mrs. Kwon slapped her own son. "I love Dara okay! Don't think I'm an evil mother who's going to separate the two of you! I would never do that!"

"Then why won't you let me tell her?" Jiyong was rather baffled.

"Because," she looked at her son happily. "I want her to love you the way you love her back. I know Dara loves you, but she's just holding it in. You made a stupid move and now she's trying to regain the trust from you. You have to give her time. I want her to love you too. I know she does, but we can't just let her know now. We'll wait for the right time."

"But I feel like I will lie to her if we or I keep this to myself," he whispered. "And I want to be honest with her."

"Then let's say you didn't know," she suggested. "You weren't even suppose to see it anyway. Why are you snooping in my office anyway?"

"I was not...Dara saw her files here omma," Jiyong rolled his eyes again. "Ouch!" he rubbed the pained part of his head as his mother hit him again. "Omma that's child abuse."

"Oh grow up!" his mother groaned. "Did she see your file?"

"I don't think she did," he looked at Secretary Kim. "Apparently Secretary Kim had beaten her to it."

"Oh thank god!" Mrs. Kwon sighed in relief. "Look son, just be patient... We will let her know once she's settled with what she feels for you. I know she loves you, I don't doubt that, but I want her to admit that before we actually tell her. I'm not doing this to be selfish, I just want security for the two of you."

"What if she pulls back once she knows? I know it'll hurt her if she finds out I'm the father," Jiyong frowned.

"Then I'll use my force or power," Mrs. Kwon smirked. "I guess I'll just have the two of you arranged to be married."

"Now why do I suddenly want to do that... to have Dara change her mind about our situation?" Jiyong smirked. "If she's pulling out then it'll be easy for me to marry her."

"Stupid!" Mrs. Kwon slapped him in the head again. "Get your head out of the gutter and attend her."

"Is she here?" he asked.

"Yes," his mother smiled. "I think she's too lonely in her office."

"Oh !" Jiyong looked at his watch and noticed the time running.

"Watch the language!" Mrs. Kwon glared. "What's wrong?"

"I have to get Dara to eat lunch then we're off to our doctor's appointment," he recited their plan. "Today we will know little peach's ."

"Oh my! Maybe I should cancel my flight to Japan and go with the two of you," Mrs. Kwon was ready to take her cell phone out when Jiyong stopped her.

"Omma, its Dara's and I's moment," Jiyong tried to break it softly to her without hurting her feelings. "I will just send you a message or better yet little peach's image."

"You are such a jerk!" his mother spat. "But fine! If you don't send me pictures I will sure head back and spank you like you were ten again!"

Jiyong shivered at his spot and remembered how his mother spanked him. He looked at his mother and nodded assuring that he'd do what he was told.

"Now go on mother and have a safe flight," Jiyong led his mother out. "Now if you don't mind, I'd like to keep the files with me."

"No," his mother said.

"Omma..." Jiyong glared.

"I'll keep this safe with me," Mrs. Kwon grabbed the files from his hands. "Now go and enjoy what its like to be a real expecting father."

Upon hearing his mother's words he had totally forgotten about the files and a huge smile spreads across his face.

"You're right," Jiyong grinned. "Well be safe omma! I'll update you soon," he gave his mother a hug and kiss on the cheek before leaving her office.

"I was never like that," Mrs. Kwon whispered.

"Like what?" Secretary Kim asked.

"Stupid," she shook her head remembering how her son looked. "It must be from his father."

"And this is why I love working for this family," the old man laughed. "Pure entertainment."

"Tsk..." Mrs. Kwon scoffed hearing Secretary Kim speak.

-

Dara tapped her pen repeatedly as she waits for Jiyong. An hour has passed and the guy she was waiting for is still not present. She kept glancing from her laptop and then at the door, but still there was no changes. She didn't even touch the files she was suppose to be working on after all she was worried for Jiyong.

The door opened and her eyes quickly went directly at it. She shyly smiled seeing Jiyong coming in.

"Where have you been?" she asked.

"Shouldn't I be asking you that?" he smirked which made the girl tense. "Where did you go this morning hmmmm? You got me worried when I called you earlier."

"Me? I..." Dara stuttered. To tell him the truth or not? "I met Bom unnie."

"And?" he walked closer to her and planted a kiss on the top of her head.

"I..." she whispered unsure what to say.

"Did the two of you eat out?" he asked making her nod. "If you told me you were hungry I would have canceled my appointment with hyung and eat with you."

"No its okay," Dara felt nervous. "We can eat lunch t

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter